Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Was this post helpful?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! Thank you.

24 96.00%
  • No! I hope your GPS causes you to hit a light pole and knock out your two front teeth.

1 4.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    biglg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions

Hello everyone. I need some help ASAP.

It appears that my dealership doesn’t how to program a 2011 Nav Unit in my 2008 Escalade. The nav unit is GM part 20955278. I have heard and seen this done to others on the internet. There is an ebay seller that advertises them and clears the VIN out to work in 2007 and 2008. They say they no longer use the Tech 2 and now the PC or something. They said if it were done by tech 2 they would be able to do it or trick it with a VIN. They said that when they start to program it they have to choose the year vehicle, etc, etc. They said they called GM and GM told them they can’t help them out and it won’t work in my 2008 Escalade. They wouldn’t give them the VCI or whatever was needed. Can someone tell me what and how to tell me how to get my dealer to be able to program the 2011 Map Drive Navigation Unit to my neighbors 2008 Escalade. My vehicle is there now and i would like to try and get them some information so they can complete it today

Thanks in advance.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Cadillac Escalade 2007-2011 factory SuperNav/GPS/Navigation Install Instructions

Is the vehicle still at the dealership? Has the dealer found out any new information? If you want to send me your Vin number I can see if I can find out any more information for you.
    Breanne
    Cadillac Customer Service

biglg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Thanks for the response. It isnt at the dealer any longer however they never were able to get it programmed. They told me that they were going to look into it and see if they could find out what they needed to do. I have PM'd you my VIN. Thanks again and any help would be great.

prosseda is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT 2009 Platinum ESV

I googled one of the sellers on Ebay and called them. I think the guy I talked to was Tom. He said he can program the unit for $100. You would have to ship it to the company.

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

I know it is possible because I have a 2011 Supernav and AMP from an ESV in my 2007 EXT. It uses the solid state memory card for Nav which is much quicker, sucks less power and produces less heat...it doesn't even have a cooling fan. It took two trips to the dealer to get it programmed but they were finally successful. I had a VIN for a 2011 EXT model for them to use and it was done on a computer....they had to try several profiles and overrides before it was fully functional. The amp required programming as well because of the differences between ESV/EXT speakers/wiring/rear entertainment. Happy with mine....an after effect was the ONSTAR red light I had after changing to the newer bluetooth VCIM changed to green. I checked the emergency Onstar and it works but am reluctant to mess with the regular Onstar and get that red light back. I am using a 2009 CTS VCIM.

hdmech is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade , 87 GN

This is probably not going to help those who are trying to do a nav swap. Hopefully we can find helpful dealerships. http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2...striction.html

Aerohokie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

I started a similiar thread, what needs to be done to get the 2011 system in? Sounds like it all plugs up, but there may be difficulties programming it? Do I need to bring it to the dealer out of the car or installed? Am I less prone to a problem if I get a supernav out an ESV to go into an ESV? Whatever issues may be, I'd like to know before I start ripping things out. If it's too much of a pain, I'll have specmo fix my radio.

-Dave

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

Gm has a bulletin out similar to the bluetooth one. They dont want the new Nav installed in older models. Why cockblock a simple mod.The radios are GM so it doesn't cut into their bottom line and the dealer makes a buck programming. I am not trading my truck for a new vcim or Nav system,maybe if they bucked up and refreshed the truck every couple years they might get better sales. You cant really tell an 07 from an11 maybe the dual exhaust on an 12 will help but not a Nav system.

krieghoff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESV

What makes you think they want to sell more units???

If they sold a VCIM with Bluetooth that could go in older units that didn't have them they could a lot of money selling them and installing them.

But why would they want to to make money?

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

IMHO, Potential profit does not overcome potential liability from "Onstar Accident/vehicle status Reporting" feature not operating as designed because of mismatched software/hardware.....Some one would probably sue them if the mismatched equipment/software did not report an accident or a vehicle condition that resulted in serious injury or damage to the vehicle. I personally would be glad to sign a waiver acknowledging that those conditions could happen and I would find GM not responsible, but the problem resurfaces when (if) I sell the vehicle and the new owner or several down the line is unaware of the modifications. Just look at the final "FIX" for the heated windshield fluid which is a much less complex technical issue.

CaMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by prosseda View Post
    I googled one of the sellers on Ebay and called them. I think the guy I talked to was Tom. He said he can program the unit for $100. You would have to ship it to the company.
    Can you send me this company info?

Lady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

PLEASE HELP ))
    Hi I have a 2007 escalade and i have the non-nav radio. I purchase a navigation radio off eBay I had it
    install and it said theftlock activation. I took it to the dealer and they are trying to charge me 3000 to
    change out my harness.... They told me thats the only way it will work is to have a GMC navigation
    harness..will this work for me also if I purchase a gps/nav antenna?

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Never heard of changing out the harness. I've done a couple at work and had no issues. You will need the GPS antenna for the nav to work. The backup camera is another story.

Lady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 escalade

So once I buy the antenna it will work
    Quote Originally Posted by cadmanchris View Post
    Never heard of changing out the harness. I've done a couple at work and had no issues. You will need the GPS antenna for the nav to work. The backup camera is another story.

----------

So once I buy the antenna it will work?

----------

Do I have to have it program?

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Yes the radio would have to be programmed to remove the theft lock. Once you have the GPS antenna, the nav will work.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.