Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Put in park....rocking back and fourth?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  07Lambert 
#1 ·
Is this normal? When ever I put the EXT in park it rocks back and fourth and sometimes I fear I wont be paying attention park close to a car on the street and hit it! These brakes seem very weak also. :banghead:

#3 ·
continue what? completely stopping and putting it in park? because thats what I have been doing....

what you failed to understand was that when i stop COMPLETELY with my foot on the brake (car is stationary) and then put the trunk in PARK, when I release the brake the car rocks back and fourth!

#7 ·
It's normal. Park is simply neutral in the transmission, with the addition of engaging a park pawl to the output shaft to prevent the vehicle from rolling. The vehicle will rock slightly when on a hill until pressure is put on this pawl. To prevent bouncing back and forth, release the brakes slowly to allow the vehicle to come to rest on the pawl without bouncing off of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.