Free 2011 Nav Disk - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I'm having some trouble getting the update myself. Any help in what you guys are saying would also be appreciated....
    Xtreme70SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, STS-V

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

I'm having some trouble getting the update myself. Any help in what you guys are saying would also be appreciated.

mrgoat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

has anyone tried to rip the dvd and make a backup? Will the unit read a backup dvd?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

the answer to that question lies in the grey areas of copyright law
    ... it has been answered and whole threads have been dedicated to it on this site before so i will just leave it at that

find your answers on your own at your own legal risk
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

uptown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I was able to call and get a new Nav disc. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    the answer to that question lies in the grey areas of copyright law
    ... it has been answered and whole threads have been dedicated to it on this site before so i will just leave it at that

find your answers on your own at your own legal risk
    Thank you for the indirect response lol.

Someone with a disc image please pm me...

Xtreme70SS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): SRX, STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by uptown View Post
    I was able to call and get a new Nav disc. Thank you.
    PLEASE expound on what you told them, etc. Thanks! Been through all kinds of hoops with zero results, including PM'ing the stated Cadillac service rep on here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoat View Post
    Thank you for the indirect response lol.

Someone with a disc image please pm me...
    You're very welcome
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme70SS View Post
    PLEASE expound on what you told them, etc. Thanks! Been through all kinds of hoops with zero results, including PM'ing the stated Cadillac service rep on here.
    I called and spoke with Antoinette and she confirmed that the offer ended in 09. No luck here. I have at 08 ESV with the V 1.0 disc. Anyone have a spare 2011 disc i can "borrow"

ONCE AGAIN: the offer was only for 2006 and 2007 GM vehicles with navigation ... if you don't have a 2006 or a 2007 then there is ZERO chance of getting a free disc

if you have a 2006 it is very unlikely that you will get a free disc after this much time has passed on the promotion
    some people with 2007s are still able to get the free update disc but that will soon become next to impossible as it currently is for the 2006 models

I can understand why there is acutoff on the 2007 Model year vehicles but i don't comprehend why only those vehicles are offered the disc. The website lists the same update for both the 07 and 08 ESV. I'm pretty sure there was not a version less that v 1.0 ever distributed.

/rant off

Still looking for a used 20945286 disc if anyone has one...

2006 and 2007 model year new cars (with nav) had a special promotion (as part of the new car sale)

the promotion was for two free nav disc updates (supposed to be for the next two years, but GM has apparently allowed it for every other year... or so)

fmfa0801 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Ok after reading this I sent them a email saying that I wanted the free updated Nav disk. They told me it ended in 2009 and no longer do this. Then I replied that I have talked to people and that they still are getting the free updated disk from the website. They asked for a VIN# & address. Then replied that they were going to send me a one time only courtesy disk. Sweet! Only took a day. Thanks guys!

trich24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black ESV

I called said the disk I have isn't working. Then was asked if I wanted to buy a new one and said I thought there may be a replacement option. Got Vin and mailing info checked system and said there was a program for 06/07 vehicles but it 12/31/09 Expired but offered me a 1 time exception. Got one on its way! Any future updates are out of my pocket though

jones850 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 DTS

Yeah, I think the cost is outrageous. I ended up here to research the situation. But, hey, where is your integrity? No thanks for the dishonesty required here.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by jones850 View Post
    Yeah, I think the cost is outrageous. I ended up here to research the situation. But, hey, where is your integrity? No thanks for the dishonesty required here.
    A man with integrity, I can appreciate that. It gives me just a little but of hope.......

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.