Free 2011 Nav Disk
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; After having issues this weekend doing the vcim mod, I called a local dealer to see if a filmware upgrade ...
    sims1dh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Free 2011 Nav Disk

After having issues this weekend doing the vcim mod, I called a local dealer to see if a filmware upgrade was available for the navigation unit. The dealer told me try getting a new nav disk. I call 877 nav disk. To make a long story short I was able to get a new disk mailed out to me for free. They were asking 199 for the disk.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dciliberti is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

How?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

What was the magic word that worked?????

sims1dh is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I called in and told them that my original disk was damaged. So I played like I just wanted to get a replacement disk and not and upgrade. They tried to tell me that I have to buy the new disk if mine was damaged. The next thing I know I was transfered to another rep. She asked me if I was the original owner and I lied and said I was. She then told me that they had a free offer that was sent out to original owners that had expired already but that she would honor it for me. If you need a disk I would call and act like you are calling about the offer that you received about a free upgrade. 877-nav-disk

login is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Will try and let everyone know.

JZ_EXT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade EXT

I gave it a try and they said I'd have to send them a scan of the flyer which states this promotion. Anyone have a copy of this "flyer" or "postcard"??

DTEK01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I just got a 2007 and I called them before this thread was started. I stated that I knew there was at least one free upgrade offered and that I wanted to see if the previous owner took it. Since I still have version 1.0 I figured they did not. Turns out I was eligable for 1 upgrade only and they are shipping me the latest 2011 disk.

Was very cool.

login is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

They asked me if I had taken advantage of the free upgrade and I said no and they check their records and could not find my vehicle. 2011 disk on it's way UPS. I must say, sure beat dealing with some customer service workers as these ladies I talked to today were so polite, helpful and spoke proper english that I did not have trouble deciphering.

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

When I dealt with them same level of service … Great !! I had a free upgrade coming and didn't have to produce anything but the vin # . The offer to my understanding expired last December but sent mine out at no charge . Too bad the Yellow Pages solicitors aren't at least able to speak English , they call almost every day and become belligerent when we politely decline .

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i believe this promo was for 2006 & 2007 model year vehicles ... there were two free upgrades available ... the promo ended last year (i think) but theres another thread around here where people discuss getting the extension

it was supposed to follow the car, not the original owner (like the warranty) but i guess now that the promo is expired they want to make sure you're original owner (or something)

it's definitely worth a try though if you have a 2006 or 2007 vehicle
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

tiny73 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I call this morning and reference the free upgrade even though it expired in 2009 they can do a one time upgrade. Mine is in the mail thanks for the info.

Cadddykid is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 escalade
    I called too And the first time i called they didnt wana Give me an upgrade But i called again And they just sent
    Me my upgrade! Thanx For the info guys!

mambro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 ESV

Thumbs up Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

+1 on the expired 12/2009 but "goodwill" one time free upgrade to the 2011 DVD on my 2007 ESV! She simply checked the VIN in their system and took my mailing information. I should have it in 5 to 10 business days.

Lrotan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

did anyone have the paperwork to go with the upgrade?

mambro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 ESV

Cool Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

When I called there was a prompt to indicate if I was calling about a postcard I received in the mail. I did not. I just pushed enough buttons to talk to somebody about an order. The person did not ask about a postcard or any other documentation... just the VIN to check if I was in their system for the 1x goodwill upgrade. Very polite and easy process. No stories about a bad disc or postcard needed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.