UPDATE ON FIRE Recall for Heated Wipers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, UPDATE ON FIRE Recall for Heated Wipers in Cadillac Escalade Forums; GM Recalling 1.5 Million Vehicles for Fire Hazard Published June 08, 2010 | FOXNews.com General Motors Co. is recalling nearly ...
    uncletony76 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade ESV

UPDATE ON FIRE Recall for Heated Wipers

GM Recalling 1.5 Million Vehicles for Fire Hazard

Published June 08, 2010
    | FOXNews.com

General Motors Co. is recalling nearly 1.37 million vehicles because a washer fluid heater module could overheat and cause a fire, the National Highway Safety Administration said Tuesday.

The recall covers the 2006-2009 Buick Lucerne, Cadillac DTS, Hummer H2; 2008-2009 Buick Enclave and Cadillac CTS; and 2007-2009 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT, Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe, GMC Acadia, Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Saturn Outlook and the 2009 model year Chevrolet Traverse.

The announcement follows a recall in 2008 when GM added a fuse to the vehicles' control circuit harness to address an electrical short. GM, however, has received new reports of "thermal incidents" after the fix. The company that supplied the part, Micro-Heat, went out of business in 2009 in the wake of the initial recall, so, rather than fixing it again, GM will simply deactivate the module. Owners will also receive $100 as compensation for the loss of the fluid heating feature.

The car maker did not report any injuries related to the recall.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: UPDATE ON FIRE Recall for Heated Wipers

UT, there is a sticky thread up top about this, loved that option, used it on my 07' until I traded it in a few months ago, never took it in for the recall.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...es-heated.html

glamis44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Thats BS, And then $100 for compensation? What a joke. How about FIX it so it will work.

That is interesting because two of my 07's had the recall done, so where do I get my $200.00 from?????? I guess since we own GM now I will write myself a check.

CadX6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Being here in the Chicago area, that's one of the features my 07 had that I really miss on my 09. Had the recall done on the 07 & never had any problems. But, at least I still have rain sense wipers (sorry Carl ).

Quote Originally Posted by CadX6 View Post
    Being here in the Chicago area, that's one of the features my 07 had that I really miss on my 09. Had the recall done on the 07 & never had any problems. But, at least I still have rain sense wipers (sorry Carl ).
    Now that hurts. I do have them on 2 out of 3, so I just don't drive the 10' in the rain

lousy_investor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade White Diamond

can we get the $100 and then reactivate it later on our own?

lousy_investor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade White Diamond

can we get the $100 and then reactivate it later on our own?

suprego123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Escalade

Is it a real check or a credit toward our next GM vehicle?? So from this point on, they will simply deactivate all recalls instead of fixing them.

CadX6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    Now that hurts. I do have them on 2 out of 3, so I just don't drive the 10' in the rain
    That's right, rub it in for us po' folk that can only afford two Cadillacs at a time .

IgotGAME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac EXT

I wonder if Toyota could de-activate accelerator pedals?

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

I don't know if my 09 hybrid has it. putting the fluid inside the engine bay should warm it anyway, why invent something that doesn't provide any clear benefit?

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    I don't know if my 09 hybrid has it. putting the fluid inside the engine bay should warm it anyway, why invent something that doesn't provide any clear benefit?
    It was a great option for the people in the north, but much like rain sense wipers I guess we just don't need it.

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

I hope they didn't deactivate mine last week when I had it in . I use it for baked on bugs too !!! . Maybe they can give us heated wiper blades to make up for it .

Ronin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV AWD

I was pretty agitated that when I bought my '07 last year (new, sat on the lot for over 800 days!) that the recall hadn't been done and required a separate service appointment to do so...

I wouldn't have known about the initial recall if I hadn't read it here. This latest one was in the local paper today so I naturally came here to check it out. Personally, I like the feature as it's handy for blasting off 80 MPH bug splatters and melting through ice and snow.

I don't want the recall done. But given the horrific service history and service department that I've been forced to deal with over the last year, I'm sure the next time I bring it in for warranty service (which it seems to need quite frequently) they'll hit the nail square on the head and rip it right out, especially if I tell them not to. I've developed quite the acrimonious relationship with my service department over this vehicle, so this will be the perfect opportunity for me to move the f&%# on to another dealer...

I'm pretty sure that the dealers are required by "law" to perform a recall regardless of the circumstances if the vehicle is in their possession...oh well...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.