New Upgraded Tire Size Review w/ Pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New Upgraded Tire Size Review w/ Pics in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Well I said that I would post a quick review and pics when I had a chance to put on ...
    packbacker1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

New Upgraded Tire Size Review w/ Pics

Well I said that I would post a quick review and pics when I had a chance to put on my new tires and clean the Escalade up a little. I finally had a chance this weekend, so here it is.

The tires that I decided on were the Falken Ziex 305-45-22 tires. I had heard good things about them and really like the tread design, so I decided to go with them. Their price was even better...$750 mounted, balanced, and installed and I could have saved a little more, but I went with my local guy that will rotate them for free for life. Plus he is two blocks from me, so that helps a little. I am so glad that I decided to go with the Falken's. They are a little softer compound than the factory Bridgestones, but they ride so much smoother. It is a lot more comfortable ride now, as bumps are barely noticible. With going the extra width on these, I have also noticed that the handling is much better, with barely any body roll now. It feels as if the Escalade "plants" itself much better in turns.

Going up a couple of sizes also makes the Escalade look much better in my opinion. It really fills the fender wells up nicely. At full lock in both directions, there is no rub what so ever. Even while in motion and hitting a bump they do not rub, but I know it is very close. I know that without a lift, this is the biggest tire that will fit on the factory 22 without rubbing. I also haven't noticed any noticible drop in gas mileage. If any of you have any questions, feel free to ask, and here are the pics.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

101mph62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade & 1995 Supra

Re: New Upgraded Tire Size Review w/ Pics

Looks pretty good IMO, and i can actually get a good deal on Falken to. But my concerns with Falken is they tend to wear faster then the Bridgestones. I actually have Falken on my supra, and had then on a previous car. And notice a fast wear then other brands. I am in the market for some new tires for my Escalade since the fronts are pretty close to the edge. Yours looks good IMO, keep us updated on how fast they wear.

buckeyefan007 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2007

I had the Falkens also on 2 of my other vehicles. I agree they look good, ride nice, are quiet, and handle well. The price is also extremely affordable. Like it was mentioned earlier my biggest issue was the fact that they wore out alot faster than the OE Michelin's. It may even out over the long run as 2 sets of Falkens may = the price of 1 set of Michelin's, not really sure though.

Please keep us posted on how they wear for you. Thanks

Merc is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade

Thank you for the post and including pictures! I am currently running 305/40/22 Vogue Custom Built tires and when they wear out I intend to replace them with 305/45/22 Hankook All Terrain tires. I am happy to hear that they do not rub.

humberto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 escalade

Hey packbacker is there anyway you can get pics from the rear of the suv so i could see the whole back end?I really like the bigger tires i want to get rid of my bridgestones on my 08 and get the same size as yours maybe in a michelin?There is so much room in the wheel well when a stock bridgestone is on.How quiet are those falcons?

bigdawgjz88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm in the market for some new tires soon also. Currently, I have 305/45/22 Toyo Proxes ST. I was looking to get the Goodyear Fortera. Anyone hear anything about this tire? Want something quiet, smooth, and comfortable.

packbacker1981 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade

I will try and get a picture of the rear end tonight and post it tomorrow. The Falkens are extremely quiet. Honestly, you don't notice any road noise at all.

As far as the Falkens wearing out faster, it's not really a concern, because the tires carry a 50,000 mile (pro-rated of course) warranty. These tires have been the most comfortable and best handling tire I have ever had.

Michelin's are a great tire, but I just couldn't justify the price...almost double. Plus the Michelin's are a bit stiffer, which probably equates to their better tread life. With that said, I am completely happy with the Falkens.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

New tires ride great, mostly because they have so much more tread than the tires your are replacing, the stock Bridgestone are 600 tread wear rating, that is why they ride rougher than most, because they are harder than most. The ziex are 460 tread wear rated compared to 600 on the stock Bridgestone, I have Pirelli's on my 24's and 26's and they ride very smooth as well, but they don't last like the Bridgestone.

humberto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 escalade

Quote Originally Posted by packbacker1981 View Post
    I will try and get a picture of the rear end tonight and post it tomorrow. The Falkens are extremely quiet. Honestly, you don't notice any road noise at all.

As far as the Falkens wearing out faster, it's not really a concern, because the tires carry a 50,000 mile (pro-rated of course) warranty. These tires have been the most comfortable and best handling tire I have ever had.

Michelin's are a great tire, but I just couldn't justify the price...almost double. Plus the Michelin's are a bit stiffer, which probably equates to their better tread life. With that said, I am completely happy with the Falkens.
    Hey packbacker looking forward to the pics,thanks.

Thumper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Escalade

I had Goodyear Fortera's in this size on my Sierra Denali and loved them. Long wearing, very quiet and looked fabulous. I wasn't sure if this size would work on the factory 22's since they are an inch narrower than the 22's I had on my Denali. Glad to see they fit so well. I really like the look of the larger tire on the factory rims. That has been my only reservation regarding the factory 22's and the Bridgestones, as they just looked a bit too small for the wheel openings. I was almost ready to move up to a different wheel (thinking of 24's, but worried that they wouldn't work well for towing), but now that I see yours, I am going to stick with the factory 22's and just upgrade the tires. Based upon my previous good luck with the Goodyear's I ordered a set from Tire Rack ($155 ea). Thanks for posting your review and pics! You've saved me a great deal of money.

PWIBKS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 EXT

Anybody tried the Yokohama Parada Spec-X?

07Lambert is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): EXT

got the same Falken's packbacker did for my 07 EXT and the rear tires rub when i go through dips or bumps!!! Weird. now i have to look at my suspension and make sure everything is working properly. hopefully nothing is different in the backend of a ext

it looks great though.

Smokin' 04 CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior

FWIW I had the same tires mounted on my 03 Yukon on 22's when it was brand new and I have put 50K+ miles on them, no joke. And this is a work truck, so these are great tires. I was suprised as to how well they wore, and even today the tread is still decent.

paperchase4life is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext 07

Quote Originally Posted by 07Lambert View Post
    got the same Falken's packbacker did for my 07 EXT and the rear tires rub when i go through dips or bumps!!! Weird. now i have to look at my suspension and make sure everything is working properly. hopefully nothing is different in the backend of a ext

it looks great though.

I mounted the same tires too on my 07 EXT. Rubs a little in the back when going over bumps too. It also rubs on front driver side with a full turn of the wheel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.