My Truck is Famous :) Thanks AlphaTherm Heated Washer Fluid is BACK - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, My Truck is Famous :) Thanks AlphaTherm Heated Washer Fluid is BACK in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Look back a few, does anyone know if it can be hooked up to a 09 without the button. For ...
    Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium
    Look back a few, does anyone know if it can be hooked up to a 09 without the button. For 09 they were no longer installed. I would like the factory setup & factory button if possible. By using the factory setup, there is a timer that switches the unit on, and a timed delay between sprays. If you go with the direct connect, it is on all the time, and you must wait at least 15 to 20 seconds before you spray a 2nd time.

Anyone...

PeteKT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Tahoe

Re: My Truck is Famous :) Thanks AlphaTherm Heated Washer Fluid is BACK

Have you looked inside the engine bay to see if the bracket is still there?

No bracket, no button, no rolled up wires except to the left of the fuse box near the engine just over the shock. I loved the feature on my 06 DTS. I don't like the idea of having a unit running all the time, but more important, when you press the heated wash button on the factory system, the unit turns on and does a few sprays, then re-heats the fluid for the second spray and so on... Adding the aftermarket system, you can do the first quick wash, then wait 15 to 20 seconds each time for the system to heat the small amount of fluid.... Spoke to alpha therm, the timer is part of the truck, not the alpha therm system. Would love to install the factory button with the timed wash...

ZR1-638HP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade EXT, 2011 ZR1 , 2006 Z06, 2002 Avalanche

I too would be interested in a factory setup. I have an 09 and it does not have the button, bracket etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
    No bracket, no button, no rolled up wires except to the left of the fuse box near the engine just over the shock. I loved the feature on my 06 DTS. I don't like the idea of having a unit running all the time, but more important, when you press the heated wash button on the factory system, the unit turns on and does a few sprays, then re-heats the fluid for the second spray and so on... Adding the aftermarket system, you can do the first quick wash, then wait 15 to 20 seconds each time for the system to heat the small amount of fluid.... Spoke to alpha therm, the timer is part of the truck, not the alpha therm system. Would love to install the factory button with the timed wash...

PeteKT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Tahoe

Have you looked around at ordering the harness from an older model, im sure they sell the harness with the button and stuff.

No idea where to start. Funny I mentioned the heated washer fluid at the parts dept. at a local dealership, it was like I mentioned the word bomb at an airport... They started throwing around car fires, people getting killed, houses burning down. All from the heated washer system. Boy, the are brain washed, they dont want to give. Me the time of day. It's like little kids playing the game telephone... Starts out with, we have wire overheating with the heated washer system..... Then Tim goes to the next person and they all add or delete, ignore parts of the conversation.... When it gets to the last service guy on the line, it ends up.... Did you hear the heated washer system lit up like a flame thrower, the factory burnt down, thousands of people are out of work, the assembly line had to come to a complete stop and we all had to work the night shift cutting the red wire and put tape on it, then the president of the united states forced GM into notifying the entire nation about a 1000.00 refund check. The developer of the system has moved into the forest to live the rest of his life in seclusion due to the stress of the situation. if any one ever mentions the words heated washer system, immediately leave the vicinity and notify the secret service.....

Just fix the problem.....

gass1472 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade AWD

So do you have to turn this on everytime or is it anytime you use your washer fluid it will be heater?

The way it works if you add it after to any vehicle is, when you start your vehicle, the unit automatically starts heating a small portion of water, winter or summer. It will keep this small amount of fluid hot all the time. ( think of it as a really tiny water heater ). However when you spray your window, you can only hold the spray on for a couple of seconds, then you have to turn off the wipers, wait 15 to 20 seconds before you get hot water again.

Factory setup, when you press the heated washer button, it will then turn on the heater, wait the 15 or so seconds, then turn on the wipers with the hot spray, then stop, wait another 15 seconds, then start spraying and wiping again. It will do this automatically about 4 times with no user intervention.

If you do the after market setup, it sort of is not worth it for me anyway.

Would love to get it working the way it was originally designed.

Anyone from service willing to help resurrect the old system, with the new heating unit?

1. I am pretty sure the delay after you hit the heated wash button is controlled by the washer system itself, not alpha therm.
    2. The display in the DIC also is part of the vehicle logic, not the alpha therm.

Would not mind paying for parts and or info / labor to get it all to work.

Great product / option, used it all the time on my 06 DTS.

JD2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8

My 07 has the button inside the truck, but the heating element is gone, i.e. nothing in the bracket. I can see one black and red cable, and 3-4 other cables being cut where the OEM heater element was suppose to sit.

Will adding an Alphaterm unit and a new wiring harnesses get me the factory setup, with 4 automatic cycles when I press the heated washer button?

----------

Never mind. read the above posts again and found the answer. Guess its plug and play, and I'll get the factory setup with automatic cycles. Thanks to those contributing.

JLeosnow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

I just installed this unit on my 2008 ESV. Great product, quality built! Straight forward/easy install that is advertised/promoted to be a direct plug-and-play which it was.. Perfect!!

-John

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    I have had mine installed for 5 years still running strong. Better than factory I would say. Not as hot though.

Quote Originally Posted by JD2004
    My 07 has the button inside the truck, but the heating element is gone, i.e. nothing in the bracket. I can see one black and red cable, and 3-4 other cables being cut where the OEM heater element was suppose to sit. Will adding an Alphaterm unit and a new wiring harnesses get me the factory setup, with 4 automatic cycles when I press the heated washer button? ---------- Never mind. read the above posts again and found the answer. Guess its plug and play, and I'll get the factory setup with automatic cycles. Thanks to those contributing.
    Did you need a new harness? Or did you just splice the wires.

JLeosnow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Ride View Post
    Did you need a new harness? Or did you just splice the wires.
    If the recall was performed as it was supposed to be by the dealer then everything is still there regarding wiring & bracket for the AlphaTherm install. True plug-and-play install!

-John

Since I have no button or visual wiring, can this be done?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.