2007 Escalade Interior Chrome Door Handle - Defect Letter Received - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade Interior Chrome Door Handle - Defect Letter Received in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Anything on the '09? Mine are cracking at the top and are extremely sharp? I just so happened to call ...
    Wahoo1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: 2007 Escalade Interior Chrome Door Handle - Defect Letter Received

Anything on the '09? Mine are cracking at the top and are extremely sharp? I just so happened to call the dealer yesterday and asked them to order me knew ones, as I have slit my finger numbers time and so have my children.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hi Wahoo1,

I am sorry that your door handles are cracking and I can see how it would be concerning. If you would like, I can run your VIN and see if there is anything associated with your vehicle related to this issue. Please PM me the VIN along with a reference to this thread and I can check it within our system.

Enjoy your evening,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Law Guy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hey Cadillac Customer Care,

It's funny I shoud come across this thread.

I actually have a 2008, not a 2007, and a few weeks ago, my interior handle peeled pretty badly, and I actually sliced my finger pretty badly on the sharp chrome.

I did file it down, so it's less sharp (although it looks ugly).

The car is within 160,000KM, and within 10 Years of the purchase date.

I was pretty bummed out about this, and by chance came across this thread.

I'm glad to see GM is owning up to this, and offering to fix the issue within 160K and 10 years. Yet, the letter posted above only deals with 2007, I see.

I have an early production 2008.

And please don't tell me my vehicle is not part of this campaign, because I still have the blood stain (along with the flaked off chrome and sharp edge) to prove it.

What's the next step?

I'm going to the dealership on Friday as my 07 Solstice recal work is being done...

I look forward to having this sharp, flaking, interior handle replaced.

Thank you!

Hi Law Guy,

I am very sorry that you have this door handle issue with your Escalade and I apologize for any frustration you’ve experienced as a result. It does sound like you might be located in Canada and, unfortunately, we are currently only able to assist customers and dealerships located within the United States. However, if you would like some assistance in dealing with your chrome door handles, you can always reach out to GM of Canada by phone at 800-263-3777 or by visiting http://www.gm.ca/gm/english/corporat...actus/overview. I hope you find this information helpful.

Enjoy your weekend,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you Austin,

This was actually an Escalade I bought in Rochester, NY, even though I am now in Canada.

In any case, could you please provide me with the campaign number or PIP or TSB number for the handles?

It seems ludicrous to me that GM has recognized the issue, and when people complain about it, sometimes GM owns up to it, and sometimes they say, "your vehicle is not part of the campaign".

I'd like to bring the campaign number to the dealership when I visit them on Friday, along with the letter wwceaton graciously shared with us.

If the dealership runs it through their computer, and they say my car is not part of it, then we can escalate this to a RSM.

Perhaps he or she can come to see my car during their next visit to the dealership, run their finger along the sharp handle, and verify their sliced finger for themselves.

Sorry for the negativity, but I have not once called or written to GM and received any kind of assistance whatsoever, beyond some "empathy" and a "tell me how it goes with the dealership."

It's really a shame. Living in a household with a grandfather and father who have always had Cadillacs, I have such strong loyalty to the brand. My loyalty has never been tested as much as it has with my current Caddies.

I hope that with ccweaton's letter, along with the specific TSB/Recall/Campaign number from you, the dealer will honor it without a fight.

I can deal with all the other trim issues on the Escalade (ugly fading emblems; peeling window reveals; orange peel paint.... but slicing up my finger on really sharp chrome that flakes off, is where I draw the line.)

Thank you!

Hi Law Guy,

Can you please PM me your VIN so I can check it in our system? Since your vehicle was manufactured in the United States, I should be able to pull information on it. I look forward to hearing from you.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hi Austin,

Thanks for your reply.

I was just at the dealer, and guess what?

"Nothing we can do. Your VIN is not part of the campaign."

"But my handle is flaking off! I sliced my finger good!"
    "Nope, GM won't pay me for it."

"But look at this letter for 2007's! Mine is a very early build 2008. Same problem."
    "Nope. The only thing I have for your car is a throttle body issue."

"But all these people on the internet are also complaining. The chrome is sharp! It slices fingers."
    "I know. My wife's car, too. It's sharp! But your car is not on the list. Nothing I can do."

Hey Austin - who decides which defective cars are part of the 100,000MI/10 YEAR campaign and which aren't?

Same problem. Same issue. Same truck. Same danger.
    ...Yet it looks like I am stuck with this.

Wow.

Big_red502 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 cadillac ext
    Will be taking my 07 ext and 08 esv to the dealer to replace my door handles then

kippjones is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 ESV & 2008 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Law Guy View Post
    Hi Austin,

Thanks for your reply.

"But look at this letter for 2007's! Mine is a very early build 2008. Same problem."

"But all these people on the internet are also complaining. The chrome is sharp! It slices fingers."
    "I know. My wife's car, too. It's sharp! But your car is not on the list. Nothing I can do."

Hey Austin - who decides which defective cars are part of the 100,000MI/10 YEAR campaign and which aren't?

Wow.

Same thing here, dealer said 2007 is covered, my 2008 is not.

sdgc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade
    Can someone post pics of the defective one. Curious as to how bad it gets. Could be just the one supplier and they fixed the issue on newer models....

Quote Originally Posted by Law Guy View Post
    Hi Austin,

Thanks for your reply.

Wow.
    Hi Law Guy,

I’m sorry to hear that your VIN was not part of the campaign. Did you discuss any other possible resolutions with the dealership? Have you contacted GM of Canada to discuss this concern? I would like to reiterate that GM of Canada is in the best position to assist you, but if you would like to discuss this situation further, you can always PM me your VIN.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.