Free 2011 Nav Disk - Page 16
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; do you have a 2006 or 2007? are you still using the original nav disc? if you can answer yes ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

do you have a 2006 or 2007?
    are you still using the original nav disc?

if you can answer yes to both those questions then you should be able to get a new disc for free just like bdzialowski did
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

imachap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2007 ESV. Just finished reading all of these posts. Let me see if another call will help with the info I now know.

Quote Originally Posted by imachap
    I have a 2007 ESV. Just finished reading all of these posts. Let me see if another call will help with the info I now know.
    A second call and explanation was more successful. However, initially my phone call to the NAV Disk center directed me to GM Customer Service. Customer service stated they could not do anything and that only the nav disk folks could help me, to which I replied, "how many times am I suppose to go around this merry go round? They told me they couldn't do anything and I needed to speak to GM Customer service."

After that, they got it right and while the 2012 disk is back ordered, I should receive it by the middle of the month which is only a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what this new disk will do for me that the original didn't except updated maps.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Sorry to hear about your frustration, imachap, but I'm very glad to hear your disc has been ordered. Please let us know what happens after you've received it, and don't hesitate to contact me anytime if you have further questions.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie. I received an email today letting me know that it was shipped out.

txcheer.leeperez is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    After reading everyone's reply. I decided to call. I tried the Nav number first and no luck. Then I tried the Cadillac customer service number and voila!! I got the upgrade disk. Thanks everyone.

WickedMCMLXXIX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX
    Quote Originally Posted by txcheer.leeperez
    After reading everyone's reply. I decided to call. I tried the Nav number first and no luck. Then I tried the Cadillac customer service number and voila!! I got the upgrade disk. Thanks everyone.
    What was that number? I tried calling Nav Disc and they said there is no upgrade offer. I have a 2006 SRX.

----------

I called Cadillac customer service and was able to get an upgrade. I was informed that the free upgrade program ended in 2008 but they would make a one-time exception for me. I received the order confirmation and noticed that the 2009 Nav Disc is the disc being sent. I was hoping to get a 2011 or later disc but I guess that's the newest available for my 2006 SRX. does anyone know if this update will allow On Star "turn by turn" navigation?

K9Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Nevermind.

bigtone1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by K9Caddy View Post
    Nevermind.
    It's ok, ask

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by txcheer.leeperez View Post
    It's great to hear that everything worked out so nicely for you, txcheere.leeperez! Enjoy navigating!

Sarah (In for Katie)
    Cadillac Customer Service

patmack is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by imachap View Post
    A second call and explanation was more successful. However, initially my phone call to the NAV Disk center directed me to GM Customer Service. Customer service stated they could not do anything and that only the nav disk folks could help me, to which I replied, "how many times am I suppose to go around this merry go round? They told me they couldn't do anything and I needed to speak to GM Customer service."

After that, they got it right and while the 2012 disk is back ordered, I should receive it by the middle of the month which is only a couple of weeks. I'm not sure what this new disk will do for me that the original didn't except updated maps.
    I want one! what is the correct phone number to call then?

I called the nav number

FredS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV
    When you get to gm cust care you need to remind them that they have to call nav disc to authorize the disc for free. Before that you have to open a case with nav so they can have your name and address so when gmcc calls them there is less potential for them to drop the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by FredS View Post
    When you get to gm cust care you need to remind them that they have to call nav disc to authorize the disc for free. Before that you have to open a case with nav so they can have your name and address so when gmcc calls them there is less potential for them to drop the ball.
    Don't know if you read my posts but I called the nav # and they told me the give away was over but then I had my wife call the same # and she gave them my vin and they sent the disc.

Quote Originally Posted by imachap View Post
    Just got my 2012 Nav Disk in the mail.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.