07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; My escalade has 55k on it. 1st gear nice and smooth. 2nd to 3rd feels like it shifts way too ...
    xdavid1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help

My escalade has 55k on it. 1st gear nice and smooth. 2nd to 3rd feels like it shifts way too fast out of it? Just had tranny flushed and it still does it. Does anyone else have problems with there tranny that they had fixed or no what to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Re: 07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help

My 2-3 shift was awful when I first got my '08 last month. Especially if I accelerated to about 15-20 like into a parking lot. I had the transmission updated at the dealership under the powertrain warranty. All shifts are much smoother now, but the 2-3 shift still feels "un-cadillac-like" at times. I haven't done anything with the fluid, but that's my next move.

How many miles are on yours?

95k.

sent from my Droid Incredible

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

There are a few TSBs on the trans . Something about o-rings,reprogramming etc.. My dealer performed the repairs and it smoothed out the 2nd to 3rd flare my truck had . The truck would shift hard,slip or get sloppy between shifts . It now shifts without me noticing any drama. I have to tell Ya' if it wasn't for these forums I would still be driving it that way,it wasn't undriveable,it just wasn't smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Windy Ext View Post
    There are a few TSBs on the trans . Something about o-rings,reprogramming etc.. My dealer performed the repairs and it smoothed out the 2nd to 3rd flare my truck had . The truck would shift hard,slip or get sloppy between shifts . It now shifts without me noticing any drama. I have to tell Ya' if it wasn't for these forums I would still be driving it that way,it wasn't undriveable,it just wasn't smooth.
    How long were you tied up in the shop chasing this down? I've already had the TCM reprogrammed, they did the ECM too so it could accept the new TCM program.

My truck usually goes in for a minimum of three days , they work off of a laundry list of new and previous problems so how long it takes I couldn't tell you . The biggest improvement was the o-ring TSB for the trans . They do the easy fixes first before doing the o-rings , reprogramming updates etc. . So it took 3 visits and service dept. taking the vehicle home to have it happen for them because it was so intermittent and seemed ok . When it was done you could tell it was working properly right away , seamless shifting ,less hunting or being in wrong gear at the wrong time,flaring and hitting gears a little hard .

Quote Originally Posted by Big Windy Ext View Post
    When it was done you could tell it was working properly right away , seamless shifting ,less hunting or being in wrong gear at the wrong time,flaring and hitting gears a little hard .
    Sounds like my symptoms.

SOOO.... Is this covered by the warrenty? I'm only at 55k.... Or will i have to go make a big stink and scene to get this resolved?

I stopped by the dealer today to get a key cut and ran into the service guy. Asked him if he knew of any other tsbs out on the transmission (I already knew the answer). Told him I was still having some gears clunking hard especially at low speed or if I push the pedal and immediately let off and also the 2-3 shift was not as smooth. He looked it up and came back with the leaky rings. I've got it going in the shop in a couple weeks. He said it was covered as long as I was under 100k. I already had the reprogramming done at no charge.

I hope it does the trick for you , it certainly smoothed out the quirks in mine,the price is right too . Keep us posted I'm sure other people are having this same issue.

Thanks for the help... looks like its time to schedule an appointment.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm glad to see everyone getting covered for this fix. I hope your dealership is able to resolve and repair your vehicle for you xdavid1999. If you get any other issues or have any other questions feel free to contact me.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

DDUBB is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

I have this same exact issue. Mostly when i rev it up high, let off the accelerator and then hit the accelerator a couple of seconds later. There is a loud clunk sound coming from the front. I can even feel this in the pedal. I took it to the dealer and was told that they reprogrammed the tranny. Still have the same issue to this day. Not sure what to do.

Take it back . My trans wasn't fixed until the third visit . Mention the TSB,that helped in my situation . They will try the simplest approach first,which makes sense,except if it doesn't work they should keep it till they get it right instead of making you bring it back repeatedly .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.