Ebony Interior Door panel discoloration (Blueing)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Ebony Interior Door panel discoloration (Blueing) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I have an 07 Escalade ESV with Ebony Interior. I have noticed the upper portion of the door panel, closest ...
    glamis44 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Cadillac Escalade ESV

Exclamation Ebony Interior Door panel discoloration (Blueing)

I have an 07 Escalade ESV with Ebony Interior. I have noticed the upper portion of the door panel, closest to the window, is discoloring. Almost appears to be turning blue. I use Adams polishes for a dressing, which is more of a UV protectant then anything. GM wants to see if its the polish, but claims they have had similar issues. I have been going back and forth with them for over 3 months. My take is it is a defective panel, and GM needs to replace. Maybe a bad lot or incomplete dying process. The difference in the sun light is unreal.

Anyone else have this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bkop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Re: Ebony Interior Door panel discoloration (Blueing)

I have that exact same issue on my 07 EXT. Same part of the panel and everything. Doesn't look good when the sun hits it.

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Quote Originally Posted by glamis44 View Post
    I have an 07 Escalade ESV with Ebony Interior. I have noticed the upper portion of the door panel, closest to the window, is discoloring. Almost appears to be turning blue. I use Adams polishes for a dressing, which is more of a UV protectant then anything. GM wants to see if its the polish, but claims they have had similar issues. I have been going back and forth with them for over 3 months. My take is it is a defective panel, and GM needs to replace. Maybe a bad lot or incomplete dying process. The difference in the sun light is unreal.

Anyone else have this issue?
    You use adams wax on your leather/vinyl?

Zhariak is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum, 2013 CTS-V Coupe 6MT

I use nothing on my vehicle except a bit of water and paper towels...

My passenger door starting turning blue. I'm a bit neurotic so I was surprised to notice the complete color changed happened in one day.

Took it to the dealership, they said they've never seen anything like it before. They mentioned they've seen caddy's with this color coming from California that had sit in the sun for years and it's never happened.

Wasn't a problem, they just replaced the inside door trim... Now there's no more blue

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    You use adams wax on your leather/vinyl?
    Yes, It is Adams Polishes (Not Wax) and it is an interior treatment for interior plastic and leather. It is a no sheen UV protectant. It makes a huge difference and revives the interior panels from fading and drying out. I have been using it for years.

As far as the panels, it is clearly a defect. I find it hard to believe any cleaner or protectant would discolor the panels.

Yes, It is Adams Polishes (Not Wax) and it is an interior treatment for interior plastic and leather. It is a no sheen UV protectant. It makes a huge difference and revives the interior panels from fading and drying out. I have been using it for years.

As far as the panels, it is clearly a defect. I find it hard to believe any cleaner or protectant would discolor the panels.
    Just wanted to make sure you were not putting exterior wax on your interior. Believe it or not it happens very often where interior products can cause damage, and some times it can cause a reaction in one cars interior and nothing in another car.

took my truck to the local caddy dealership today for this issue(and a few others) and my guy there said he called Cadillac(higher level guys) and said that there have been no reported cases of this and so that meant he couldn't order me new panels to replace it. Told me to call some number to report it to make a case for this issue.

So no new panels for me after a trip to the dealership. Still blue.

I'll call whatever that number was tomorrow.

Mine goes back in Monday, and they want me to bring what I put on them. Its my opinion there is a bad lot and they do not want to replace. I will let you know.

In the meantime if you have the customer service number, post it or PM it to me and I will call as well. And by the way, this has been reported...........

Mine goes back in Monday, and they want me to bring what I put on them. Its my opinion there is a bad lot and they do not want to replace. I will let you know.

In the meantime if you have the customer service number, post it or PM it to me and I will call as well. And by the way, this has been reported...........
    yeah i thought it has been. hard to believe something like this hasn't. but once i figure out what the right number is i'll post it. he said it was in the back of the manual, but i'm not 100% on which one it is.(mom looked lol)

Punmax is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

NO issues here!

paul111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

I have the discoloration (blueing) on all four doors as well. It is just he upper portion of the panel and in order to fix it the dealer must replace the entire door panel. Since i am over the 50k warranty they want $650 to replace all four panels.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've seen this happen to several of my customers' Escalades, and it's caused by buildup of Armor All or other "protectants" on the door panel. Clean it thoroughly with a non-ammonia based window cleaner or Dove soap and warm water and they'll be black again.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Do not rub hard or use any abrasise products or they will really turn blue, looked at one for a dealership that the customer used the magic spomge from mr clean, it was magic, it took the black right off, they replaced the door panels.

evois is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 escalade hybrid

the only value where tinting the windows help.

clk199 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Old Topic, but mine are starting to blue as well. . . fading from black to a weird bluing. Anyone else with a simular isuue?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.