2007 Escalade Interior Chrome Door Handle - Defect Letter Received - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2007 Escalade Interior Chrome Door Handle - Defect Letter Received in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Got the letter and getting it replaced....although when I went, they asked for the letter to show proof it's free.... ...
    VAdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

Re: 2007 Escalade Interior Chrome Door Handle - Defect Letter Received

Got the letter and getting it replaced....although when I went, they asked for the letter to show proof it's free....

Shouldn't they have a copy or be aware of this...

allpedal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I took mine in for the washer recall and told them about the defect letter. Not an issue at all.

TheGooch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade AWD

SO funny to see this thread. Haven't been on in a while. I bought my 07 preowned from a GMC dealer. High volume dealer, poor customer service, good prices. When I took delivery I pointed out the handles, and they gave me a "We Owe" paper as a promise to fix. I harassed them literally the next two weeks, and the little salesman was just worn out and probably so tired of me, I'm sure he wanted to tell me F off... But little Adam Goldman just insisted that they sold me the vehicle for cost and couldn't afford to give me new door handles, and instead passed me off to his manager, who the passed me off to some auto restoration guy they use to prep their used cars... this guy then ran me around for 3 more weeks, claiming he'd ordered some kind of chrome film to re wrap my handles, and it was on back order... normally I possess pitbull like tenacity and will fight to the death, but I had a trip to Miami and lost interst, let them off the hook. I guess I can now walk into my local dealer and get me some brand new handles... Good thing, too, because the principalities of this matter were kind of annoying. Glad to be vindicated. Thanks for the info, fellas!

bstiffmanofsteel is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I was at a dealer today and they wanted to charge me $225 each for these...

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

Nice ….. I wonder if they wouldn't bill you AND submit to Caddy for reimbursement . Just saying it sounds like a good old fashioned stealer .

Big Windy, I was at Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg. Maybe I should try Heritage...

I have been to Patrick once , at first I was "invisible" then I was treated rudely . I haven't had any issues at Heritage or Naperville Cadillac .

desidon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

My driver side handle has peeling on the inside...is there a sticker in there or something that peels off?

CadX6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Big Windy Ext View Post
    I have been to Patrick once , at first I was "invisible" then I was treated rudely . I haven't had any issues at Heritage or Naperville Cadillac .
    Unfortunately I got both my 07 & 09 from Patrick however that experience was "acceptable". OTH, their service dept stinks. I have yet to be treated like I was driving a $70K Cadillac.
    When Patrick told me I'd have to make an appointment 3 weeks in advance for an oil change, I drove in off the street to Motor Werks in Barrington & was in & out in about 30 min. They were originally closed down by GM during the "bankruptcy" but subsequently reopened. It's a small operation but personalized, friendly service is far more in evidence than at Patrick. Might be a little far from Downer's Grove, but it's equal distance for me to Patrick or Motor Werks.

I am just gonna start going to Heritage. I work in Westmont, its 10 minutes away...

After an email to the customer feedback dept, I received a phone call from Patrick Cadillac to apologize about the misunderstanding. They are now ordering my interior door handles... Thanks for the information!

Maybe they didn't get the memo , I can't say Heritage won't be the same , I haven't really had much experience with them when an item isn't warranty . I used to have a Chevy dealer that would always try and often succeeded in getting things covered beyond warranty , like differentials . Too bad they are gone .

applepie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Does anyone know if there is a recall on the chrome door handle's on the 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by applepie View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a recall on the chrome door handle's on the 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV
    Hello applepie,

I am not aware of a recall or service announcement regarding the door handles. I would be more than happy to research your VIN and see if you have any open recalls or service announcements. Please feel free to private message me or send me an email to socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line if you would like me to do this for you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

2kflhr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade, '97 Eldorado ETC, '97 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
    Did anyone else get the letter from GM about the interior chrome door handles may have a defect which causes the top of the door handle to peel off and get rough?

It says as long as the vehicle is less than 10 years old and under 100,000 miles this is to be fixed by authorized dealer under warranty I would assume.

I am taking my vehicle there this week as my door handles are experiencing this.

Anyone else get this?
    What if you posted the letter from GM or scanned and attached it so others could print it off to try to use it as proof it's a known problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.