Free 2011 Nav Disk - Page 19
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; the updates are still done via dvd though, right? you get a dvd and then load it onto the CF ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

the updates are still done via dvd though, right?
    you get a dvd and then load it onto the CF card
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Rag64top is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 Deville DTS, 07 Escalade, 02 Yukon Denali, 64 Impala Conv

I just called the Nav number, and got a very nice lady on the phone. I told her the previous owner had never updated the disc.
    Then she put me on hold for at least 5 times, 45 minutes on the phone, but she was unable to verify that no update was already
    sent out for my vehicle because I called too late, it was 7PM EST, and she couldn't get the right people on the line to confirm.
    However, she is going to call me back on Monday, and it sounded
    like as long as the previous owner didn't receive any updated disk, that she should be able to send me one.
    Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Hope they send me one, as mine is seriously out of date, it shows a pizza store at the end of my road that has been gone for over 15 years!
    I probably should have had the previous owner call for me, but I think it's too late for that now since I already gave her my VIN.
    I'll update my results when I find out.
    Peace

They were supposed to call me back, but didn't. I called the Nav number again, but was sent to the GM service folks this time.
    Luckily I saved my ticket number from Friday, and after he called the NAV people yet again, he confirmed that the update had never
    been done, and they are sending me the 2012 disc for FREE!!
    Thanks to you guys, and this thread, this has saved me $200! I was about to buy one on Ebay for less, but after
    reading this thread, decided why not try it. YES, they still send out free discs!
    I am the second owner, so was concerned that they might only send them to the original owner.
    Thanks a bunch to this forum and it's members, you guys ROCK!
    Peace

Royalton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 Escalade

Got it on the 4th try. Like others said keep trying if first attempts fail.
    Hope this quick guide helps as i have a new phone # to call direct

Step 1) Call NavDisk 877 628-3472. Explain you have a disk read error. State that you tried your friends Nav disk in your unit and it works fine, and when you tried your disk in his truck he gets the disk read error. Say you never ejected the disk before the error, and you looked and it has no scratches. They will say something lame like go to your Cadillac dealer or pay them $220 for a new disk. say thanks but no thanks. be nice even though they will test your patience by not speaking good english, putting you on hold endless times, tell you everything under the sun that it could be except the disk. My rep told me escalades nav systems over heat and usually need to be replaced due to that. When asked if i bought this new i said no, i got it used

Step 2) Wait at least 30 mins, Call GM customer service at 800 462-8782 or better yet call this # 800 458-8006 at this # and you go directly to Cadillac department Customer service at GM. Generally more helpful than regular cust service and you dont have to navigate all the departments like the first #.
    Retell them the story about the disk read errors and checking it is the disk using your friends car. Make sure you dont get transfered to GM service center as they cant authorize this, ONLY Customer Service can do this. So next you will be asked the vin and put on hold for 15 mins. They come back after confirming that you already talked to Navdisk, and tell you they will send out the new 2012 disk this week. You only get this freebie one time. If you get a no, repeat step 2 until you get a yes. Stick with the same story.

Now why be dishonest? up for debate and I didn't want to be, but seems our we're kinda back up into a corner with this and this does the trick sorry to say. Plus $220 to update something basically from the stone age, to the age of atari, sorry to say. Our Nav systems are about as outdated as they possibly could be. Free updates come with every modern gps system now a days. So in the end if they eventually find this thread and put a stop to free upgrade disks than just download google maps for FREE and have faster, better, more accurate gps not to mention with satellite view, but what ever you do don't give $220 to Navdisk there is no way in earth they deserve it after their horrible customer service and insulting $220 pricetag for their outdated garbage. Now if this disk was a fair $49-$79 they would've made a boat load of money off just the people in this post, and we'd all still be happy.

"just download google maps for FREE and have faster, better, more accurate gps not to mention with satellite view,"

Are you saying you can use google maps with the GPS in the dash? Please explain.
    Thanks

richardarroyo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade ESV Platinum

Just tried it today, after about half an hour on the phone with them and putting me on hold they were finally able to send me a free one. They will try so many things to get you to buy the nav disk. One of the things they asked me to do was to take the truck to a Cadillac dealer so that they can verify that the DVD was "not scratched" and that if it was i was going to have to buy the upgraded DVD. But i kept insisting that it was not scratched. So then they said they were going to send a free upgrade. After a few mins of being put on hold they came back and said the nav disk were on "backorder" but that if i wanted it right away i can pay right now and get it sent out right away o.O which didn't make sense because they said the dvds were backordered lol. That if i wanted it for free the DVD's would be available by the end of next week. So they asked me if i still wanted to wait or buy it. I told them that was fine that i will wait until the end of next week. They finally said ok fine but that they would give me their number and ticket ref # if i changed my mind and wanted to buy it now.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

No one is being forced to use the GM Nav System or to be dishonest in obtaining a new disk. Besides that, maybe the disk would be $49-$79 if they didnt have to make up the cost for all the "free" disks they send out the door!!

mapcom is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Anyone have the 2012 update disk they want to sell? Please PM me.

Erod22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This thread is prime example of why insurance is so expensive and frustrating to deal with. So many are out to try and screw the system, companies have to cover themselves.

Everything on the planet, including our Escalades, would be less expensive if we didn't have to pay the built in "fraud" cost.

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

^ True, but still not sure if the amount of fraud equals a $200 disk... I dunno. Bottom line our NAV is pretty poor compared to what else is out there. I will stick with my tried and true iphone that works well for me,,,, and let my nav serve as a fancy radio! :-)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.