platinum series front headlights fit on a normal escalade(2009) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, platinum series front headlights fit on a normal escalade(2009) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm curious too on the Mag ride. Got my first front shock today...lol....
    cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8

Re: platinum series front headlights fit on a normal escalade(2009)

I'm curious too on the Mag ride. Got my first front shock today...lol.

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

Both the Platinum LED headlights and magnetic ride shocks/Auxilliary BCM installed. Both had wiring issues and ALC compressor exhaust valve was bad on the 2007 which required replacement of compressor. As far as I can tell all is well but I have so many other issues running right now that I have not had time to find a dealer that can confirm proper operation....In seat of pants analysis--Ride and Handling on the MR equipped 2007 with 305/45 24's is better than my stock 2008 with 22's...i.e. softer yet more lean control and greater speed in corners but I have not changed out to the 2009 BCM yet because I fear it will disable the vehicle until reprogrammed by dealer. The 2007 is twitchier (not excessively) to steering input but tires/wheels/alignment may be in play there. I also took the Hotchkiss front and rear sway bar kit off the 2008 and put it on the 2007 which does effect the steering/handling and installed a GF spindle/spring 3" drop kit on the 2007 at the same time. So exact comparison is not possible. I NEED to find a knowledgeable and willing dealer to help with the major emphasis on WILLING who can view (and understand) the waveforms provided to the MR shocks to totally confirm proper operation. But, as long as I have nothing loose in the bed I would follow a Vette through any corner with confidence. Just installed CB/Passport 9500ci/GMX-322/Bluetooth VCIM/Front camera/WestCoastCustom 17"rear Overhead and control unit for underbody lights last week and am still sorting it out on the 2007 (project of the month). I would do the MR shocks if I had to do it over again (only if replacing worn out shocks) but I doubt the Platinum Led headlights because of the cost factor. Alignment shop said the 2007 was the best handling and softest riding 24" tired vehicle he had EVER driven or rode in (GF 3" drop kit/MR shocks/Hotchkiss/Baer brakes/Blackbear tune/9.5 rear were all installed at that time). I still want to reset the pinion angle in rear and on transmission to finish that phase and reduce axle wrap. Get 19-23MPG on mixed country driving so am not far off but still do not like the rear up angle/tranny down angle. I am inconsistent in being on the forum because my projects suck time. I comment mostly to allow others to gain from my mistakes or consider things they may not have thought of....the programming issues and nuances in wiring changes is sometimes a nightmare and, of course, is not supported or explained in any way. IMHO the 2009 Escalade is the best year to get because it has the most all the perks without the some of the important losses of the 2010 and later..i.e. rainsense wipers, heated wiper fluid. Just wish I had the ability to get the high/low transaxle and towing package of the 2500 Avalanche without such a nightmare...It would be easier to convert an Avalanche to Caddy comfort/appearance than converting an Escalade Ext to Avalanche functionality but I must live with what I have(or mod it).

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

For Big Windy: It is the "why did they change this?, and what did they do to the programming when they did this?" that is the challenge and downfall because noone seems to be willing to provide any insight that allows understanding the operation let alone modification even in the Helms manuals. Understanding and then making the DLR work on the LED's in the 2007 was a PITI. From experience I rather not expound on, Stabiltrack and service suspension system alarms can be caused by low battery voltage or bad grounds instead of actual suspension problems. And this programmed to VIN requirement is significantly painful..which is why most VCIM retrofits for bluetooth don't work for Onstar continued useage. It is MY vehicle yet many of its operations and functions are treated like a proprietary lease which I am not allowed to access, understand or change even if I am willing to give up all warranty and legal claims against the manufacturer. But I must commend them on their ability to engineer these new vehicles. Now when are they going to offer a complete Platinum option for an EXT? I want a LSA equipped, Platinum EXT-V with rainsense wipers, heated washer fluid, part time 4 wheel drive, front/side/rear cameras, and bluetooth apps. All the parts are available NOW. I guess I will have to build it myself.

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by WaterKing View Post
    For Big Windy: It is the "why did they change this?, and what did they do to the programming when they did this?" that is the challenge and downfall because noone seems to be willing to provide any insight that allows understanding the operation let alone modification even in the Helms manuals. Understanding and then making the DLR work on the LED's in the 2007 was a PITI. From experience I rather not expound on, Stabiltrack and service suspension system alarms can be caused by low battery voltage or bad grounds instead of actual suspension problems. And this programmed to VIN requirement is significantly painful..which is why most VCIM retrofits for bluetooth don't work for Onstar continued useage. It is MY vehicle yet many of its operations and functions are treated like a proprietary lease which I am not allowed to access, understand or change even if I am willing to give up all warranty and legal claims against the manufacturer. But I must commend them on their ability to engineer these new vehicles. Now when are they going to offer a complete Platinum option for an EXT? I want a LSA equipped, Platinum EXT-V with rainsense wipers, heated washer fluid, part time 4 wheel drive, front/side/rear cameras, and bluetooth apps. All the parts are available NOW. I guess I will have to build it myself.
    You my friend are a monster!

patmr1388 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Esv

what mods did u have to due because I'm doing mines next week

----------

what mods did u have to due because I'm doing mines next week

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.