Free 2011 Nav Disk - Page 15
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just called the gm nav disk 1877 number, i didn't speak with any particular department, and they seemed really ...
    Philasprtsfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

I just called the gm nav disk 1877 number, i didn't speak with any particular department, and they seemed really helpful.

bigtone1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Philasprtsfan View Post
    I just called the gm nav disk 1877 number, i didn't speak with any particular department, and they seemed really helpful.
    Yeah they were helpful telling me how much the new nav DVD is $199, are they sending you one for free

Quote Originally Posted by bigtone1013 View Post
    Yeah they were helpful telling me how much the new nav DVD is $199, are they sending you one for free
    Wow, had my wife call and guess what they are sending me one for free YES

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

ahh... the woman's touch
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

FredS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV
    I went through the process. The nav disc center has to contact gm customer care who will then contact you and then a disc gets mailed out. The key is to involve gm customer care.

Quote Originally Posted by FredS View Post
    I went through the process. The nav disc center has to contact gm customer care who will then contact you and then a disc gets mailed out. The key is to involve gm customer care.
    I called last week and they told me they couldn't do it and that I had to buy one so I had my wife call today and now it will be here in 7 to 10 days

RavenCTS24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Black Raven CTS4 Prem Pkg

Thanks to this Forum and Thread, definitely paid off. Just call the 877 number and spoke to the nav department. After reading this entire thread and different comments used with nav customer service, I used this in my conversation to the nice lady. After being on hold for about 30 min and providing her my Vin # and home address/email, she came back on and said they were sending out a 2012 NAV disk at $0 for my 2007 ESV and should be here with in 3-5 business days.

Thank you everyone for the info and blazing the trail.

Quote Originally Posted by ravencts24 View Post
    thanks to this forum and thread, definitely paid off. Just call the 877 number and spoke to the nav department. After reading this entire thread and different comments used with nav customer service, i used this in my conversation to the nice lady. After being on hold for about 30 min and providing her my vin # and home address/email, she came back on and said they were sending out a 2012 nav disk at $0 for my 2007 esv and should be here with in 3-5 business days.

thank you everyone for the info and blazing the trail.
    cool

krieghoff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESV

I would think by now every person in the world with a 2007 Cadillac should have got a free disc!

I got my updated nav disk and I used my navigation for the first time since I bought my truck it got me to my destination but it lead me through the streets and I live like literally 30sec from the expressway which would have been quicker. It was set for the fastest route.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by bigtone1013 View Post
    I got my updated nav disk and I used my navigation for the first time since I bought my truck it got me to my destination but it lead me through the streets and I live like literally 30sec from the expressway which would have been quicker. It was set for the fastest route.
    This is my experience with almost every factory navigation unit I have owned (Honda, Nissan, GM). There should almost be some kind of "common sense" button you can press on your navigation unit. The trouble with things like routing you through back streets is, your nav is most useful to you when you're in an unknown area. And the nav may end up sending you through some crime ridden neighborhood you don't want to be in. Happened to me in KC.

I find the free Mapquest app on my Iphone to be more accurate and up to date than anything else. So like everybody else, I ultimately use a free app to find directions over a $2000+ option on my vehicle. Money well wasted IMO.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

krieghoff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESV

The woman in my GPS is an ahole and sometimes has no idea where she is!

Nate32 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just made the call. Checked VIN and viola the 2012 disc is in the mail. Thanks a ton guys!
    Rolex and Rolex like this.

bdzialowski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Thanks to everyone for all of the great information. My Navigation disk had some scratches in it and I was getting read errors so I went to Ebay to see if I could get a used one. I actually have an open bid that I placed this morning on a 2011 Used Nav disk version 9.3. When I left the Ebay site and returned to my Google search results I somehow stumbled onto this post. I read all of your comments and so I called 877-628-3472 (GM Nav Disk Center) about 30 minutes ago and talked to a service representative. I didn't lie - I just told her the situation and that I own a 2007 Escalade ESV. She informed me that the free update program was over but Cadillac is allowing a one time free upgrade. Like the comments said, I gave her my information and VIN, waited for about 10 minutes and then she came back and said "Your 2012 Navigation disk will be mailed out in about 7 days". I also asked her how long this free update disk special offer would last for 2006 and 2007 and she didn't know but was instructed to always send it out as long as a upgrade disk wasn't recorded in the system against the VIN provided. Thanks again everyone! I sure hope I lose my bid on Ebay.

imachap is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Interesting. I just tried to call about the same thing but my cost is $199.99. I said n thank you. I'll just use my Garmin.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.