2010 Cadillac Escalade Changes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2010 Cadillac Escalade Changes in Cadillac Escalade Forums; ...
    hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

2010 Cadillac Escalade Changes

Someone moved this thread so I am starting it again
    •6.2L engine now equipped with Active Fuel Management technology. (Active Fuel Management helps increase fuel efficiency by seamlessly shutting off half of the engine’s cylinders in certain driving conditions.)
    •New exterior color: Silver Lining replaces Quick Silver and Blue Chip
    •Locking steering column
    •Previous Platinum-model clock standard in all models
    •USB connection in center console enables stored audio files to play through the audio system and battery charging for some handheld devices.
    •Side thorax air bags added to front outboard seats
    •Revised inner door design for enhanced side-impact protection
    •Battery saver mode shuts off power when battery gets low due to extended accessory use
    •Revised parking brake release

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2010 Cadillac Escalade Changes

Per Buff's post I heard back from the factory today and they pretty much confirmed that Rainsense wipers are gone When I told the factory person that I was cancelling my 2010 order with my dealer because of this fact, I was told "no one would cancel an order for that reason" , I guess I am the first, well that 2010 Range Rover is looking good.

Buff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext

Thanks for the info.

Cadillac Escalade and Escalade Hybrid

Deletions

Exterior color (12U) Black Cherry
    Exterior color (25U) Blue Chip
    Exterior color (59U) Quicksilver
    (PDW) V8 Ultra Luxury Collection
    (PD5) 18" chrome wheels
    Hybrid decals from door, windshield and liftgate
    Overhead power release switches for second row seats
    Power tilt screen on navigation radio
    URPA lights in rear headliner (audible and camera remain)
    (CE1) Rainsense wipers

New Features

Exterior color (21U) Celestial Blue. Promotional color. Available at extra charge (except on Hybrid) Available Spring, 2010.
    Exterior color (58U) Black Ice. Promotional color. Available at extra charge, except on Platinum Edition or Hybrid. Available Fall, 2009.
    Exteror color (GGW) Galaxy Gray
    Exterior color (GGZ) Silver Lining
    (UUM) Audio system with navigation
    (USR) USB Port, radio interface, located inside center console
    (L94) New RPO Code for Vortec 6.2L V8 Engine

Changes

Build combinations
    Inner panel on front doors due to new side impact regulations
    Electronic parking brake release handle no longer located in IP near driver's knee. Will now need to push brake pedal to release brake.
    Front row head restraints change from leather-appointed to protein vinyl
    (AL4) Second row armrest changes to vinyl
    (AS3) Third row seating changes from leather appointed to protein vinyl
    (U3R) Audio system with navigation RPO code changes to (UUM)
    (L9H) Vortec 6.2L V8 engine RPO code changes to (L94)
    (LFA) Hybrid Vortec 6.0L SFI LIVC engine RPO code changes to (LZ1)
    (GU6) Hybrid axle ratio changes from 3.42 to 3.08
    Platinum Edition clock graphics now on all Escalades
    Click on the blue links to change image

It' pretty easy to see why GM failed, they have their head up their a$$ and do the stupidest things, keep taking options away and charging customers more money

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

hvcone, when you say it is a deletion does that mean it is no longer available period? This seems so stupid, particularly for Rainsense wipers. When my wipers come on when it rains I value buying a Cadillac. Just the same as when the brights go off and back on just after passing an oncoming vehicle. That is the time I appreciate the extra I paid for a "Cadillac" and actually subconsciously justify the extra cost. When I don't it is because of stupid things like no Bluetooth/Usb/Ipod/Effective Alarm and freaking restrictions on Nav/camera/radio while in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterKing View Post
    hvcone, when you say it is a deletion does that mean it is no longer available period? This seems so stupid, particularly for Rainsense wipers. When my wipers come on when it rains I value buying a Cadillac. Just the same as when the brights go off and back on just after passing an oncoming vehicle. That is the time I appreciate the extra I paid for a "Cadillac" and actually subconsciously justify the extra cost. When I don't it is because of stupid things like no Bluetooth/Usb/Ipod/Effective Alarm and freaking restrictions on Nav/camera/radio while in motion.
    I agree with you 100%, I talked to a factory service person three times last week about the wiper thing after they received my e-mail, they could offer me no reason other than cost why the rainsense wipers were being dropped, and when I say cost I mean that GM charges more and gives the customers less. 2010 could have been the best Escalade yet with bluetooth added in 2009, USB port added for music in 2010, so I am off to look at 2010 range rovers now

