Reduced Engine Power? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Reduced Engine Power? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; hi ext2008, did you find out how much to repair the problem? I had the same issue today with reduce ...
    icaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Reduced Engine Power?

hi ext2008, did you find out how much to repair the problem? I had the same issue today with reduce engine power on, T&C light on... I was close to the dealer so I had the truck towed to dealer directly. They said they will check it for me on Monday. While I was waiting for AAA, I googled this thread, and I really hope it's not the problom of engine, transimissin, differential as I just changed rear differential fluid...

I am praying now...

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Just to let you guys know,there is a special policy for the throttle position sensor replacement on 08-10 trucks. It's good for 10 years and 120,000 miles.

And yes, we have done many of these at our place. It gets a new throttle position sensor and the ECM reflashed.

icaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cadmanchris View Post
    Just to let you guys know,there is a special policy for the throttle position sensor replacement on 08-10 trucks. It's good for 10 years and 120,000 miles.

And yes, we have done many of these at our place. It gets a new throttle position sensor and the ECM reflashed.
    That's bad, my truck is 05.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Icaddy, I'm really sorry to hear about your frustration over the weekend! Please let us know the outcome of your dealer appointment today, and I'm just an email away at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like further assistance at any point in the process.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

48Dodge is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by cadmanchris View Post

Just got my letter the other day. Not sure why this isn't a recall. What's the price if mine craps out after the 120k?

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8
    Not sure of the cost. Every one that I've done was warranty.

Brandon03CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Did you ever find a fix for this? What began for me as the intermittent "Engine Power Reduced" message and having the TB wiring harness replaced, has turned into an electrical nightmare. Now I have the "service theft system" message come up, the car locks me in, a/c shuts off, radio shuts off, and windows and power locks are inoperable. I've seen a lot of people on here replace the ECM and reprogram but it hasn't work every time. My plan this weekend is to check for loose conenctiong or bad grounds anywhere I can in hopes that one of those small (and cheap) things is the culprit.

Was the car in an accident before this happened by any chance?

ZR1-638HP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade EXT, 2011 ZR1 , 2006 Z06, 2002 Avalanche

I had the same issue happen to me yesterday. Was on the highway and felt a jerk in the truck and loss of
    power. Was able to limp to work. Limped the truck to the dealership and they cleaned the throttle body, and
    changed a powertrain relay. I picked it up, was good for a while then on the way home it acted up again. The same as before, no power, sputters, was barely able to limp it home, it shutdown a number of times on the
    way and I was barely able to go upgrade into my driveway. I left it till this morning, tried to start to go to
    work and the same thing, sputtering, no power, lights on the dash including engine light.

Has anyone been able to find the problem, as it seems it is common. I have 87,260 Kms on it. I would like to be able to get it back to the dealership and give them an accurate list a most common fixes. Don't want to
    keep having to bring it back and changing parts that are not necessary, and don't want to get stuck on the
    side of the road in the snow.

Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.