Windshield wiper fluid
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Windshield wiper fluid in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I was driving my 2007 escalade and noticed that my rear windshield does not spray fluid the wipers work both ...
    xlraw is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Windshield wiper fluid

I was driving my 2007 escalade and noticed that my rear windshield does not spray fluid the wipers work both front and back and sprays in the front. I hope this is not a problem with the pump. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV
    Is it pouring on the ground anywhere? If so, there are usually a couple connections along the line to check. If not, then check the pump at the reservoir. May have a bad connection or may need to replace the motor.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Windshield wiper fluid

Some times it takes a while to come thru, I know the 07' I just purchased must have took a minute of pushing the washer button before fluid came out, I was about to start checking it out when it started flowing, I could hear the pump working

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I agree with hcvone, sometimes it does take it a while, try pushing the washer button for a little longer. If that does not work I would recommend taking it to your local dealer to have them diagnose and/or repair the issue for you. Let us know what you find out.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

xlraw is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Apparently the fuse for the rear washer keeps blowing everytime I push the button so I will take it to the dealership and let you know what they find.

Cyberman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by 48Dodge View Post
    Is it pouring on the ground anywhere? If so, there are usually a couple connections along the line to check. If not, then check the pump at the reservoir. May have a bad connection or may need to replace the motor.
    mine is leaking/gushing on the ground right behind the front driver-side wheel, what connections am i looking for? do i need to get under the car? someone please explain

dknieriem is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the same issue. The rear hose starts at the reservoir and then goes up along the hood...and eventually snakes down. Mine was disconnected along the drivers side hood...right in about the middle of the front quarter panel. There was not a lot of slack in the line...and must have pushed out when the line froze with this cold weather.

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

I'm not sure about the Escalade but I had a Yukon once that when the washer fluid level got to a low point it would continue to pump fluid the front wipers but would not the rear.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.