Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2007 Escalade Interior Chrome Door Handle - Defect Letter Received

28K views 64 replies 45 participants last post by  lbrowne 
#1 ·
Did anyone else get the letter from GM about the interior chrome door handles may have a defect which causes the top of the door handle to peel off and get rough?

It says as long as the vehicle is less than 10 years old and under 100,000 miles this is to be fixed by authorized dealer under warranty I would assume.

I am taking my vehicle there this week as my door handles are experiencing this.

Anyone else get this?

#59 ·
I am pretty disappointed with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas after reading this post. I asked them about this problem on my 2007 when it was well under 90k miles and they told me it was not covered even though it is so sharp it can nick your hand. I am now at 110k miles. Why would a dealer not perform this repair if it was authorized by Cadillac? Finger Hand Material property Technology Electronic device
Electronic device Technology Gadget Hand Material property

#60 ·
I am pretty disappointed with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas after reading this post. I asked them about this problem on my 2007 when it was well under 90k miles and they told me it was not covered even though it is so sharp it can nick your hand. I am now at 110k miles. Why would a dealer not perform this repair if it was authorized by Cadillac?
I had a similar issue, I spoke with Cadillac customer service here in Canada. My 2007 was under the mileage required and both front door handles are razor sharp (enough to draw blood). They told me since my Vin wasn't included in the scope of the service bulletin that there was nothing they could do to help me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.