Free 2011 Nav Disk - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by magnumforc Does anyon know whether the disk is VIN dependent or whether the ID authorization code will ...
    mambro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 ESV

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

Quote Originally Posted by magnumforc View Post
    Does anyon know whether the disk is VIN dependent or whether the ID authorization code will allow the disk to work on multiple vehicles? I note the VIN is printed on the paperwork that comes with the disks along with the authorization code, so wonder if the same disk is good in a number of vehicles? The salesman at my dealership says they will simply order one disk and then use it in all the cars needing an upgrade. If so, what prevents a group ordering just one disk?
    For my '07 ESV, the VIN was only important to gmnavdisc.com to verify that the correct disc was sent. The same part number is used on several GM vehicles. Insert the DVD it does an update of some sort the 1st time only and away you go. No auth code to enter for me. BUT... if the disc is not in the drive all you would have on the screen is a fancy compass function. No disc = no navigation since the DVD is read as you drive.

Maybe it works different in later model years?

Escalade08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

RichieRich...can you please tell me exactly what you told Nav disk when you called since you seem to be the most recent to try this...thanks!

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

there's almost zero chance that you'll get a free disk since it was only 2006 and 2007 year models that had the free disk updates as part of the new car sales promotions
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Mha
    Mha is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

called today and scored! Thought it was going good. He took my name and info and put me on hold. Came back and said it expired in 09 so I started rambaling about how I was told by my dealer that I had a free upgrade. Told me to hold while he made a call to see if original owner had gotten a free up grade. Came back and well lets say my disk will ship in 7-10 days

Mha...what year is your Escalade?

mjb581 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 Deville DHS,07 Escalade

ordered my free upgrade disk today, sure beats paying $199

Mha
    Mha is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

does this thing not work for 2008 Escalades? Has anyone with an 08 did this?

mambro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Escalade08 View Post
    The disc itself works just fine in a 2008 as well. The point you are missing is that the "free" or "goodwill" update is (was) ONLY for 2006 & 2007 model years... as Rippy replied:

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    there's almost zero chance that you'll get a free disk since it was only 2006 and 2007 year models that had the free disk updates as part of the new car sales promotions

Quote Originally Posted by Escalade08 View Post
    Short answer: No

Long answer below
    2006 and 2007 only... i'm very surprised that people are still getting free updates... but if you manage to get one then all the power to ya!
    Quote Originally Posted by mambro View Post
    The thread is about the possibility of 2006 and 2007 owners getting the 2011 DVD update for free. Your 2009 would still take the same part number for the DVD itself, but you would need to pay for it. You can verify what disc you need at gmnavdisc.com
    to sum up:

2006 & 2007 were the only years that GM offered two free nav upgrades...

they were supposed to be one each year... so the 2006 offer ended a couple years ago while the 2007 ended about a year ago

the nav disc center is being nice and still letting people get a free upgrade if they never got one
    (basically extending the time frame for your free upgrade, but that will surely end soon as well)

if you don't have a 2006 or 2007 year model theres no way you're going to get a free upgrade.
    you had to have a 2006 or 2007 model as I mentioned in post #10 (and others mentioned as well)
    i believe this promo was for 2006 & 2007 model year vehicles ... there were two free upgrades available ... the promo ended last year (i think) but theres another thread around here where people discuss getting the extension

it was supposed to follow the car, not the original owner (like the warranty) but i guess now that the promo is expired they want to make sure you're original owner (or something)

it's definitely worth a try though if you have a 2006 or 2007 vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by mambro View Post
    The disc itself works just fine in a 2008 as well. The point you are missing is that the "free" or "goodwill" update is (was) ONLY for 2006 & 2007 model years... as Rippy replied:
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

emoerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

After 2 different phone calls being told the promo ended in '09, I finally have the new disc after utilizing the email portion of the NavDisc website. I have an '07 EXT.

samw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade ESV

How long did it take to get? I was told via email and received email confirmation but haven't seen the disk yet I received the email on the 9th. Maybe not a go?

emoerman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

I emailed NavDisc the 12th, got an email confirmation on Monday the 14th. My disc showed up Saturday the 19th. It shipped from Michigan and I live in Iowa.

xircom2000 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

i called on Friday and they said no sorry the promo ended. called again and she said sure no problem, we will ship one out to you for free. Will this make my navigation look different more updated ? or will it just be updated POI ?

New map updates and added POIs ... that's probably all there is to it, but there might be a software update too (although it may not be noticeable)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.