Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2007 front clip to platinum edition

28K views 46 replies 18 participants last post by  BlownEscalade 
#1 ·
I plan on converting my 07 grille, bumber, and headlights to the platinum edition's... im not really trying to "clone" my truck but id realy like my truck to have a new look.
also maybe the heated and cooled cupholder's too. The santi grilles and ashanti grilles are nice but i would much rather put my money and effort into that.

if anyone could help me figure out what i need to do i would reeaalyy appreciate it. Im in afghanistan until january so i want it all planned out.

Thanks for your time,
Chris

#2 ·
See http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...m-2007/201887-platinum-fascia-conversion.html

You WILL need the fender liners to make the conversion correctly. I have a spare front fascia in black that would probably need repainted because of scratches. It is minus upper and lower grills and lower lip but has fog lamps. The only thing required would be those grills, the hood chrome, corner braces, the upper radiator shroud and fender wells. It is bolt on with some slots cut in 2007 to accommodate hood chrome mounting. It will work with the existing HID headlights....Think $1800 extra to change to Platinum LED headlights which really offer no greater light output and need some wiring changes to CORRECTLY implement on a 2007. PM me if you have any questions. Would be glad to help someone serving our country overseas.

#7 ·
Thanks, thats was realy helpful, and waterking's candice looks great! good job... i see you whent with the platinum headlights too. I would have thought the the HID's in the platinum would be more powerful...

I will take those part numbers and see if i can get ahold of a dealership, get those ordered. Im concerned about the paint match though.

you guys are awesome! thanks! i cant wait to leave this craphole warzone and treat my baby to a new look!

#8 · (Edited)
You can order the entire front Platinum assembly which includes everything except the fender wells, hood chrome strip, and upper radiator shroud...The advantage of that is that you can order in the color you want (no painting required), remove the other front fascia (less than an hour for me), bolt on the new one, put in the new wheel liners, top off with the radiator shroud and be done in less than three hours total. The hood chrome depends on the Platinum version you get (different mounting slots). The styrofoam framing and corner bracing are included with the ASSEMBLY and it slides right into the existing holder. It might be a little more expensive than getting the individual parts but it certainly is significantly easier and all preassembled by GM. Additionally you won't be cannibalizing your existing stock front which should then be easier to sell for someone's collision repair. Wiring changes and a new harness ONLY come into play with the LED headlight change out. I will be able to give a part number for a Black assembly tomorrow. If you get it as parts and borrow from the original for hardware....Add about 6hrs and a lot of frustration with broken plastic bolts during dis-assembly of the old front and getting alignment of the new skin to the styrofoam and front bracket right. I have done it both ways..assembly (if you can get a discount) is the only way I would do it in the future. My painting costs for the parts method ($300.00--changing color) and frustration with the plastic screws/alignment greatly influence my recommendation. The included directional/fog lights drive up the cost of the assembly but should be a strong selling point when included with the sale of the used front. The Bumper and upper grill assembly are separate parts on normal Escalades vice one piece on the Platinum which requires care to align the styrofoam for proper fit.

LED headlights are a personal thing with me but they have no PRACTICAL purpose except looks...Less light output (but more even coverage), expensive up front and if replacement is needed, require wiring changes to operate properly, and believe it or not ---they use more power to operate than the HID's. I would wait for second gen's which should be better and cheaper if you really want that look....It is the only change I would not make to my EXT if I had it to over again (revised--add to that the 305/45/24 tires which required wheel well mods since I am lowered 2.5/3"). I could have gotten Long Tube headers, a nitrous kit, and personal tuning instead.

#9 ·
Maybe it's me but I could never see doing this mod for the simple reason that the led headlights just do not have the light output of the HID's, I think I can say that after 6 non platinums and 3 platinums, and where I live and drive I need light. If say my truck needed a new front end from an accident I could see converting, and if you do convert and the headlights go it's not like they will be replaced under warranty (unless you know someone ;) ) my biggest reason for not getting a platinum was the need of tow hooks in the winter, have to see what problems there will be without them. The led headlights are cool looking when off, many comments. JMO

#10 ·
These are the two part numbers from my BLACK Platinum Front Fascia Assembly 25975452 and 25975437...One is the Assembly and one is just the fascia itself. Unfortunately I don't know which is which but I believe the first one is the fascia only. The number will be different for other colors. The factory paint match to the rest of the vehicle was perfect for the 55U (red) one installed on my now sold 2008. You will need a VIN for a Platinum model 2009-2011 of same type and color to make it easier. Some part numbers will have two letters tacked on for color....sometimes they are listed as "paint to match" which means what it says but you can call the source and often they will have them with the right color.

