Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Was this post helpful?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Thank you.

24 100.00%
  • No! I hope your GPS causes you to hit a light pole and knock out your two front teeth.

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; The toughest part is finding a dealership that's has an experienced tech and is willing to help! When you take ...
    Andyou75 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS Coupe; 2010 Platinum Escalade ESV
    The toughest part is finding a dealership that's has an experienced tech and is willing to help! When you take out your dash there should be a plug for each port in the back of the nav unit. If you're missing one than your vehicle is set up for on star turn by turn navigation. Thus you do not have the harness for the Supernav with back up camera. Back up camera harness can be purchased o. eBay for $250ish. You can cross reference your vin to check with customer service (Cadillac).

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 Cadillac DTS, 2007 Escalade ESV
    If you are in tri state, I could try to help you program the radio.

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions

Atyson was this a new nav unit or used and did you have to get it flash at the dealership

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions

ATyson hasn't logged in to the site in about 6 months ... so don't be surprised if you don't get a response
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jaredav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Are you still willing to help? I have a 2008 escalade and got a 2011 navigation that needs to be programmed. I am in northern nj, by Morristown.

Thanks!

i'm always willing to help, but unless you can make the trip down I-95 to NC we can't really help you out
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

jaredav is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    i'm always willing to help, but unless you can make the trip down I-95 to NC we can't really help you out

I guess not something that can be done remotely...

Physical access is pretty much mandatory.

Try calling around and trying to suss out the dealers/ shops that are willing to help you out with this kind of predicament.

Also there's a bevy of info on this site already if you can search for it (which can be a bit tough if you're not up to snuff on your google-fu)

LowNslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Anyone know why my 07 with 2012 upgrade does NOT store my display settings? I also tried today to switch it to 24hr clock & after I got back in it was back to regular 12hr?

The 07 unit stored everything by driver 1 & 2...tried this on the 2012 & nadda!? Any ideas??

what do you mean exactly... you say your 07 with 2012 upgrade

does that mean you have a 2007 with a 2012 radio in it?

LowNslow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Thats correct. I put a 2012 SuperNav unit in my 2007.

I change my display brightness to lower it(too bright at night) & prefer 24hr time clock, but I change them. Set driver settings on the door & once I park/restart back to "default" settings(brightness bar in the middle & 12hr time clock)

i would assume that the radio is not fully programmed (or not correctly programmed)
    or that these are just the quirks that you will have to deal with when doing this 'upgrade'

zach2011 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior

These radios do not store preferences between driver 1 and 2 using the buttons on the door panel. For reference, Cadillac's manual quotes:

The controls on the driver door are used to program and recall memory settings for the driver seat, outside mirrors, power steering column, and the adjustable throttle and brake pedals.
    Mine saves my settings, but I have a 2010 Escalade not a 2007. It does not have 2 different modes based on a Driver 1 and Driver 2 setup. These radios simply saves the settings and favorites for one driver.

One question is does it also change your audio configurations back to default? Such as the bass, treble, mid, sound location, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.