Any problems with Escalade thefts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Any problems with Escalade thefts? in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I just joined the Escalade family with a 2007 Black on black ESV with 22's. I'm wondering about theft. Mine ...
    bg1811 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX

Any problems with Escalade thefts?

I just joined the Escalade family with a 2007 Black on black ESV with 22's. I'm wondering about theft. Mine stays in my garage when not in use, except, when we spend a couple of months in Florida in the winter. It will have to set outside in the condo parking lot. Has anyone installed an aftermarket security system? I searched, but, didn't find much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

steve841 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ext

Re: Any problems with Escalade thefts?

WHEELS! Make sure you've got locks on them.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

you can go to the cadillac.com website and they have dealer installed add-ons, I did my anti-theft shock sensor installed this way. there is also the anti-tilt sensor and you can add more wheel locks. I have two wheel locks and hidden in different parts of the vehicle. then of course, onstar can stall the vehicle in its track.

goldesky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

you wouldnt believe how easy it is to pop the door locks... i locked my keys inside when i first got it and the locksmith showed me how easy it is to break into the escaladade - put a little block between the window and door, inserted a little metal rod, took 2 seconds to grab the lock - and voila! open door. alarm goes off, but man.. too easy.....

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

It seems they disappear in Texas and Cali the most.

MATCHN_TOYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 EXT

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    It seems they disappear in Texas and Cali the most.

Just freakn great.....

I had RAVCO put in on mine....plus LO-JACKill & OnStar plus ill be adding a 2way alarm soon. The RAVCO works great...heard nothing but good and from what ive seen since ive had it. Just an extra "thing" to help them from taking it. You can never stop anyone from breaking in but at least they wont take it. Which im sure some would arrgue that having it taken would be better in some cases... but i just hate having to go through the hasle of waitn for them to find it and then maybe giving you less than you expected for your last one.

Last thing.... if anyone is in the Austin area...I have a guy (and is certified )that does the work for a great price. Just let me know and I can hook you up with him. Already had 2 friends have it done with Zero complaints.

cenman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    you can go to the cadillac.com website and they have dealer installed add-ons, I did my anti-theft shock sensor installed this way. there is also the anti-tilt sensor and you can add more wheel locks. I have two wheel locks and hidden in different parts of the vehicle. then of course, onstar can stall the vehicle in its track.

I was planning on an aftermarket alarm, but read some horror stories of bad installs online. I'll probably go with the factory shock sensor and tilt sensor options. Around how much installed? Anyone else have these options? Are you happy with them? Any downsides?

Texas_Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black on Black Escalade LOADED

Someone tried to break into mine at in a hotel parking lot off of I-35 in Austin, Texas. 11 other vehicles were broken into that night. For some reason, as far as the got was prying the plastic molding away from the window and causing $390 worth of damage. It was the passenger side door.

LFTW8S is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)

Quote Originally Posted by cenman View Post
    I was planning on an aftermarket alarm, but read some horror stories of bad installs online. I'll probably go with the factory shock sensor and tilt sensor options. Around how much installed? Anyone else have these options? Are you happy with them? Any downsides?
    Guys...the factory stuff is crap. All a theif has to do is pop the drivers door lock and the factory alarm is disabled. My Lade was broken in to many times where the theif would get in it...look around for anything to steal (I don't leave anyting in the car) and would lock my door back when he left so I wouldn't know he was in the car and could come back another day. I got a VIPER 2-way alarm installed with "train horns"...no more problems. Open a door on my ride...get ready for a "train horn blast!!" It will make you $hit your pants!

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by LFTW8S View Post
    Guys...the factory stuff is crap. All a theif has to do is pop the drivers door lock and the factory alarm is disabled. My Lade was broken in to many times where the theif would get in it...look around for anything to steal (I don't leave anyting in the car) and would lock my door back when he left so I wouldn't know he was in the car and could come back another day. I got a VIPER 2-way alarm installed with "train horns"...no more problems. Open a door on my ride...get ready for a "train horn blast!!" It will make you your pants!

the factory shock sensor and tilt sensor is what you will get on an aftermarket alarm. it would just be plug and play for the dealership no worries about poor installs. if the dealer knows install, they can also add the perimeter sensor and battery back-up horn without going aftermarket which basically the same thing. the factory shock sensor is also a two stage alarm and would warn off intruders and continuously alarm once it is triggered fully.

cenman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Are you still able to use the remote start and open rear glass/tailgate options? Which model do you have? I don't mind going with an aftermarket alarm as long as I get to keep those features and the install is clean/successful. Anyone have a lead for an experienced escalade alarm installer in the VA/MD/DC area?

Quote Originally Posted by evois View Post
    the factory shock sensor and tilt sensor is what you will get on an aftermarket alarm. it would just be plug and play for the dealership no worries about poor installs. if the dealer knows install, they can also add the perimeter sensor and battery back-up horn without going aftermarket which basically the same thing. the factory shock sensor is also a two stage alarm and would warn off intruders and continuously alarm once it is triggered fully.
    Agree...the problem is...if the key lock on the drivers door is used as the entry point...the factory alarm is turned off giving the theif access to the vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by cenman View Post
    Are you still able to use the remote start and open rear glass/tailgate options? Which model do you have? I don't mind going with an aftermarket alarm as long as I get to keep those features and the install is clean/successful. Anyone have a lead for an experienced escalade alarm installer in the VA/MD/DC area?
    Not sure of the model...I'll look when I get home. I have have FULL function remote. Remote start...rear liftgate...rear glass...windinws...etc... Best thing is I can start/monitor my car from my offcie on the 15th floor of my office building.

The only issue is climate controls. Factory alarm remote controls heat/air upon remote start. With mine...I leave the "auto" button on so that is cools/heats the inside as needed.

BWatkins is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My '08 got stolen from the Church parking lot. They broke the window, got it in neutral, and pushed it with another car out of the lot and down the street somewhere. Found it without wheels and nav. Onstar is BS, bcuz you need a police report# before they will locate the vehichle. Mind u, 08's did not have the Onstar disable feature. Good luck getting a report# from Detroit PD in a few seconds..or minutes...or hours...or days. Got it repaired 100%, but I pulled the lease ahead and got a 2010 tahoe LTZ last month.

Neoex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

how the hell did they get it in neutral?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.