LED conversion (links and pics)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, LED conversion (links and pics) in Cadillac Escalade Forums; "How to convert your escalade to LED" started getting a lil too long & confusing... so I just started this ...
    MATCHN_TOYZ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 EXT

Thumbs up LED conversion (links and pics)

"How to convert your escalade to LED" started getting a lil too long & confusing... so I just started this one up. Everyone kept asking for links and pictures... so I hope this hits the spot for everyone.

ok... here is some of the info on which LEDs I used. I ordered almost everything from V-LEDS.com (IMO a lil costly but I feel they have a better brighter light)

First up.... Parking light up front. (also used one of these for the light in the truck bed area... EXT only)

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/G...38587-1-2.html

Side Mirror lights (sorry a lil dirty)

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...31635-1-2.html

Inside lights(I have an EXT so the 2 upfront will be the same but im not sure about the rear...but if you do have the TV like I do then order 4 of these and they should fit)

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p5168720.html

Vanity lights..(make sure and order 4...only 1 per pack. learned the hard way)
    http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/V...-p7114848.html

Some extras.... no pics but trust me they look good.

1. License plate lights .....(remember I have the EXT... but they should work for SUV also)
    http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...81033-1-2.html

2. Door lights
    http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/C...81083-1-2.html

3. for the DRL(Daytime Running Lights).... check my cardomain page( http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2628023 ). To much info to put here on how I did it. Plus there are some new plug and play bulbs if you dont want to do what I did and just have them turn on & off automatically. http://www.automotivelightstore.com/5202special.aspx

LAST BUT NOT LEAST.... on the extras that is.

License plate LED...(had a really hard time seeing when I was backing up...even with the camera because my tail lights are smoked) Lets just say I dont have that problem any more
    http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/L...-p7516915.html

Up coming projects......
    -Change out the DRL LED for a HID
    -Converting my EXT tail lights into true LED lights from an SUV. (taking SUV LED lights and fitting them into the EXT)
    -And a few other things that I wont let out the bag for now

I know the biggest thing that helps me out is to see a picture. Hope this helps everyone that wants to do this. It is well worth the $$$ and effort. Any questions just hit me up.
    CoachCVaughn likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

krieghoff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESV

Re: LED conversion (links and pics)

The licence plate is the way to go!!

I just ordered 1 for my 08 ESV!

Thanks for the info!

By the way this site costs me way to much money!!!

You might want to check this out. I put in my 08 ESV and it sure is nice. It fit great.

http://www.shopsar.com/Cadillac-Esca...acescalade.htm
    Will2372002 and Will2372002 like this.

IgotGAME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac EXT

Nice Matchn...I appreciate this!

I will be using your park lights.

Can you provide anymore insight to your vertical LEDS?

Like a link to where you bought them? Did you trim the rubber away from the headlight edge so it wouldn't block them when the headlight was back installed?

If you want to PM me that's fine too :P

2007caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 07

Nice, nice, nice...did I say Nice....great work, I am with you there is too much talk and enough pictures and/or detailed information i.e. bulbs #s etc etc which would be more helpful....because of your post I have already made an order via V-LEDS....question: does your license plate light effect the view of your rear view camera with all that extra lighting, |would assume that it illuminate the visual but not sure if it would be for better or worse...and as " krieghoff " said, yes this site is costing me way too much money, the wife is complaining about the weekly deliveries....great post MATCHN TOYZ, cant wait till you let the " cat out of the bag "

Quote Originally Posted by IgotGAME View Post
    Nice Matchn...I appreciate this!

I will be using your park lights.

Can you provide anymore insight to your vertical LEDS?

Like a link to where you bought them? Did you trim the rubber away from the headlight edge so it wouldn't block them when the headlight was back installed?

If you want to PM me that's fine too :P

I really dont like letting out too much info about this because its one of the things that really sets me apart from everyone else....... plus its not like anyone else cant figure it out besides me...but I dont mind share-n the info here.... everyone here seems to respect unlike other sites. BUT DONT TELL ANYONE ELSE...

ok... so here is a site that sells almost the same light that i got. Ive heard nothing but good from this site...

http://www.oznium.com/side-emitting-led-strip

Here are some pics to get an idea of how you can put them in. I didnt cut anything when I put them in...so you dont need to cut anything. This was a pic b4 I put a light coat of "Nite Shades" to get rid of the lil white dots of the LEDs. Ill post a pic later of the difference... but here is a pic of the light.

