Wind noise do it yourself fix!!!!! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Wind noise do it yourself fix!!!!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Also to the ones who did it and were going to se if it worked....did it??...
    DTEK01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Re: Wind noise do it yourself fix!!!!!

Also to the ones who did it and were going to se if it worked....did it??

McGowansix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Thanks for posting pictures and a hopefully a good solution. I have an 07 ESV and I've experienced this, too.

McGowansix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Thanks for the photo link...

apathy96 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Yea didn't help mine at all. I would also like to see some clearer pictures. I am not quite sure I put the urethane in the correct spot.

TooSteele is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac EXT

What do you mean by glueing all four windows.....DOes the windows still retract? and what have you glued them with?

raiders4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V Silver/ 2007 Escalade Silver/ 94 Corvette vert

Quote Originally Posted by balladw View Post
    Okay, I found the source of the main leak for most escalades, and ext's. I have a buddy that did it to his, a week after he picked it up in 07, and his is a early build. If your noise is coming from the window/ mirror area on your truck, I have a solution. Go to your local glass shop and pickup some black window urethane.... And I will take pics tomorrow. I did a small test before the actually glueing with stuffing foam in, and it completely solved my problem. I am going to be glueing it tomorrow for a permanent fix.
    This really works! Just got a 2007 and both sides sounded like a wind tunnel. Glued where the foam was coming out and no more wind noise at all. I took soom extra foam and stuffed it in there and then glued all around the seem and let it dry overnight. Great fix!!!!!!!

Ghost Deany is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade, 2005 CTS

How does that trim come off of there? The black plastic strip

hofstetter30 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Just finished mine! Now all I need is that "click" remote so I can test it already!!!!

cabo_35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade

Op, I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to tell you that I appreciate you sharing this information. I just bought an 07 Escalade so I could garage the CTS-V for the winter and the wind noise was driving me insane. Could easily see the air flow path when doing this fix. Thanks again.

Mikes07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So the area that is glued is under the rubber seal?

cabo_35 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V, 2007 Escalade

I ran the bead of glue in the 'gap' that exists where the outside trim is connected to the door. It is about a 1/4 wide and has small holes along the edge to accept the tabs protruding off the outside trim piece.

It turns out that my passenger rear window still sounds awful. But it worked great on the front passenger window. Back to the drawing board.

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

Tried this over the weekend with black sealant and filled the gap's near the mirror area's in the door with this stuff. It looks like the foam insert that was there was starting to come out so I pushed it back in and then put the sealant over it all the way up the door about 18"s. The window noise is now completely gone, this saved me probably hours back and forth to the dealer and who knows how much money.

asudevilboy80 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by blackex View Post
    Tried this over the weekend with black sealant and filled the gap's near the mirror area's in the door with this stuff. It looks like the foam insert that was there was starting to come out so I pushed it back in and then put the sealant over it all the way up the door about 18"s. The window noise is now completely gone, this saved me probably hours back and forth to the dealer and who knows how much money.

I'm looking to do this tonight actually...questions...I have the white interior, should I find a white sealant or will all the sealant be completely covered? What kind of sealant did you use? Did you do both the front and the back windows?

blackex is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade Base

I just used this black gasket maker sealant that I found since I couldn't find anything else. I don't really think it matter since the black window trim on the inside covers up the area when your done. I just did the front windows since thats the only area the wind noise was coming from when driving. Really didn't take long at all, the longest part was waiting for it to dry before putting the plastic back on.

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Can someone provide better pics by chance? Need to make sure I go about this correct! Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.