New to here and just bought a 2007 escalade with 66000 miles
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New to here and just bought a 2007 escalade with 66000 miles in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Ive been reading the posts here for a while trying to solve a few of our problems with our caddy. ...
    we11s05 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

New to here and just bought a 2007 escalade with 66000 miles

Ive been reading the posts here for a while trying to solve a few of our problems with our caddy. When we got our caddy we thought it was the best thing since sliced bread, but since then we have had tremendous amounts of wind noise and I noticed the paint peeling on the window moldings. We did have a little problem getting our inside door handles replaced tho. We took it to the dealer and they said we had the wrong vin number for the peeling door handles. All four of them were peeling but yet we had the wrong vin number???? Anyways we called caddilac and told them and she had them replaced on goodwill, which was very nice of them. I did adjust our door latches to pull the door in for a tighter seal and it seems to have helped but now it sounds like the mirrors are noisy. Id like to find some info on putting the foam in the mirrors so i can do it myself and has anybody had any luck on getting the window moldings painted when you are out of bumper to bumper warranty?

P.S. and our a-pillars are sagging...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: New to here and just bought a 2007 escalade with 66000 miles

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your new truck. There are just some dealerships that work better with customers than others, do some searches and you will find different wind noise fixes. I had several 07's and some just were better than others, I spent a lot of time adjusting the doors and that really helped, although it was a very slow process to get them right. I just picked up an 07' for a great deal to use to test some parts we are making for Escalade's, and compared to my 12's it sounds like the windows are open when they aren't. There is a good post about fixing the saggy pillers

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Sounds like you have a leaking windshield, which contributes to the wind noise issue...

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

Look at you exterior window frames for cracks or being loose.Read the windnoise sticky for more ideas. Good Luck you will figure it out and get some peace.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

We11s05,
    Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new purchase. From what I have noticed there are many 'fixes' for the wind noise. You will just have to get in contact with your local dealer and they will be able to figure out which options is the best for you. Also, if you would like to send me your contact information (name, address, phone, email,) VIN number and mileage, I can look into this for you as well. Keep us updated.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

BI2011ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Sedan & 2011 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Welcome from another Newbie!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.