2007-2009 Escalade Prices
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007-2009 Escalade Prices in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    INV
    INV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Unhappy 2007-2009 Escalade Prices

Has anyone else noticed how high the prices are on these used Escalades? Seem to be at least $5-10K higher than they were in the last few months of 2010 which was the last time I was looking. Are used prices just exceptionally high right now, especially on the Escalade's? I just started recently looking again and I've come across several Black 2008 AWD, Fully Loaded with 60-70K miles between $40-42K. I realize these trucks sell off the lot brand new much higher but I was shocked to see the prices that high with 60-70K miles. Granted, you can find them cheaper ($38-40K with less miles) but I'd like to avoid spending $40K or more if prices are expected to drop again back to low/mid $30's where they were in late 2010 –*You would imagine they would be even lower considering they have aged one more year.

Any thoughts? Should I hold off for a few months?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: 2007-2009 Escalade Prices

Yes they really jump around during the year, I watched one of my 2010's gain 8k in trade in price over a 5 month period,
    it's alwats a balancing act to get the best trade in price and lowest price on the model you want whichs keeps getting
    cheaper thru the year, and that has a lot to do with incentives offered by the manufacturers.

Mike06train is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I just picked up an 07'. I found the prices to be lower then that. I found my 07 w/ 68k for $30,000.00. They also had an 09' w/ 23k for $44,000.00. What really shocked me was that there was not much of a price jump between the LTZ, loaded SLT Yukon, The Denali & the Escalade in our area. Thats really the only reason I bought the Escalade. I paid $1200.00 less for my caddie (and it's really clean. Like new shape) then the black loaded LTZ Tahoe I was going to buy.

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

When gas is up, the price of the used trucks go down!

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

I got a fully loaded with everything but no sunroof 07 AWD with 76k for 27,500 in July.

INV
    INV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks for the input. I've also found that prices on the East Coast are lower than here on the West Coast. I found a loaded black on black 2007 Escalade. When I say loaded, it had everything! The dealership was asking $28K and it only had 58K miles. By the time I could get in touch with the dealership it was already sold. This was on the East Coast and I was prepared to pay for shipping to California. On average, the same year (07 or 08) with similar specs and mileage will run about $7-12K higher here in California. Gas prices (avg $3.80-4.00 here) don't seem to have any effect on the pre-owned Escalade market. I think it's worth waiting another month or two to see if prices come down again.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

INV,
    Have you checked out GM's 'Certified PreOwned' website? On that website you can search through certified used vehicles. You can search by make/model, cost, mileage, etc. You can search through vehicles in your local area, or expand your search. I hope that this may help you.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

Expect the prices to remain high for the next several months due to a low supply. I read an article in the Auto News that typically 2,000 full-size SUV's would come off lease in a month. The number for the next several months will be around 100 a month.

quattrotman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by INV View Post
    Thanks for the input. I've also found that prices on the East Coast are lower than here on the West Coast. I found a loaded black on black 2007 Escalade. When I say loaded, it had everything! The dealership was asking $28K and it only had 58K miles. By the time I could get in touch with the dealership it was already sold. This was on the East Coast and I was prepared to pay for shipping to California. On average, the same year (07 or 08) with similar specs and mileage will run about $7-12K higher here in California. Gas prices (avg $3.80-4.00 here) don't seem to have any effect on the pre-owned Escalade market. I think it's worth waiting another month or two to see if prices come down again.
    I was looking for a car in the US (Im in Canada) and I noticed that prices were higher too than 6-8 months ago. I ended up buying locally because price wise it wasn't worth the hassle of importing the car...usually there is a 20%+ gain in doing so (we really get screwed up here...new ext costs $92000! and our dollar is the same as yours). I think the difference in west coast vs east coast in values is rust. I'm not talking about major visual rust but east coast winters are harsh and the roads are salted heavily which wreaks havoc on cars. If you've ever worked on cars, ones form the east coast can be a nightmare. Rusted and seized bolts on cars that are even just a year old. I would never buy a car from anywhere but california, arizona, nevada etc...cars are always in better shape becasue of the better weather.

zam2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV, GL, S class

That's why I'm seeing in SoCal.

3 years ago, when gas price was high, and economy was bad, but not this bad, we bought our fully loaded 2007 ESV, CPO, with less than 40K mile, for $43K.

Last years, when I stopped by the dealer for service, I saw several similar car (model-year/mileage), listed for the same, or even higher price.

Now, I saw people paid $44-45K, or even more, for 2008 ESV CPO, with same mileage as the one we bought. For regular wheels base, price seem to get a bit more competitive here, but for ESV, it almost seem to defy gravity.

yonexsp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Not what a want to hear.

I'm looking for a Fully Loaded 08 here in Toronto, with under 65,000 miles, 7 seater for under $35,000

stater02 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, Luxury Trim

I was just in the market for a new truck and saw the same thing. 08s with low 40K mi for $40-$45K. 09s in the $45-$50 range. 10s around $55. Even the leftover 2011s are only going for a few thousand below MSRP. They just sit there on the lot unsold. It's like no one wants to play ball to move inventory.

I got lucky and found a private party selling a 2010 Lux with 21K on the spedo. They were looking for a quick sale so I wrote a check and got it for $46k. I even had given up on looking at Escalades but this was too good of deal to pass up. The KBB PPV on this truck is $55! I figure I'll drive it for a year or two and trade it in on something before the Gen4s come out. Hopefully the trade value will be around $40K by then.

luxurylife33 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT

People are buying used right now. They can afford new cars. So with the demand of used cars, prices go up.

I just bought a 07 with 98k miles for $22,750 with a 2 year bumper to bumper warranty

ErieEscalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

FWIW: I recently bought my 2008 Escalade (22" wheels, fully loaded) with 27k miles for $37,500 "out-the-door" + tax.

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I would sell my 10 lux black/black with 18,000 miles for 50k

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.