Wind whistle noise from front passenger side of vehicle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Wind whistle noise from front passenger side of vehicle in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have a new three week old, 2011 Escalade, Platinum. Finally got up to 65mph highways speeds and could hear ...
    decathlon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade Platinum

Wind whistle noise from front passenger side of vehicle

I have a new three week old, 2011 Escalade, Platinum. Finally got up to 65mph highways speeds and could hear a constant whistle from front of vehicle with windows rolled up and air conditioner turned on. As I increased speed to the 75mph posted highway speeds the noise got louder. Noise is not mechanical. Took to dealer who put padding behind the front right headlight. Did not help. May have gotten worse. At 62+ mph I get a whistle wind noise that gets louder as speed increases. If roll right window several inches or all the way down at 65+ mph the noise gets extremely pronounced. Is not heard on drivers front window when down. Cannot drive any distances with window down on right side at 62+ mph speeds due to high whistle wind noise. Even with all windows up the noise at ascribed speeds can be easily heard. Cannot travel more than 30 minutes at these speeds, as noise is very annoying. Do all escalades have this problem? Hard to believe GM would sell $84,000 vehicles with these problems designed into vehicle.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

Re: Wind whistle noise from front passenger side of vehicle

Do a search on this forum for wind noise. It's a common issue.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

I think i read somewhere about someone having an issue with the mirror whistling.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Decathlon,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Have you been back to the dealership to let them know their fix did not work? If you would like, I can set up a case for you and send it to Cadillac Customer Assistance for review. Please send me a message with your full contact information including your VIN and current mileage if you would like me to set up a case for you.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks for the feedback received. As recommended, I researched the forum for wind noise (mirror). Seems logical that the right mirror might be source of wind noise. I notified my dealer the first attempt to correct noise didn't work. I told them of my research and associated recommendations on this forum. Have not had opportunity yet to schedule appointment with dealer to fix as their service department is only open M-F during same hours I'm working. Hope to get in soon. Will keep you posted on source of wind noise and fix required.

Decathlon,

You’re welcome. I am happy to help. I look forward to your update.

Thank you,

2011 Cadillac Escalade platinum, 1,000 miles, just over one month since purchased new.
    Took into a dealer yesterday to try to fix a wind whistle noise at highway speeds for second time. First attempt added insulation behind the right front headlight. This time dealer added insulation behind the right outside mirror. Again did not work. Each time they stated that they had taken vehicle for a test drive and stated had fixed. I also asked if dealer could fix one of the cordless headsets that didn’t work to DVD on passenger headrest. Dealer replaced headset; however it didn't work or match model sold with vehicle.

I thought I bought a high quality GM vehicle - disappointed that after two attempts dealers have not been able to stop an annoying wind whistling noise (that gets louder as increase highway speeds) to a new vehicle that costs $84,000. Unclear if this is a design issue or simply poor quality during vehicle integration & checkout.

This is a lessons learned to future Cadillac buyers – test drive new vehicles at highway speeds as well as city roads and do not let sales personnel talk constantly and keep radio turned on during the test drive. In addition, do not sign documents noting successful completion of warranty work until have tested with the dealer representative present to verify noted problems have been fixed. I will not make these mistakes again!

desidon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade
    I have the same issue but on the drivers side. Been with the dealer 3 times no luck. My local dealer pretty much said that they cannot fix it any further. Took it to another dealer 100 miles away and still no joy. When I pick up from a dealer there is no easy way to test as I need to find a highway where I can do 70 mph.

I have researched all tsb's from the previous thread and given it to the dealer. They have tried insulation behind the mirrors etc but no luck.
    I like my slade but this issue is really buggin the hell outta me!!

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

it is not a mirror noise. there is a tsb for that noise in the stickies read it.

LakeGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade Luxury

I have the same issue in my '09. Haven't had it repaired yet. I suspect it is a slightly misaligned door. I've seen other forum posts pointing to that as a cause as well. Mine is worse with a crosswind which would seem to indicate it has something to do with the door instead of the mirror.

DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I just purchased a 2011 Escalade 2 weeks ago an this past weekend took her for a long drive from Long Island to Stroudsberg Pa. I drove mostly high speed ( 65mph ) and never heard a whistle noise. I have a trained ear for these things and am pleased to report she is as quite as can be. Did you take a look at your top rail cross bars ( on the roof ) ? Sometimes, if the front cross bar is too far foward you may get wind noise. I had a Buick Enclave and installed the cross bars afterwards ( they did not come standard ) and did notice that when I had the front cross bar in the wrong position I would hear lots of wind noise. Worth taking a look.

Did you install any other aftermarket items, window wind deflectors for or even mudflaps ???

I have not installed any external aftermarket accessories. New car is stock from factory / dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    it is not a mirror noise. there is a tsb for that noise in the stickies read it.
    New to forum. What does tsb mean? Please provide more info how to get to sticky or paste in a reply back. Thanks in advance!

decathlon,

TSB means Technical Service Bulletin. It provides technicians required new service information. It provides a correction to a specific product problem and usually contains repair procedures, information on part numbers and availability, and warranty labor code information. I believe the ‘stickies’ are on the front page of the forum. Please correct me if I am wrong forum users.

Thank you,

Third time is the charm.
    Took new Cadillac Escalade Platinum in to the dealer for third time to fix annoying wind whistling noise heard at highway speeds (62mph +). Dealer stated that they added additional padding behind the front right headlight to stop air from passing through at highway speeds. Upon driving home from dealer at highway speeds, the whistling noise is gone. Hopefully this will be a permanent fix. Dealer also replaced inop headset with a matching new headset. Time to enjoy my new vehicle.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.