Stage 2 will be complete tomorrow.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Stage 2 will be complete tomorrow. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well this year I decided I should do something with my 2008 Escalade or get something else. If you could ...
    71Dragtruck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Stage 2 will be complete tomorrow.

Well this year I decided I should do something with my 2008 Escalade or get something else. If you could get a CTS-V in all wheel drive it would likely be gone. I hardly ever drive it, only has ~14,000kms on it but when I take a road trip in the winter AWD is a must.

Anyway decided to build as close to a V as I could get in a SUV, I already had the basics like CAI, exhaust and a programmer done from new but that was nowhere near enough. So went with makeover stage #1. lowered it 2-3 and put a set of Hotchkis sway bars (hcvone is dead on with this being a must). Stage #2 brakes, my Baer 6 piston Extreme + 15" front and 14" rear (couldn't get 15" in the Baer for the back) kit just came in and is getting installed tomorrow (looks simple enough and if I had the time would do it myself). Stage #3 planned to happen before the end of Jan is a supercharger, long tube headers and Y with a custom tune.

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow with the new stopping power
    richw3533 and richw3533 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

richw3533 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade

Re: Stage 2 will be complete tomorrow.

This is what I did with mine, its the best mod yet!! Reworked heads, long tube headers, new computer, built tranny, monster injectors, bigger fuel pump, larger throttlebody, coldair intake, intercooler, high flow cats and custom exhaust.

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

If yours has an 8.5 rear, consider also putting a 9.5 in it as well. I broke an axle in my 8.5 so changed to ESV 2WD 3.42 limited slip 9.5 unit. Requires bastard ujoint or new driveshaft. Recommend driveshaft because nose is about 1 in longer on 9.5, and it takes a larger ujoint. Bigger axle tubes on 9.5 might also hit exhaust if lowered three inches.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

They do make the 15" rotors for the rear in extreme +, I was the first and second customer with them, think they were custom but there is a part number, when I find some pics I will post them. You should be good with what you want to do, have done that to many of my trucks and never had an issues, really want to supercharge one of the 12's

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    They do make the 15" rotors for the rear in extreme +, I was the first and second customer with them, think they were custom but there is a part number, when I find some pics I will post them. You should be good with what you want to do, have done that to many of my trucks and never had an issues, really want to supercharge one of the 12's
    Damn wish I would have known that, would have prefered 15 all around

hcvone have you ever had problems with the front factory 22" rims not fitting in the front? Shop just called and said the spokes touch the calipers on the front with stock rims?? Not happy right now.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck View Post
    hcvone have you ever had problems with the front factory 22" rims not fitting in the front? Shop just called and said the spokes touch the calipers on the front with stock rims?? Not happy right now.
    if its not off by much, you can get spacers to clear the calipers. they fit between the hub and rim.

Quote Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck View Post
    No even my 20" GM wheels fit, never had a rubbing issue caused by the Baer calipers, it was close but no rubbing, I know a few people using the same brake setup in the front and never heard of rubbing or needing shims, my shop guy said the same thing

WTH mine need spacers to clear??

My shop guy said make sure it's not the flashing from the casting of the wheel that is causing the issue of the rub, he claims one of my wheels needed the extra casting flashing to be sanded off, I don't remember that but he is much younger than me so it maybe true, he said like I said there is not much clearance but they don't rub

No it's not just flashing, I have 1/4" spacers in and they barely clear. No sure if Baer changed something or what is up, im going to call them today.

Can anyone confirm this story????

The rumor/story I heard and possible reason for my delema is that at one point in time when GM was having issues with pealing rims they changed suppliers only to have the same issues and worse in some cases, so they went back to the original supplier. So even though all the rims look the same when compared side to side there are sets out there that are a bit different in the spoke area that don't clear big brake kits as well as others.

ELUSIVE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE

Sounds cool, but I guess I just don't understand the logic in spending all of that money on an ~6000 pound tank trying to make it fast and sporty.
    Spend that money on a sports car. That's what they are made for. Maybe it's just me.

prosseda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT 2009 Platinum ESV

What about the actual rotor thickness? Or the caliper bracket. The caliper itself can be the same size and fit differently on different trucks and wheels if the rotor is different thickness near the hub or 2 piece vs. one piece rotor etc. A thick rotor would be the equivalent of having a spacer built in. I am suggesting that your wheel might not be different from another wheel that does work with this setup. I'm not ruling it out either. Even a difference in front hubs (originals vs replacements) could affect the caliper when the fit is that tight.

Quote Originally Posted by ELUSIVE View Post
    Sounds cool, but I guess I just don't understand the logic in spending all of that money on an ~6000 pound tank trying to make it fast and sporty.
    Spend that money on a sports car. That's what they are made for. Maybe it's just me.
    Guess I like outside the box, everbody and their dog has a sports car, also the reason I have a all steel street legal NHRA spec truck that runs mid 10's in 3800DA.

Quote Originally Posted by prosseda View Post
    What about the actual rotor thickness? Or the caliper bracket. The caliper itself can be the same size and fit differently on different trucks and wheels if the rotor is different thickness near the hub or 2 piece vs. one piece rotor etc. A thick rotor would be the equivalent of having a spacer built in. I am suggesting that your wheel might not be different from another wheel that does work with this setup. I'm not ruling it out either. Even a difference in front hubs (originals vs replacements) could affect the caliper when the fit is that tight.
    I checked and Baer has not changed any of the above in their kits like I have. It works with spacers, I just don't like using them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.