Free 2011 Nav Disk - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Free 2011 Nav Disk in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by jones850 Yeah, I think the cost is outrageous. I ended up here to research the situation. But, ...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

Quote Originally Posted by jones850 View Post
    Yeah, I think the cost is outrageous. I ended up here to research the situation. But, hey, where is your integrity? No thanks for the dishonesty required here.
    i understand your cost argument, but what's with the rest of the post? who are you talking to?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

trich24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black ESV

Thumbs down Re: Free 2011 Nav Disk

jones850 Why you chose this thread to post since sitting dormant since 07 makes sense you want to come across as a honest person to some random strangers....sorry we aren't going to give you our approval or compliment you on what a great person you are and this isn't dts forum maybe they can help you....

Not sure who your post was directed at but keep you bs out of here.

Hope you got your answer go spend the $100 on ebay most of us can afford it too.... That's not the problem

You don't know who any of us are and where our moral compass lands so see ya chat room tough guy

Toddstun is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I just saw this and tried it. I was told it expired in Dec of 09. I mentioned that I had friends that had the offer honored up until Dec of 2010 and was told I would have to contact GM directly.

trich24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black ESV

Not sure if you saw my post last week

I called said the disk I have isn't working. Then was asked if I wanted to buy a new one and said I thought there may be a replacement option. Got Vin and mailing info checked system and said there was a program for 06/07 vehicles but it 12/31/09 Expired but offered me a 1 time exception. Got one on its way! Any future updates are out of my pocket though

Fri the system was down the lady then called me Monday 8/1 and said I contacted them today its on its way expect it in 5-7 days

I would call again and tell them you need a replacement you don't need the upgrade. I didn't and they came back and told me what I posted above.

if that doesn't work try again

felixgun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade & 2011 Yukon

This deal still works guys!!!

I called and told them that I had the original disk and needed the upgraded disk because I was told I was eligible for the upgrade. When he asked how I knew about it I told him I got a post card in the mail but was at work so didn't have it with me. He said that's fine and put in on hold for at least five minutes. When he returned, he told me the deal ended December of 08 but as a ONE TIME courtesy, they would honor it and send me the 2011 Navigation disk free of charge. He took my address down and gave me a confirmation number. He said it will take 5-10 business days to get here!

Nguyen85 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I just called and told them a similar story to Felixgun and after being transfer to 6 different departments they finally told me that they will not honor me the new disk because the promotion had already expired. So i will have to pay for the new disk.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by jones850 View Post
    Yeah, I think the cost is outrageous. I ended up here to research the situation. But, hey, where is your integrity? No thanks for the dishonesty required here.
    Your first post in 4 years.....thanks for the contribution.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen85 View Post
    I just called and told them a similar story to Felixgun and after being transfer to 6 different departments they finally told me that they will not honor me the new disk because the promotion had already expired. So i will have to pay for the new disk.
    Really? You need to call back and hope you get a different rep. Tell them you have the original disk and was calling about the upgrade. When they ask where you heard about it, tell them about the post card like said earlier in this thread (but you were at work and you didn't have it... (allegedly). I just did what I gathered from reading the whole thread above and sure enough it worked... also is yours an 07? I think that's also a must.

JP's07Escalade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

I have a 2007 escalade. Just called the 1-877-NAV-DISK, pressed "0" to get a rep. Told her that I have a NAV system and the disk is no longer working. That I took my truck to the dealer and that I was told that the disk was bad. But that since I had the original 2007 disk that i should call for the free upgrade. They checked my VIN and confirmed that I never received an update and was told that I was getting a one time courtesy 2011 update disk since I never received one.

Do tell them you are the original owner.

If you have a 2007 Escalade i suggest you call.

Nixin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV

It still works folks. I got my new disk back in April.

Just got mine in the mail today. It shipped out last Wednesday. I can't believe they are just handing these out still. Great free one time courtesy!

Nguyen85 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So after being on the phone with them for hours without any good result. I went ahead and emailed them explaining how the dealership and many other 07 owners saying how i should recieve one free courtesy upgrade for my 2007 if i have never taken one. They replied asking for my address and today they sent me a comfirmation for one free disc and saying i should recieve it 7-10 business days. thanks everyone

torr714 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): now only one 2010 esv
    Just spoke to navidisk told them I wasn't the the original owner and had original disk they checked the vin and are sending it to me for free thanks for all your posts i almost was going to buy one

NRich is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

Just spoke with GM navdisc. Told them I bought 2007 last year and was inquiring about an update that I am eligible for. I mentioned that the dealer and several of my friends said that I should contact navdisc bc I should get an upgrade for free. Gave VIN. Told rep that I did not buy the ESV new, but I have the original 2007 disc. I was placed on hold numerous times. Several times the rep came back asking for more info: my addy, miles on car, where purchased, etc. She often told me that it was an expired promotion that I am no longer eligible for since it ended a long time ago and that letters had been sent stating the cutoff dates. I politely persisted. I told her that the rep in the disc ordering dept (the rep that transferred me to customer care dept) said that even though the cutoff dates had passed that they may offer me a 1 time courtesy. I mentioned how my friends had been successful with the courtesy upgrade. Again, I was placed on hold for about 5 mins while the cust care rep did "one last check" to see what she could do, but told me she couldn't promise me anything. Finally, she came back with the great news: As a one time courtesy GM NavDisc will mail me the updated 2011 disc. She gave me an order # & a reference # for the call and said I should get my disc in about 1 week.

Wow! Thanks guys. This deal yet lives. I had to call 4 times, and stay patient, polite and persistent. It paid off.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

time is money once again
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.