Stage 2 will be complete tomorrow. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Stage 2 will be complete tomorrow. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck Can anyone confirm this story???? The rumor/story I heard and possible reason for my delema is ...
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Stage 2 will be complete tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by 71Dragtruck View Post
    Can anyone confirm this story????

The rumor/story I heard and possible reason for my delema is that at one point in time when GM was having issues with pealing rims they changed suppliers only to have the same issues and worse in some cases, so they went back to the original supplier. So even though all the rims look the same when compared side to side there are sets out there that are a bit different in the spoke area that don't clear big brake kits as well as others.
    That would not surprise me at all, if you remember there were a few owners that claimed their stock wheels rubbed at stock height, the 31 mm offset that is suppose to be there will not let the wheels and or tires rub anything, we make wheels and know this to be true, one other thing, many of the overseas wheels are not to the same specs in terms of material, so it would not be surprising if they were not correct in offset either, remember lowest bidder makes the wheels.

71Dragtruck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Well decided that since there is hub sticking into the rim that I'll use the stock rims and a set of machined hubcentric spacers.

Moving forward, stage #3 is booked for Dec 28th.

hcvone if you have time and don't mind, could you please snap a picture of the center of your installed rim showing how much hub sticks into your stock rim with the Baer system.
    This would rule out that the hat of the Baer rotor is thinner on my kit causing my problem.

Well decided that since there is hub sticking into the rim that I'll use the stock rims and a set of machined hubcentric spacers.

Moving forward, stage #3 is booked for Dec 28th.

hcvone if you have time and don't mind, could you please snap a picture of the center of your installed rim showing how much hub sticks into your stock rim with the Baer system.
    This would rule out that the hat of the Baer rotor is thinner on my kit causing my problem.
    I should be able to do that later this week when we get back to NY.

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    I should be able to do that later this week when we get back to NY.
    Thanks!

Thanks!
    I am waiting to hear back from our friend at Baer, when I told him of this he sounded confused and his first question was "you had this set up and you had stock wheels" and I told him yes, he then said are you sure of the wheel offset, so I said maybe different manufacturers and he said he would look into it but it wouldn't be this week

I am waiting to hear back from our friend at Baer, when I told him of this he sounded confused and his first question was "you had this set up and you had stock wheels" and I told him yes, he then said are you sure of the wheel offset, so I said maybe different manufacturers and he said he would look into it but it wouldn't be this week
    Thanks again, I appreciate the help.

Hey 71, going to be a little delay in pics of my truck wheels, broke my hand and forearm and just working with one arm is not going good

Hey 71, going to be a little delay in pics of my truck wheels, broke my hand and forearm and just working with one arm is not going good

Ouch, that sucks!! No problem whenever you get to it is fine, it's more for my curiosity.

Ouch, that sucks!! No problem whenever you get to it is fine, it's more for my curiosity.
    I hope to go up later this week, had to drive home 6 hours to the hospital to get everything set by people I know and trust, just to hear "you're too old for this kind of stuff"

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I hope to go up later this week, had to drive home 6 hours to the hospital to get everything set by people I know and trust, just to hear "you're too old for this kind of stuff"
    Take care of yourself Carl. That sounds painful!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.