Nav radio reboots, airbag light blinks and stabilitrak message while driving - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Nav radio reboots, airbag light blinks and stabilitrak message while driving in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey guys I had the exact same issue in my 07. I took it to the dealer ( Cadillac of ...
    bignate3rd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade AWD

Re: Nav radio reboots, airbag light blinks and stabilitrak message while driving

Hey guys I had the exact same issue in my 07. I took it to the dealer ( Cadillac of Metairie on Lime) no problem found. He stated he'd tightened all of the grounds on the truck. I left the dealer and drove to Atlanta where I'm living now and the problem reared it's ugly head again. So I pulled over to a gas station and shut the truck off only to have it go completely dead. I wiggled the cable that is connected to the negative battery terminal and power was restored. I also noticed some exposed wire where the cable was plugged into the negative battery terminal.

So I decided to cut off the old negative battery terminal, restrip the two wires (one large gauge and one smaller gauged wire), and install a new negative battery terminal. It has been over 3 weeks and I have not had any other issues with the truck since replacing the negative terminal. I'm not sure if this would fix anyone elses, but it's worth taking a look at.

I'll keep you guys posted...

hdmech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade , 87 GN

Re: Nav radio reboots, airbag light blinks and stabilitrak message while driving

Mountaincaddy my 07 does the exact same thing as you described in your post, any luck resolving it ?

mountaincaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade ESV

I think so.
    I brought the ESV back in a few weeks ago after it would not turn over - completely dead, but after 10 min it would start right up.

The dealer finally did some research on this and they pinpointed the problem to the battery cables. As this problem was manifesting in other Tahoes/Suburbans as well.
    They did not change the cables, what they did was drill a hole on the + terminal block(where the two red cables merge/are crimped) and filled it up with solder/weld - to eliminate any loose connections which would result in a drop in voltage to the electrical system. If the electrical system doesn't have sufficient voltage, you'll see all kinds of weird things happening.
    I don't think they did anything to the - cable as it looked untouched. I also had them replace the mega fuse on the firewall.

So far, after 2+ weeks, I haven't had a problem, however this was an intermittent issue, so it may come back. But I really do believe the cables are the problem.

mountaincaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade ESV

Actually it was the battery cable terminals not properly crimping the cables and securing them. In my case it was the + terminal, in others it was the - terminal.

hdmech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade , 87 GN

Thanks for your response. I will look closely at mine

99ssconv is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): fix them every day

a 2 minute test with a good volt meter and performing a voltage drop across the negative and positive battery cables. Remove both fuel injector
    fuses, one end of the meter goes on the battery negative cable, the other lead goes to the end of the negative cable where it mounts to the
    engine block. Crank the engine over and anything more than 200mv is out of spec. Replace the cable, Do the same test on the positive battery
    cable going from the positive post and the other lead at the underhood fuse block, there are 2 studs at the front, Attach the other lead to one
    of the studs and crank the engine. 200mv or less is a good cable.

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

Quote Originally Posted by 99ssconv View Post
    a 2 minute test with a good volt meter and performing a voltage drop across the negative and positive battery cables. Remove both fuel injector
    fuses, one end of the meter goes on the battery negative cable, the other lead goes to the end of the negative cable where it mounts to the
    engine block. Crank the engine over and anything more than 200mv is out of spec. Replace the cable, Do the same test on the positive battery
    cable going from the positive post and the other lead at the underhood fuse block, there are 2 studs at the front, Attach the other lead to one
    of the studs and crank the engine. 200mv or less is a good cable.
    Which are the injector fuses? I'm having similar issues and just right now when I shut off my ESV the power went completely out. No dome lights, chime, etc. About 5mins passed and just happened to click the unlock button the key fob and it unlocked. Now I got 12+ back again....

gabe8496 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV, 94 Mustang GT

I removed the cables for about 15mins, cleaned up the terminal posts and the terminals on the cables and reconnected everything ensuring a good tight connection. So far everything is working great. Will post some updates in a few days.

duranguense is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT
    I have a 2008 EXT and I am having this same issue like described in the first post. After reading through every post was just wondering if the issue is best related to the cables. Any follow ups from previous post that could help me before I start first with the cables/terminals.

duranguense is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade EXT
    Update: I had a bad ground cable connection from the cable to the battery terminal (not tight enough) causing voltage loss. Got that adjusted and been driving it a couple days now and no problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.