Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Towing problem - 07 AWD

thundercat97 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Towing problem - 07 AWD

I do a lot of towing with my 07 Escalade AWD. Yes the mileages sucks…, but that is not my concern.

While towing in hilly terrain the transmission oil often gets very hot. A couple of times the temperature has been so high that “fail safe” mode has engaged – locking the transmission in 1st gear. I always use the tow mode. My trailer weights between 7000 and 7500lbs when loaded.

Is there a transmission cooler upgrade available for the Escalade - OEM or aftermarked? Any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Re: Towing problem - 07 AWD

I have something similar to this on one of my hot rods, mine is a combo cooler and cools oil and trans. Works great for me!!

Made by Flex-a-lite
    Last edited by MrHolland; 12-09-11 at 06:13 PM.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
    H.V., Pa/Town of Webb, NY

Re: Towing problem - 07 AWD

I have towed many tmes cross country and never had that warning, but have got the temps high, but 95% of my towing is in the cold and the trans never gets that hot. I would suggest looking at something like a larger Hayden Transaver or equ trans cooler and a larger pan with cooling and most larger pans have that, the fan mount cooler maybe overkill unless you tow most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread

Cadillac Posting Rules