Replace 2007 Navigation with a 2011 Navigation unit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Replace 2007 Navigation with a 2011 Navigation unit in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I bought a 2011 Navagation form a totaled 2011 Escalade, and hoping to install in my 2007 Escalade. Has any ...
    toddament is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Ecalade AWD

Replace 2007 Navigation with a 2011 Navigation unit

I bought a 2011 Navagation form a totaled 2011 Escalade, and hoping to install in my 2007 Escalade. Has any one done this? is it possible?

I'd like the blue tooth and newer non dvd nav, and the ipod input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

biglg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Re: Replace 2007 Navigation with a 2011 Navigation unit

I have the same question. Bought a 2011 for the USB and dealership says they cant program it? It is a smaller dealership so I dont know if they are unfamiliar with the process or if it cant be done. I dont know how or why it wouldnt be able to be installed as it appears to be the same plugs/connectors. I know bluetooth wont work but the radio functions should.

2007slade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Is the navigation interface any diffrient in the 2011/2012 unit vs the older models? Where does their pull the nag info from?

PreachRR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

Bluetooth has nothing to do with the radio.. it is the VCIM.. have you installed the radio yet.. have you just plugged it in and saw what happened?

Hawk-TDZ is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2007 Excalade EXT

I was under the understanding it just had to be unlocked by a tech II , I would like to know forsure as I been wanting to do this in my 07

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

From my posting on another thread:

I know it is possible because I have a 2011 Supernav and AMP from an ESV in my 2007 EXT. It uses the solid state memory card for Nav which is much quicker, sucks less power and produces less heat...it doesn't even have a cooling fan. It took two trips to the dealer to get it programmed but they were finally successful. I had a VIN for a 2011 EXT model for them to use and it was done on a computer....they had to try several profiles and overrides before it was fully functional. The amp required programming as well because of the differences between ESV/EXT speakers/wiring/rear entertainment. Happy with mine....an after effect was the ONSTAR red light I had after changing to the newer bluetooth VCIM changed to green. I checked the emergency Onstar and it works but am reluctant to mess with the regular Onstar and get that red light back. I am using a 2009 CTS VCIM.

Added: You MUST have the appropriate RPC codes for your Modified setup (actually installed) for them to come up with the proper profile..If they read off your code in the glovebox and you changed things like adding rear view camera it will be much more time consuming to find the right profile.

I used a a regular usb extender cord to get the USB into the center console....it works great

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.