Drl on with parking lights - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Drl on with parking lights in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by Bunty Cool so you didn't do anything different from what is shown in your post with the ...
    Eric Hagan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Cool so you didn't do anything different from what is shown in your post with the pics right? I want a wire from the headlight to the fogs and another from the parking to the DRL.

This won't overload anything right?
    No it's not in the pictures above.

I'll do a right up or how to some time this weekend.

Sorry I meant to wright that above.

I'll get on it when I get some time. Been playing with my other toys!! Haha

Bunty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade AWD Premium

Re: Drl on with parking lights

Alright thanks, and that's petty cool too haha^

Ok this works the same way as powering the DRL with the right parking lights. But I am powering the fogs off of the left parking light fuse. I am also using the diode and the same wire as mentioned above.

SEE ABOVE ABOUT THE DIODE AND THE WAY THE POWER FLOWS TROUGH IT.

The power will flow to the fogs from the left parking light fuse. But the diode will keep the fogs from powering the parking lights.

The wire needs to land on the right side of fuse 27 and the right side of fuse 25. This protects the wire in the fuse box and keeps everything fused and protected. SEE THE PICTURE.

Again I have replaced all of my incandescent bulbs to led which draw around 25% less than the factory bulbs and if you do the same this will work for you.

DO NOT RUN THE FOGS THIS WAY IF YOU ARE NOT RUNNING LEDS IN THE FOGS AND THE SAME FOR THE DRLS.

If you are running HIDS then you will need to install isolation relays to handle the load. With LEDs you don't need the relays. This works perfectly.

So now when I unlock my doors everything turns on. Park, fog, DRL, HIDS.
    If I remote start, the park, fog, DRLs will be on. No HIDs.

No need to hit the fog button at all now. They come on when the parking lights turn on. The DRLs still will come on when it's sunny outside and no other lights will be on except the DRLs when it's sunny. If it gets dark, everything turns on automatically. Should of had this from the factory IMO.

And the intellibeams work perfectly and it is crazy bright at night with the fogs, DRLs, and the HIDs high beams.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric
    Attached Images

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Great job, Eric! I love that look. Quick question, do you have stock headlights or did you replace them with 6ks? Everything looks very white in your picture. I know you have the VLed 6k bulbs everywhere else up front. Color match is perfect from what I can tell.

They are stock. The color match is very close. As you can see in my pics. Its hard to tell there is any difference between the d1s and the leds.
    As you know the Hids change color with time. I think everybody's are a little different shades. Slightly.

Bunty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade AWD Premium

Great write up man, this thread should probably be stickied. Either way this is going in my bookmarks and will be very useful to many people.

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Great write up man, this thread should probably be stickied. Either way this is going in my bookmarks and will be very useful to many people.

Thanks a lot!
    You are welcome.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Eric

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

Hey Eric i just wanted to know if you knew the part #'s for the Vled lights so I could do the same setup in mine. Looks good
    Thank you

These came from superbrightleds.com They are the parking light bulbs. These are brighter than the ones I originaly got from VLEDs.
    2 | WLED-xHP15-T: LED T10 Wedge Base Bulb | $ 16.95 |
    WLED-CWHP15-T: Cool White

These are my fog lights. They are a direct replacement. from VLEDs
    9005_28_W_6K
    V-LEDS 6K HID WHITE 28 LED 13W DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS HB3 9005 H10 9145 B/O

These are for the DRLs I did have to tap the wires on the harness to power these. The connectors came with the lights. also you need to contact them and give them the info of what your truck is and they have to modify the bulbs so you can put the screw on cover back on the back of the headlight assembly. See the note of the escalade mod on the list below. All you have to do is go to their website and drop the tech support people a email and they will get back to you.
    1 V-LEDS 6K HID WHITE 28 LED 13W DRL/FOG LIGHT BULBS 5202 9009 H16 - Direct Sale
    $89.99 $89.99
    1 ESCALADE MOD - Direct Sale
    $10.00 $10.00
    Subtotal: $99.99
    Shipping: (USPS Priority) $7.49
    Total: $107.48

I wired my truck the same way as your last fuse box pic. The DRL comes on with parking and Hid, when I hit the unlock button. My fog lights don't come on. I still have to turn the fog lights on manually. Are there supposed to be "3" wires with diodes, or just "2" wires like picture above?? I want fogs to automatically turn on with all the lights.

Thank you

here it is I had to turn on the fog lights manually. I want to make sure that I did it the right way

I took a second look at the truck and found out that I had one diode going the wrong way

Everything works perfect now, Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by mycaddi408
    I took a second look at the truck and found out that I had one diode going the wrong way

Everything works perfect now, Thank you
    Sweet!!

tgeorge34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I am in the process of doing this...just waiting for my last set of led's for the parking lights and switchback turn signals to arrive. The question I have is if I am powering the DRL off of the parking light, and I am also powering the fog lights off of the parking light, will I mess something up if I also tap the wire for the switchback turn signal into the parking light? How did you get your switchbacks lit in your picture in your signature?

Thanks

tgeorge34 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Anybody have any idea???

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.