Remote start auto heater?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Remote start auto heater? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I heard that when you remote start your escalade you can program it so the heater or defrost turns on ...
    Mha
    Mha is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Remote start auto heater?

I heard that when you remote start your escalade you can program it so the heater or defrost turns on and seats heat too,how do I do this? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

murphy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Re: Remote start auto heater?

Actually these parameters are preset by the factory programming...preset interior temp based on exterior temp (hot or cold) and heated seats...etc with a preset runtime of 10 minutes and 2 starts only.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

You can buy a fancy remote from GM for around $150 but it must be programmed at the dealer (heard its over $200). Its GM part #19171129. It does a whole bunch of stuff like turn the defrost on, tells you the tire PSI, temp i think, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by luxurylife33 View Post
    You can buy a fancy remote from GM for around $150 but it must be programmed at the dealer (heard its over $200). Its GM part #19171129. It does a whole bunch of stuff like turn the defrost on, tells you the tire PSI, temp i think, etc.

Had one installed in my '07. Don't waste your money, Yes it increases the range "slightly" and provides feedback but you'll never use the info..Requires a new module install and antenna on side glass.An after market unit is a better buy. Again this unit uses GM programming which limits run time to 10 minutes and start frequency to 2...not to mention the fob is massive. (Mine also had the rear hatch button)

Found a pic
    [IMG][/IMG]

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

And you cant control the defroster,you can adj the radio a little . It does have alot more range when the antenna is outside the vehicle.The smart phone remote is the stuff!

stater02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, Luxury Trim

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Actually these parameters are preset by the factory programming...preset interior temp based on exterior temp (hot or cold) and heated seats...etc with a preset runtime of 10 minutes and 2 starts only.
    Not sure that it is in a 2010. I noticed that when remote starting my truck in 30 degree weather, the heat and heated seats are not turning on. I cycled through all of the presets and didn't see anything that asked about "interior temp based on exterior temp"

I'm going to spend some time looking in the manual when I get home tonight, but if anyone else has any insight, please share. Today's high in MinneSNOWta was 36. I need my buttwarmers!

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I started mine outside this morning it was 15 degrees and the heat was on when I opened the door, and I didn't leave the heat on because it was 55 yesterday.

stater02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, Luxury Trim

Where your heated seats on? Did you do a remote start from the FOB or from a smartphone? I'm going to try it again when I leave the office. I would be happy to eat crow on this but I'm pretty sure they are not turning on for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stater02 View Post
    Where your heated seats on? Did you do a remote start from the FOB or from a smartphone? I'm going to try it again when I leave the office. I would be happy to eat crow on this but I'm pretty sure they are not turning on for me.
    Heated seats turning on is not an option user can adjust but programmed into the module from factory as is run time and temp set.. For some reason my phone does not turn seats on when factory fob does so dealer who installed phone starter will check tomorrow when it goes in.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by stater02 View Post
    Yes they were

NorthernHillbilly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV

Mine will either run the a/c and seat coolers, or heat the seats and turn on defrost depending on exterior temps...I don't think it's user programmable though...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.