battery died now nav radio will not turn on!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, battery died now nav radio will not turn on!! in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Same thing happen to my nav this AM. BUT my battery didnt die. Just turned truck on and see the ...
    CaMs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: battery died now nav radio will not turn on!!

Same thing happen to my nav this AM. BUT my battery didnt die. Just turned truck on and see the splash screen on nav then goes straight to clock. But cant get the thing on...
    Is this nav dead?

Desertdriver is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '11 CTS-V wagon, '08 Escalade EXT

This happened to me today, but at the dealership! They disconnected the battery to do some work and after the gave the vehicle back to me there was no power to the nav/radio. They took it back into the service dept. and got it working, said there was an aftermarket audio accessory plugged into the back of the unit (from a previous owner) that prevented the unit from rebooting after the battery disconnect. I don't know if this is accurate or not, doesn't sound quite right but it seems to be working fine now.

amtrucker22 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Escalade - 06 GTO

Interesting Desertdriver... Did you have a lockpick or pac nu-gm29? Did they give you the 'aftermarket audio accessory' back? Because it is going to suck if you had nav unlock and they kept your unlock device.

MrHolland is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Always always always turn off all of the electronics when exiting the car. If the battery dies nothing will work after you replace the battery and you'll find yourself at the dealer having things programmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertdriver View Post
    This happened to me today, but at the dealership! They disconnected the battery to do some work and after the gave the vehicle back to me there was no power to the nav/radio. They took it back into the service dept. and got it working, said there was an aftermarket audio accessory plugged into the back of the unit (from a previous owner) that prevented the unit from rebooting after the battery disconnect. I don't know if this is accurate or not, doesn't sound quite right but it seems to be working fine now.
    What did they say it was? I have nothing aftermarket on mine, and I have been getting this as well. It will work some days and other not I get nothing just splash screen and time. PIA !!

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CaMs View Post
    What did they say it was? I have nothing aftermarket on mine, and I have been getting this as well. It will work some days and other not I get nothing just splash screen and time. PIA !!
    Hi CaMs,

I apologize for the frustration caused by your navigation screen issue. It seems like you are looking for opinions from the rest of the forum, but I would be happy to discuss this with you further via PM if you would like. Hope to hear from you soon.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Just sent you a PM Austin.

Uche is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Same thing happened to this escalade ext 2012 and it has been like that what should I do

peysol99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had this happen to me this weekend, I had to jumped my truck after listen to the radio for 20 minutes. I tried the recommended steps in this thread and I still have no power to my radio\nav. Does anyone have any additional options to get this fixed?

----------

BTW, I have an aftermarket audio accessory plugged into the back of my unit (from a previous owner) an iSimple Connect Bluetooth device. Could this be causing my problem?

wesyder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
    Jumped my truck one time and fried that isimple box, try bypassing it

SpyShops NY is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
    I have a isimple with Bluetooth and no problems I don't think it's the problem these trucks are known to have bad positive and negative wires

Silverpinecone is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yesterday my battery died in my 2011 SRX. We jump started it and now my navigation system won't turn on. It is dead. This morning I went out to start the car and the battery is completely dead again. For the last couple weeks my car had been telling me that no remote was detected. I'm not sure what it's problem is. I now need to try to get it to the dealer, but scared to jump it again.

Nice Ride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 ESV Platinum / 2010 SRX Premium

See my thread on "Its Dead Jim". No Nave issue, but unknown dead battery.

JD2004 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Base 2007 Escalade EXT, 04 Cadillac SRX V8

Quote Originally Posted by peysol99 View Post
    I had this happen to me this weekend, I had to jumped my truck after listen to the radio for 20 minutes. I tried the recommended steps in this thread and I still have no power to my radio\nav. Does anyone have any additional options to get this fixed?

----------

BTW, I have an aftermarket audio accessory plugged into the back of my unit (from a previous owner) an iSimple Connect Bluetooth device. Could this be causing my problem?
    I can have the radio on for more than an hour with engine off and no problems starting it up. May want to check you battery. I only have one battery.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverpinecone View Post
    Yesterday my battery died in my 2011 SRX. We jump started it and now my navigation system won't turn on. It is dead. This morning I went out to start the car and the battery is completely dead again. For the last couple weeks my car had been telling me that no remote was detected. I'm not sure what it's problem is. I now need to try to get it to the dealer, but scared to jump it again.
    Hi Silverpinecone,

Welcome to the forum! I understand your situation is disheartening and I apologize for the inconvenience. Please feel free to send me a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN, current mileage and dealership name and location. We monitor this forum to assist with customer vehicle inquiries and concerns and are always more than happy to help anyway we can.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.