Free 2011 Nav Disk - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; have you talked to a dealership or the nav disc center about your routing issue?...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

have you talked to a dealership or the nav disc center about your routing issue?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

K9Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black

Not yet, but I'm gonna... Furthermore, I'm not the only one with this issue. It's a common issue with our NAV units and they have yet to resolve the problem after 5yrs.

krieghoff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESV

The Gm GPS is junk. The guy that set it up should be fired!

You can't change anything on the program! I like it a lot more when I can change things to the way I want it.

The problem is that if you don't get the Nav Unit opinion you don't get the big screen and big backup view.

I have an extra GPS in my ESV because I don't trust the GM unit!

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

I made sure to get mine for free. I strongly dislike St. Claire Cadillac 3737 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA. The Manager Frank treats customers poorly. When I bought my Escalade, I looked up the dealer on Yelp. There were pages of "BAD" reviews, I didn't pay attention. If it weren't for my wife, I would not have purchased the suv. I expected better customer service from Cadillac. I have had some issues with my truck and Frank tried to belittle me, when spoken to. I looked at the "Free" disk as GM trying to make "GOOD" for being treated so horribly by the dealer. I even made a detailed report to GM Customer Service after my Free Update was issued.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by mycaddi408 View Post
    I made sure to get mine for free. I strongly dislike St. Claire Cadillac 3737 Stevens Creek Boulevard, Santa Clara, CA. The Manager Frank treats customers poorly. When I bought my Escalade, I looked up the dealer on Yelp. There were pages of "BAD" reviews, I didn't pay attention. If it weren't for my wife, I would not have purchased the suv. I expected better customer service from Cadillac. I have had some issues with my truck and Frank tried to belittle me, when spoken to. I looked at the "Free" disk as GM trying to make "GOOD" for being treated so horribly by the dealer. I even made a detailed report to GM Customer Service after my Free Update was issued.
    So GM owed you a free disk because Frank treated you poorly??
    poohgas and poohgas like this.

mycaddi408 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade Lux Edition

Actually GM owes all of us. See for yourself.....

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/...ut-gm-bailout/

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

So your solution, if I understand you correctly, is to take from a company that doesn't have enough money to keep itself a float because Frank treated you poorly and GM accepted a government bailout ....... That's brilliant!!!
    poohgas and poohgas like this.

dupe, my bad
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

One of the great mysteries to many inside the auto industry is why is GM’s stock price so low? Though the company had a weak third quarter, its stock price has been stuck well below its IPO price for much of the last year, despite a return to profitability. Though GM faces challenges, few inside the auto industry understand why its stock price remains so low. One theory: the government’s mere continued presence as a major stockholder creates uncertainty around the company. If this is the case, it creates something of a vicious cycle: the lower the stock price, the less likely the government is to sell its shares, leaving it lingering with no exit strategy, in turn driving the stock lower. Though that’s not likely to be the whole story, one thing is certain: the government has been forced to increase its loss estimate for the GM bailout. The Detroit News reports that the Treasury’s losses on GM are now estimated at $23.6b, up from $14.4b. And with an election looming, it seems likely that the White House will sell within the next six months. But will the government’s desire to protect itself politically trade off with GM’s PR? After all, whatever the Treasury’s final loss is, that number will be pinned to GM as a symbol of what it owes the American people. On the other hand, with most analysts insisting that GM stock is undervalued, another year of government ownership could convince investors to bid up the price, greatly reducing GM’s public debt. Too bad electoral politics will probably prevent that from happening….
    (emphasis added)

they're in a catch 22 ... public perception of the govt is negatively effecting the stock price for no other reason than politics

cramer has some interesting things to say about GM a week and a half ago

i can't quite put my finger on why, but i like this more recent article on the subject from money.cnn.com
    http://money.cnn.com/2011/11/18/news...lout/index.htm

it's a fact that GM's stock price has gone down almost 50% since January
    i began to imagine if the Govt had sold back then at $40/share (for a few billion loss)
    now i'm thinking why a profitable company - in this bad economy would have lost 50% of it's value

that just doesn't add up... what am i missing?

Karens1818 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I called, I just bought an Escalade 2007, and gave them the vin number. They called the previous owner to ensure they had never received a free upgrade and voila, they are sending me a one time free 2012 disk in the mail. Thanks!!

Philasprtsfan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Just to go along with everyone else. I called the 1 877 number and told the person I spoke with that I heard they were giving free upgrades for older disk. I told them I have an 07 ext with the original disk, they asked for the last 8 of the VIN then said since I didn't get one previously they would sent out a 2012 disk, then they asked for an email address and since I gave it to them they would send it in 3-5 business days vs. 3-5 weeks. Can't hurt to call and ask right?

CStradling24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS, 2008 Escalade EXT

What is the part number of the 2012 Nav disc you are receiving? 22797718?

I have the 2011, ver 9.3. Has anyone noticed a big difference between the two? I have a 2008 EXT and I am hearing something about 3D Nav?

71Dragtruck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

I tried long time ago to get a upgrade disc and failed.

bigtone1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Just called and they said no

bigtone1013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Philasprtsfan View Post
    Just to go along with everyone else. I called the 1 877 number and told the person I spoke with that I heard they were giving free upgrades for older disk. I told them I have an 07 ext with the original disk, they asked for the last 8 of the VIN then said since I didn't get one previously they would sent out a 2012 disk, then they asked for an email address and since I gave it to them they would send it in 3-5 business days vs. 3-5 weeks. Can't hurt to call and ask right?
    There's two different departments which one did you talk to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.