2010 Escalade Power Running Boards - Any Danger?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2010 Escalade Power Running Boards - Any Danger? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; All, I was thinking of picking up a 2010 Escalade this weekend, but all the models now have power running ...
    vipermann1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2007

2010 Escalade Power Running Boards - Any Danger?

All,

I was thinking of picking up a 2010 Escalade this weekend, but all the models now have power running boards.

Having 3 young kids, is there any danger of the boards retracting with a kids foot still on the board?

For example: I am sitting in the drivers side, windows open and I close the door. (Power boards still entended). Now a kid walks up, steps on the board, and is talking to me for a few minutes on the drivers side. Will the power boards retrace whie there is a childs weight on the board?

Any feedback from your experience with power boards would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance!!!!

P.S. I have to special order one if I don't want the power boards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Alien is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Re: 2010 Escalade Power Running Boards - Any Danger?

I got one with the fixed boards for the same reason... seen a lot of strange things on vehicles ..for no reason...maybe a short or loose wire...Didn't want someone stepping up and their foot get pulled out from under them.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

it is always a possibility for such accidents to happen.

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

On my 2008 and 2007 EXT with retracting running boards, if someone (me at 168lbs) stands on either the boards while extended and the door is closed the board will give a slight attempted movement and then stay out until a door is openned/closed again. I use this method to keep the boards extended when washing/reaching over the vehicle. Do not know what weight it requires to override the retraction but it does not seem to be much.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

I don't get them because of the snow, ice and really cold temps we get in upstate NY, seen some issues with them and ice, but I see you are in Cali so that is not an issue for you. They are pretty safe, lets face it, kids close the door on their hands some times, so anything is possible.

Escapade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 QuickSilverLade

Isn't there a way to override the system and have the board stick out all the time.... I know someone mentioned it on the 08 not sure about yours tho

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello, I am from Cadillac Customer Service. We have never heard of any issues in the Adjustable Running Boards. I can tell you that 1) there is a disable switch inside on the Instrument Panel and 2) if you stand on the power running board it will not retract. I have spoken with someone currently driving an Escalade with the ARB's right now and have interrupted the operation with my feet and my briefcase by accident and it stopped immediately both times.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service.

Big Windy Ext is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Caddy EXT

If you are worried I can take your boards and install the fixed boards . Thats just the kinda guy I am , a real helper

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello, I am from Cadillac Customer Service. We have never heard of any issues in the Adjustable Running Boards. I can tell you that 1) there is a disable switch inside on the Instrument Panel and 2) if you stand on the power running board it will not retract. I have spoken with someone currently driving an Escalade with the ARB's right now and have interrupted the operation with my feet and my briefcase by accident and it stopped immediately both times.

Hey Jeff , Welcome aboard . Are you planning to be around to answer a few questions ? You know like why did they take away rain sense .

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Big Windy Ext View Post
    Hey Jeff , Welcome aboard . Are you planning to be around to answer a few questions ? You know like why did they take away rain sense .
    The question of the year!!!! My 2010 would be just about perfect with the R.S.W. they were the best option besides the engine.

I will be around to help out with warranty questions and things like that, but as far as the Rain Sense Wiper option, I do not have any information on that. I agree that it was a great option, but why it was discontinued I have no idea. Thanks for your concerns. I hope I can help all of you in the future.

It never hurts to try asking . Sorry to the OP for hijacking your thread .

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    I will be around to help out with warranty questions and things like that, but as far as the Rain Sense Wiper option, I do not have any information on that. I agree that it was a great option, but why it was discontinued I have no idea. Thanks for your concerns. I hope I can help all of you in the future.

few questions:
    1. can the 09 escalade hybrid installed with the ipod/mp3 interface without warranty problems?
    2. I have the dealer install the antitheft shock sensor, is the perimeter sensor and plug and play in the GM electronic set-up?
    3. is the heated steering which is a absent in the hybrid a plug and play install?
    4. the back storage of the excalade doesn't come with a net. is there a fix for that or an accessory I do not know?

thanks!

Thats quite a few questions and I am glad for them. Most of those questions would be better asked at a dealership though. I apologize but I don't have lot of the nitty gritty kind of information that you're looking for. I do know how your warranties work though and if you do an improper install it can void the part and other part warranties. It would be best to get those kinds of things done at a reputable local dealership. As for the Cargo area there is a floor mat for this area that we offer but I'm not 100% sure how much it helps with keeping things in line in the cargo area. Once again thank you for all your questions. If you've got any more you can always pm me or e-mail me on the e-mail associated to this profile.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.