Does lift kit on AWD Escalade EXT vibrate? Whats a good lift kit.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jimwalston
  • 2 Post By xxe92xx
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Does lift kit on AWD Escalade EXT vibrate? Whats a good lift kit. in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hi, I just picked up a 2007 Escalade EXT AWD and i'm looking for a lift kit. I've been on ...
    iMotion is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Does lift kit on AWD Escalade EXT vibrate? Whats a good lift kit.

Hi, I just picked up a 2007 Escalade EXT AWD and i'm looking for a lift kit.
    I've been on this forum non-stop searching for info before i decided to do the lift. Today i called 4wheelparts.com here in Houston and they told me that if i do the 4" lift kit i would get bad vibration because I'm AWD. I asked them if i can do a 2" spacer lift kit instead and they told me that i would still have the same problem.

Can someone on here give me some info on lifted AWD EXTs, what kit to use, and how it effected the handling and ride comfort?

My goal is to do a 4" lift, XD Series XD795 HOSS 22X9.5 with 0 Offset, Nitto Trail Grappler 285/55/22, and stay under 7 feet tall so i can still get into the parking garage at work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

xxe92xx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 Premium EXT

Re: Does lift kit on AWD Escalade EXT vibrate? Whats a good lift kit.

you purchased the wrong truck my friend......

jimwalston is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

I did the spacer lift on the front and rear 3 and 1 1/2". No vibration. You'll may need a positive offset wheel and no more than a 33" tire.

To do a true suspension lift like a 4" or 6" you need to get a new front driveshaft to eliminate vibration. Call Davis Offroad in Richmond, VA because they have done a lift on an EXT.
    iMotion and iMotion like this.

iMotion is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Thanks for the info... i decided to keep it safe and do a 3.5" lift. it just sucks that 2 out of 3 shops that i went to here in Houston didn't want to do it for me.

I tried to Squeeze on some 34.5" tires because i was desperate to get the Nitto Trail Grappler but that didn't work so i'm going to get a smaller tire. It just sucks that i can't get that aggressive side wall with a 285/50/22. The only tire i found that is kind of aggressive is the Nitto Terra Grappler so hopefully i get that on today.

Here's the lift on Stock wheels

The wheels and tires that didn't fit.

Random pic of the lifted truck with my Rhino

jimwalston is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Looks good. Post some pics after you put the wheels/tires on it and let me know, iif you had to trim any. I"m trying to fit 305/55/20 on my ESV but with an +18mm offset. May have to trim a little and move my running board back a little.

xxe92xx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '10 Premium EXT

damn that looks bad.....why the hell would you lift an escalade? whynot put 30'' wheels on it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.