UPDATE ON FIRE Recall for Heated Wipers - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, UPDATE ON FIRE Recall for Heated Wipers in Cadillac Escalade Forums; If you take it in for the recall the fuse is removed, the pump is taken out and the harness ...
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: UPDATE ON FIRE Recall for Heated Wipers

If you take it in for the recall the fuse is removed, the pump is taken out and the harness plug is cut off, taped, and reattached to the harness to prevent water damage.
    We haven't done any yet.
    I will have to review the language in the recall but we are obligated by GM to check each vehicle as it comes in for service and if the recall shows as "open" we are directed by GM to do it since the vehicle is in for service and this is a safety related concern.

lousy_investor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade White Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by suprego123 View Post
    Is it a real check or a credit toward our next GM vehicle?? So from this point on, they will simply deactivate all recalls instead of fixing them.
    Wouldn't that be scary? If they are just going to give us $100 here and $100 there for things that require warranty fixes, our trucks would be worth less than half the initial cost.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

If any of you have any questions on whether or not your vehicle is involved in this recall please private message me with your VIN and I will check it through my resources and respond back with a yes or no for you. Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

North49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade AWD

Quote Originally Posted by glamis44 View Post
    Thats BS, And then $100 for compensation? What a joke. How about FIX it so it will work.
    The sad part about this is that the company that made the heating system has gone under. GM does not have another company to work with to find a solution.

CRL1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by North49 View Post
    The sad part about this is that the company that made the heating system has gone under. GM does not have another company to work with to find a solution.
    Found this on the Buick Enclave forum in regards to the heated washer fluid recall.

This company AlphaTherm (alphathermusa.com) is making a replacement heater unit for GM vehicles that is plug and play.

Another interesting article regarding this recall comes from Middletown Ohio.
    "Expensive house fire could be linked to GM recall"

Google the title for the link to the article in the Middletown Journal

buckeyefan007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2007

I am pretty sure the heated windshield washer fluid was worth more tahn thw $100 they want to give you. I think it was standard on all 07's, but the least they could do is give you the value of what it was worth when you purchased the vehicle new.

IgotGAME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac EXT

They should replace it with heated/cooled cup holders instead. $100??..pfft

North49 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade AWD

Quote Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
    They should replace it with heated/cooled cup holders instead. $100??..pfft
    I hear ya. $100 is almost laughable when you look at the price tag on the truck. And at the expense of loosing a bell and whistle feature too! Sorry .... I like the gadgets

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8

Did my first one a couple of days ago. As Ewill said, fuse gets removed and pump gets removed. It cannot be reactivated. Just waiting for my recall notice for my ESV.

itsrixter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV

What they should do is compensate the loss of one feature, heated windshield fluid, for a new feature-BLUETOOTH MODULE. Imagine how that would be: "Sorry but we can remove the heated fluid and install bluetooth to offset the issue"

MATCHN_TOYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 EXT

I got mine done on Friday..... I have yet to see 1cent of that 100Bucks.

Unless someone was making that crap up...

lousy_investor is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade White Diamond

Sounded like we are taking our dogs to get "fixed".... And in a way I do feel that way...

buckeyefan007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2007

This really sucks!! What if you don't want it done? Are you able to sign a waiver not holding GM responsible for a fire? GM should definitely be forced to give some type of compensation for doing this.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyefan007 View Post
    This really sucks!! What if you don't want it done? Are you able to sign a waiver not holding GM responsible for a fire? GM should definitely be forced to give some type of compensation for doing this.
    My last 07' I did not have the fix done, and had no issues over the 3 years I used it, I just would not let them do the update.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I can tell you the following things:

1. The Recall specifically indicates that the customer should be cut a check for $100. It does not say how it should be done and I am not sure how WE are doing it yet, they may be taking information and mailing out checks so our accounting department doesn't go nuts.
    2. We are required by GM to check the vehicle for open recalls whenever they come in for service.
    3. This is a SAFETY recall and we are required to perform this if it is open
    4. There is no language in the recall that indicates a customer can decline this recall, no waiver, no opt out, nada.

From a technical standpoint if you were able to opt out of this recall you'd be accepting personal responsibility for any future failure or damages resulting from such a failure. That might even mean 20 years from now after the car has been sold 10 times if some knucklehead parks it in the garage and their house burns down you get the bill. If you want that kind of liability over a luxury feature on your car I guess you could take it on, but why would you?
    I don't own a car that has this, but from a personal point of view, I'd probably rather get it done and maybe hope for an aftermarket solution in the near future.
    The harness is still in place and some clever person might be able to devise something that would plug in to the existing connections.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.