Ill try to answer questions as they come up but im not always on here. So if I dont get back to you right away....thats why. Hope that helped out.

Fletch1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

How do you remove the Vanity lights from the visor? Does the entire white lens and the silver gray trim ring come out in one piece or does just the whit lens come off?

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch1 View Post
    How do you remove the Vanity lights from the visor? Does the entire white lens and the silver gray trim ring come out in one piece or does just the whit lens come off?
    It was just the white lens.... but it was kind of a pain in the @$$. Get the smallest screwdriver you got and make sure You dont break it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007caddy View Post
    Nice, nice, nice...did I say Nice....great work, I am with you there is too much talk and enough pictures and/or detailed information i.e. bulbs #s etc etc which would be more helpful....because of your post I have already made an order via V-LEDS....question: does your license plate light effect the view of your rear view camera with all that extra lighting, |would assume that it illuminate the visual but not sure if it would be for better or worse...and as " krieghoff " said, yes this site is costing me way too much money, the wife is complaining about the weekly deliveries....great post MATCHN TOYZ, cant wait till you let the " cat out of the bag "
    Thanks... and trust me I hear it from wifey every time I order all my things...and if its not for the truck...its for the bike...and if its not for the bike its for my civic(beater/drive it when its raining car) and if its not for either its for the house...and so on and so on...but she always ends up like-n afterwards

To answer your question.... The light actually helps. Only problem I have or when its too much light is when I back up into the garage and the light reflects off the wall and makes it a lil hard to see...only because the screen is all most completly white. Yes it really does throw off that much light!!! Other than that... Its great!

CADDYFAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

That is so sick. Did you mount the led strip inside, or out? Did the 5202 bulb from Advanced fit with no mod? Another member here said he couldn't get the cover on the back after installing that, but the company says they work fine... Which is it???
    Awesome job

CADDYFAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

The 194 bulb I used for the parking lights has one more row of LEDs on it. It's a tower 3. I was afraid it wouldn't fit, but it did and looks great. Great write up. I've been looking at your domain trying to figure it out for weeks now.

Escapade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 QuickSilverLade

(------------------------------)

IgotGAME is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac EXT

Quote Originally Posted by CADDYFAT View Post
    That is so sick. Did you mount the led strip inside, or out? Did the 5202 bulb from Advanced fit with no mod? Another member here said he couldn't get the cover on the back after installing that, but the company says they work fine... Which is it???
    Awesome job
    Caddyfat the 5202 do fit and I have the back cap back on my lights.

Just remember when plugging them in to remove the rubber piece on the power plug otherwise it may be too tight for the 5202 to fit properly on the power plug. Once I removed that my 5202's went in super easily.

Also don't worry if you break the clips off the DRL light...I broke both of my top clips off because they are really just in the way...the 5202 LED is snug in the housing.

krieghoff is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ESV

MATCHN TOYZ,

I liked the licence plate idea so much that I ordered it as soon as I saw your!!!

Only problem is you have the EXT and I have the ESV!!!

I have no idea how to get the wire to it!!!!!

trx
    trx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nice! Do you have a pic with the led strip on along with the headlights on? Did you just tap into your parking lights 12v for power? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by krieghoff View Post
    MATCHN TOYZ,

I liked the licence plate idea so much that I ordered it as soon as I saw your!!!

Only problem is you have the EXT and I have the ESV!!!

I have no idea how to get the wire to it!!!!!

You shouldnt have any problems. That license plate came with a really long wire....and I mean really long. All you have to do it snake it through your hatch and bring it to your tail light. The kit should come with 2 wire taps(or you can always buy them) so you dont have to cut your wires and then just tap into your back up lights..... and thats that!! its that simple(well kind of)...just more work since you have to get that wire all the way over to your back up lights.

The nice part of that license plate light is when you hit the unlock button at night it lights up everything behind it.... A REAL EYE CATCHER!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.