Diablosport Predator settings
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Diablosport Predator settings in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently purchased a Diablosport Predator for my 08 EXT and loaded the 93 Performance Tune and I was just ...
    flyingfortress1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT

Diablosport Predator settings

I recently purchased a Diablosport Predator for my 08 EXT and loaded the 93 Performance Tune and I was just wondering if any of changed the original parameters for improving it. If anybody would share this info I would greatly appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Diablosport Predator settings

I keep meaning to look at what setting I increased, it just seems the Preditor and truck are never in the same place

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

I have goofed around a lot with it, and for my otherwise stock truck, the standard 93 program seems best - the only parameter I change is taking off the speed limiter.

flyingfortress1983 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT

what about messing with the injector slope by looking taking a log with the Predator. I mean I have tried to read a little into it but I still don't understand exactly what the results are going to be whether good or bad.

TSS

There was enough of an improvent that I was satisfied. I messed a little with air/fuel, RPM, idle, etc, but not injector slope (because I am not knowledgeable enough). Again, went back to the standard program.

steve841 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ext

So what's the real concensus? Is a Predator worth $350.00 or not for a stock vehicle???

Ronin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV AWD

Read this thread HERE for starters if you haven't already. Apparently there's no tranny/TCM programming in the tune(s), although it sounds like Diablosport is looking at it for the future. Without modifying or changing the torque management any changes to the motor that increase power/torque won't be as noticeable without changes to torque management and tranny settings as a program that would include it. Torque management helps protect the transmission, which is even more important with increased power levels, but it's overdone, which is not completely unexpected considering the Escalade is a luxury vehicle. The majority of Escalade owners would be less than pleased with neck snapping shifts...me, I wouldn't mind it on occasion (throttle dependent) as long as my trailer wasn't behind me...

Yes, I checkout out that thread... but I saw a lot of mixed thoughts .... so ...before I shelled out $350 .. I wanted to hear the real deal. I know back in the day, chip changes were never quite the return on investment as actual changes - exhaust, underdrive pulleys, etc.

I know diesels get a huge jump... but for another 10 - 20 hp, Im not sold on a Predator...

Ronin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV AWD

Quote Originally Posted by steve841 View Post
    Yes, I checkout out that thread... but I saw a lot of mixed thoughts .... so ...before I shelled out $350 .. I wanted to hear the real deal. I know back in the day, chip changes were never quite the return on investment as actual changes - exhaust, underdrive pulleys, etc.

I know diesels get a huge jump... but for another 10 - 20 hp, Im not sold on a Predator...
    I had a totally built diesel and know the difference a good tuner can make. With that being said, and butt dynos being notoriously inaccurate, modifying tranny settings, reducing torque management, shift points, pressure, etc. produces a much more profound (noticeable) effect than adding another 20 or so (peak) HP by tweaking the air/fuel ratio, etc. Take into consideration that you're dealing with an almost 3-ton SUV and unless you're seriously modding (heads, headers, forced induction, etc.) I'd call it a no-brainer (but don't want to hurt anyone's feelings)...

boss513 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So what's the real concensus? Is a Predator worth $350.00 or not for a stock vehicle???
    i have it on my lade only thing i have aftermarket is a K&N cai, but i would recommend it to some one who wants a lil extra performance, i have 30's on my ext and it could barely pull the wheels after i installed the predator i run like stock now

TSS

There clearly is no concensus. Put me down for being in favor of it though. My truck has better throttle response and more desireable down shifting with it. And my admittedly unscientific butt dyno tells me a little more oomph too.

All of my trucks (3 07's, and 08' and an 09') shifted much better after installing Preditor, much better, I would say almost night and day better.

Well .... I ended up with a decent offer on a Predator ... $332.00 shipped .... so, I guess I will find out for myself if its worth 3 bills...

Well .... I ended up with a decent offer on a Predator ... $332.00 shipped .... so, I guess I will find out for myself if its worth 3 bills...
    Do you have any other mods?

Just a K&N filter... and I doubt I would mod anything else .... just the Predator.

Guess I just need to feel like its faster than the next guy's EXT....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.