07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by DDUBB I have this same exact issue. Mostly when i rev it up high, let off the ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: 07 escalade shifts too fast? Any help

Quote Originally Posted by DDUBB View Post
    I have this same exact issue. Mostly when i rev it up high, let off the accelerator and then hit the accelerator a couple of seconds later. There is a loud clunk sound coming from the front. I can even feel this in the pedal. I took it to the dealer and was told that they reprogrammed the tranny. Still have the same issue to this day. Not sure what to do.
    I would agree with Big Windy Ext to a point. I would take it back into the dealer but I would also get into contact with our Customer Assistance Center to see what we can do to assist the process. Also, I would suggest asking the dealership to get in contact with our Technical Assistance Center as well. The Technical Assistance Center helps our dealers when they are unable to diagnose a vehicle issue and assist in repair procedures as well if the need arises. I hope this helps you. If you would like I can setup a case for you with our Customer Assistance Center with just your name, address and phone number. I hope this helps.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

paul111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Have the same issue. It seems to happen when I slow down to about 10 mph and then hit the gas. There is a big jolt, almost like the tranny has downshifted into to low of a gear for the speed the car is at...it then shifts up quiclky creating the jolt. It has been ongoing since i bought the vehicle and the dealer keeps saying it is normal.
    Is there a specific TSB number to refer to so i can let the dealer know?

Paul111,

Unfortunately, I do not have access to TSB information. However, I would advise you to speak with your dealership to confirm if they are aware of a TSB that refers to the issue you are experiencing.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

paul111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Thanks for the response Elizabeth.
    Found the TSB after doing some browsing
    The TSB is
    #09-07-30-004B: Flare and/or Harsh 2-3 Shifts (Install Three Fluid Seal Rings) - (May 27, 2010)

Paul111,

I am glad to hear that you found the resolution. Did you get your issue fixed?
    Thank you

xdavid1999 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Went to dealership... Drove the tech around.... He said he could tell it wasn't shifting right.... 3 Hours later I get a call saying nothing is wrong with it... Everything is within spec... And got charge a 69.00 visit... Thanks Larson Cadillac of Fife Wa... At least its documented now, I still got till march of 2012 in case.

sdizzyday is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT White Diamond

Took me 3 visits. My dealer re-programmed - no change. Then replaced o-rings - no change. Another re-programming - fixed the 2-3 shifting issue. I am a happy camper!
    Scott

I STILL AM HAVING NO LUCK WITH ANYONE???? Unfortintlly I have not heard back from the customer service lady as she was suposed to call me back last wednesday.... I was asked if I wanted to open aclaim by someone on here and I agreed... They called the dealership and no one will call them back... The claim was pushed to someone higher in customer service that tryed calling the dealership and apparently there not getting called back... I was told that i would hear back from her last wednesday.... No phone call yet almost a week later.... This is the first Cadillac that I have owned. I've owned other GM vehicles and never and any issues. You would think buying this type of luxury that you wouldn't get the run around. The old saying you get what you pay for stops here...

xdavid1999,
    I just took a peek at your case. I sent out a notification to your Agent to contact you ASAP. I told them you are looking for information and that you really want to know what is going on. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I can understand how frustrating this can be.

Thank you,

Thanks Elizabeth I did end up getting a call shortly after I posted this. She is gonna call me back on thursday now. Thanks for the quick response for help.

funkycold69 is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): 2008 escalade

I'm having the same issue and my dealer wont touch it cause there isnt any check engine lights or codes up. They say this shifting is normal. Did u guys have any codes when this problem was accuring ? Thanks in advance , Mark

I didn't have any codes. The tech plugged in his computer as i drove and he said all the shifts were in spec.... Bullshit! Its a cadillac and like the old saying it rides like a cadillac is wrong! It rides like a 68 dodge... I'm still having the same issues. Going to take it to a differant dealer. I really hope something goes wrong and causes damage to something so i can sue gm. These guys don't have a clue when it comes to customer service. If i can feel it shift like a manual tranny then theres something wrong. I bet if i went to a tranny shop they would agree.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Sue GM??? Good one!!! I would encourage you to seek a second opinion.

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

The seals/rings fixed mine. Mine was at the dealer for almost 2 weeks. the 2-3 shift was horrible. I told them it was giving a hard shift from 2nd to 3rd. I had a oil pan gasket replaced too under power train. Since it took almost 2 weeks, im not sure weather they tried reprogramming first, then did the seals or what, but the end result was completely smooth shifting. My dealer usually takes care of issues on the first visit 97% of the time, and i try to give them as much info as possible, TSBs, describing the issue. Only time i have a shift issue is sometimes slowing down for a red light and almost coming to a complete stop and the light turns green and getting back on the gas can sometimes give a slight un-smooth 1.

I have given up on Cadillac for now. That escalade is no longer my problem. Pretty sad after less than a year of owning it of the shotty customer service I recieved the whole time. Apparently this is a constant problem people have. Gm is washing there hands of it. I understand there is a spec to follow otherwise you could be fixing everything for no reason? But when you drive two identical escalades and one shifts worse than the other... than theres a problem. Good luck to everyone else who gets no love from Gm.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.