#12 ·
assembly certainly seems like the way to go with this one, i just need to find a vin so when they ask me at the dealership i can get the parts. then ill get the part#s for the chrome hoos strip, fender wells, and upper radiator shround.

question! do i reduce my wheel well area with this mod?... I have large rims 28's (sorry if thats ridiculous lol) but no suspension adjustment. I modded my original bumber a little to retain my turning radious. but thats all, cut certain areal of my wheel well and ziptied t further back not much to the metal side near the rear of the tire. the tires are 235/25/28. theres a just a tiny bit of ride quality lost but not much to where its that noticeable... the front suspension rides great.
no light crossover...yet, i will see how it looks without first. Im exited about this. thanks for all of your help, but i cant post any piks until i do it when i get home in january. im about to add up an approx. cost

#13 ·
dranksum: I can probably get you an appropriate Vin but need your model type (EXT, ESV, Regular) and color to get the most appropriate number.

Clearance with new fender wells remains the same, they are just longer in the front to reach the different corner braces of the Platinum model. My 305/45/24's just clear the back fender lip of the fascia but I had to cut back my corner braces 1/2" to clear the arc of my tires and tilt the windshield washer tank on the driver's side bottom to the front so that the wheel well could be heated and moved forward. I also had to modify the rear mounting of the fenders to clear the arc of the tires. If I had not lowered it I probably would not have had those problems even with my oversize tires. Your aspect ratio and width should allow it to work without any further issues if you have none with the original fender wells.

#14 ·
vin

the truck looks great lowered a little bit, i need to lower my rear end just a little. The 26's would have been a MUCH better choice with a lower. have you had any issues with turning and touching the washer rreservoir? I did.
you heated up your wheel wells... smart... i had to cut about the same amount off the braces too.and i actually had to trim the inner lip of the bumper that mounts the liner

2007 regular escalade, diamond white... i think its freakin awesome u can get a vin! just make sure its not stolen please they might turn me in lol

#18 ·
Cannot guarantee any of these, verify with parts department before using. If using a 2007/2008 as base I would use a 2009 VIN and try to match for ESV/non ESV. EXT's should use ESV Vin's, and ESV/EXT rear doors are the same. Color match if you can. Sorry it is the best I can do for colors. Never did find a Quicksilver one I could get a Vin from. The Center Console on EXT's is different for heating/cooling to the rear from all other Escalades so the EXT's ducting and rear panel must be used when swapping to Platinum console. The USB port in the later model/Platinum console's is part of the console's/Amp's wiring harness.

White/Cocoa/Lt Linen 2011 Cadillac Escalade Platinum Hybrid 1GYS3FEJ8BR259316
Black/Cocoa 2011 Cadillac Escalade AWD Platinum 1GYS4DEF9BR122916
Mocha_Steel_Met/Cocoa 2011 Cadillac Escalade AWD Platinum 1GYS4DEFXBR124996
Gold/Beige 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD Platinum 1GYUKKEF9AR214982
Infared/lt linen 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD Platinum 1GYUKKEF3AR150566
Black Ice/Cocoa/Lt Linen 2010 Cadillac Escalade 2WD Platinum 1GYUCDEF9AR218104
Black Ice/Cocoa/Lt Linen 2010 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum 1GYUCKEFXAR276453
TriWhite/Cocoa/Lt Linen 2010 Cadillac Escalade 2WD Platinum 1GYUCDEF7AR155665 / 1GYUCDEF7AR156508
Black/Cocoa 2009 Cadillac Escalade AWD Platinum 1GYFK33259R205190 / 1GYFC33259R157347
Black/Cocoa 2009 Cadillac Escalade ESV AWD Platinum 1GYFK36219R201391 / 1GYFK36229R140200
White/Cocoa 2009 Cadillac Escalade AWD Platinum 1GYFK33279R208155

#19 ·
im finally on my way out of afghanistan for good!!! is this the vin number i should use from the list above?
TriWhite/Cocoa/Lt Linen 2010 Cadillac Escalade 2WD Platinum 1GYUCDEF7AR155665 / 1GYUCDEF7AR156508

then i still need fender liners.. hood strip and upper radiator shroud correct?

well thanks a million... i just ordered my gmlockpick too!

#23 ·
Hello I am new to this site ad well I'm thinking about doing the platinum swap as well .... I was wonder if I can use my factory grille I have on now and will my fogs fit as well because I just put this all black oem grille on ... And I'm gonna run my same head lights. Could u tell me what all I need other then inner fenders ..

#24 ·
Grilles do not interchange. The platinum grille extends all the way to the crease line you see on the regular grill. The fogs will interchange, so basically you need both grilles, the front fascia, the corner braces, the rear Styrofoam support, the upper radiator cover/shroud, the fender liners, and the hood front chrome piece...Somewhere before I documented all this. If you get an assembly, you will get all of it except the upper radiator cover, fender liners and hood chrome piece.

#25 ·
I ordered everything on the front blowout including two braces I'm real sure I don't need. But with the vin
Provided on this link it was a breeze going and ordering it from the dealer. I didn't order the headlights either... They look badass but I like the brightness of the hid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.