Buff is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade ext

Deletions power tilt nav screen. Now this one is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Deletions power tilt nav screen. Now this one is silly.
    I remember when I got my first 07' in 06' and must have it the screen tilt while cleaning, I though the screen got damaged somehow until I read the owners manual, didn't really need the screen to tilt IMO

Here is Caddy's letter to me questioning the Rainsense wipers deleted, there also has been 6 phone calls to me about this, of course it did no good:

Dear Mr. Voellm,

Thank you for contacting Cadillac and for your interest in the 2010 Cadillac Escalade! We appreciate the time you have taken to write us. We apologize for the delay in responding to your email, and hope it has not caused you any inconvenience in your research or purchase decision. We are sending this e-mail as a follow-up to a phone message that we left in response to your e-mail dated July 22, 2009.

Unfortunately, the RainSense Wiper option has been deleted for the Escalade for the 2010 model year. We will document your comments regarding this option, and forward your feedback to the appropriate department. However, RainSense Wipers are included on the 1SB, 1SD, and 1SE trim levels of the 2010 SRX.

The 2010 SRX is designed for efficient performance, including the choice of two high-tech six-cylinder engines that are new to Cadillac-the smallest-displacement engines it offers in North America. A new, 3.0L direct injected V-6 engine is standard and a new, 2.8L turbocharged V-6 is optional. Both engines employ technology that helps produce strong performance that is typical of larger-displacement engines. Direct injection enables a 25-percent reduction in hydrocarbon emissions.

If you are not currently working with a Cadillac dealership in your area and you would like to locate one, an easy way to do so is by using the Locate a Dealer web tool on http://www.cadillac.com. We suggest scheduling a test drive as well. There is nothing like a test drive to help you make that ultimate decision!

At Cadillac, we strive to provide exceptional customer service. If we can be of any further assistance please email us or call 1-800-333-4223, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am to 9pm Eastern Time, and Saturday 9am to 6pm. Thank you for contacting Cadillac!

Sincerely,

The Cadillac Marketing Team
    http://www.cadillac.com

You have received this e-mail advertising GM products and services in response to your recent request for vehicle information. Please visit http://www.gmcontactpreferences.com out of receiving future e-mail messages from General Motors.

General Motors Corporation, 100 Renaissance Center, 482-MAR-100, Detroit, MI 48265

[THREAD ID:1-CAIWFZ]

bigksone is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 ESV, 2004 Escalade

You're interested in an Escalade - take the time to write to them about an Escalade - and they try to get you to test drive a SRX???? WTF. That is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by bigksone View Post
    You're interested in an Escalade - take the time to write to them about an Escalade - and they try to get you to test drive a SRX???? WTF. That is ridiculous.
    I already have (2) SRX's, 2006 & 2008, and while I like the SRX's they are not Escalade's, but are easy to park in the city.

SFX Group is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ESV Platinum 2004 ::: BMW 750iL 2000

Hi

Can someone confirm, if they have removed rear power seat release in the front do these switches exsist in the front at all or are they in the rear pillar only now?

Also rear roof lights? where were these located? and there now taken out?

Removing leather (rear armrests and front head rests), can see they are not spending ANY new money on making old parts now then (or probs using over stock of old parts).

I assume the new NAV will be able to retro fit to a 2007, 2008 or 2009 so you get a USB radio in that vehicle.

Sounds to me like the 2009 is the latest year thats good...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.