Diablosport Predator settings - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Diablosport Predator settings in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Keep us posted - all I have is the K&N filter and the Preditor. Very pleased....
    TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Re: Diablosport Predator settings

Keep us posted - all I have is the K&N filter and the Preditor. Very pleased.

Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

I haven't been watching the Forum much:
    Bought a C6 Vette and have been busy with that for last 3 months
    With all the posts, and most of them positive:
    I'm surprised the Predator is still be discussed like it's undecided whether it makes an improvement or not.
    I only have the K&N air filter for mods and run the 93 Predator Performance tune in my EXT.
    It Makes A Difference in a Very Good way
    Any info about not being able to program the Trans is true but,.. the Trans shifts better and.. Less Often with the Tune installed.
    The reason being is the Trans senses when the engine is starting to Lug/Struggle when more gas is given, so in turn, it down shifts to let the engine make more power with more RPM.
    With the Tune installed, the Motor makes more power easier and the Trans does not sense the engine Lugging as much so, it does not down shift as much.
    I took my Tune out of the EXT a while back to update it for the Vette.
    I didn't put it back in and drove to the moutains, 200 mile drive.
    I had forgotten how much the EXT down shifted without the Tune.
    Also for that reason I noticed less MPG.
    With that in mind, as far as Modifying the Tune to make it even Better....
    I learned a lot on the Vette Forum under the C6 Scan & Tune section.
    It's invloved and time consuming so not going to post all the info.
    But, doing so makes a BIG improvment over the stock Performance Tune which is still a Nice improvement.
    Each vehicle has to be done to itself, can't just take reading from someone elses Tune and put them in.
    It involves running the vehicle, making a Log, saving the log, printing it out, reading it to make adjustments to what you want it to do to make it better.
    Then, .. do it all again to test the results and most likely make more changes

Anyway, to anyone getting the Predator Tuner and installing it:
    Be aware, there is a "Slight" instant noticable difference but,...
    it takes a few miles, about 100 or so for the Tune to really take hold.
    The ECM has to learn the new Program and Peformance and enjoyment will progressively get Better.

Check out some of the info as I mentioned on the Vette Forum, Scan & Tune section.

steve841 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escalade ext

Leery was my problem ... $350 for ????? So, mine was put in today .. . and it is peppier ... Haven't hit WOT yet ... but we shall see. Impressed? No. Disappointed? No. Still on the fence? Yes.

txlaw2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade

I just got a predator and I installed it on Monday. I immediately floored it and it topped out at 115mph on speedo (my gps said 110). Prior to the predator, the ESC would stop at approx 107mph. Do I need to modify my settings to remove the top speed??? My 2004 avalanche 5.3L with hypertech would hit 130 mph, so I figure ESC should go faster. I want to install my k&N Cold air kit. Do I need to modify any settings for the k&n??? Thanks.

TSS

That is just too fast, 130 in an Avalanche or Lade. But, yes, to increase speed limiter, you go to adjust parameters/modify tune. There is an option to raise or eliminate speed limiter. Please be careful.

marxkvi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade esv 2007

Just received my predator Tues and could not get it to work on my 07 esv, DS provided an update same day but still doesn’t wrk, sent in my download info to them and must wait until after holidays. DS has a very good forum and I expect further help next week.

Did any of you have to disconnect fuses prior to install?? My error message just says “your downloader is not supported”.

Dif
    Dif is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT

Quote Originally Posted by marxkvi View Post
    Just received my predator Tues and could not get it to work on my 07 esv, DS provided an update same day but still doesn’t wrk, sent in my download info to them and must wait until after holidays. DS has a very good forum and I expect further help next week.

Did any of you have to disconnect fuses prior to install?? My error message just says “your downloader is not supported”.
    When I bought the Predator for my 07 EXT, back in 07, the message displayed when I tried to install the program.
    Thought maybe I was doing something wrong so tried a couple more times and then the program installed no problem.
    I did not disconnect any fuses or anything of the sort.
    Just do not open the doors or turn on anything once the program is in process of loading and everything should work fine.
    If you have the Optional down load cables for the Predator you can download the latest update through your computer from www.diablosport.com for your vehicle.
    In the Support tab at top of page, the drop down menu will show downloads.
    You will have to download a program to the computer to enable downloading the Predator Revision update through the computer and into the hand held Predator.
    The latest update ( Revision ) for the U7194 Predator programmer is 9r13.
    The 9r13 or, whatever Revision is in the programmer,.. will show in the Predator programmer window when you plug it into the vehicle.
    I have downloaded the 9r13 Revision since I needed the update to use in my Vette when the time comes.
    But, 9r13 also updates it for the EXT as it works for the Escalade and the Vette..
    I haven't put it back in the EXT so do not know if the message will appear again or not.
    But as I mentioned, before the update it would load and work.

CADDYFAT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade ESV

Quote Originally Posted by boss513 View Post
    i have it on my lade only thing i have aftermarket is a K&N cai, but i would recommend it to some one who wants a lil extra performance, i have 30's on my ext and it could barely pull the wheels after i installed the predator i run like stock now

YOU HAVE 30" wheels? Pics!!! Let me see!

bigdawgjz88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    I have goofed around a lot with it, and for my otherwise stock truck, the standard 93 program seems best - the only parameter I change is taking off the speed limiter.
    I also have the predator and had a quick question. For the speed limit feature, does "on" mean the their is a limit to the top speed (speed limit reglated)? or does it mean their is no limit to the top speed ( can go as fast as you want)?

I want to take off the speed limiter but don't know if it's supposed to be on or off

TSS

OFF is what eliminates the speed limiter as I understand it. Ie. Turning off means no speed limiter. I cannot confirm that it works though, as I have never tried it. I do not generally drive fast and never would have even hit the original limiter. Nontheless, even if it was the opposite, if you just set the other limiters to the max (155) you will have achieved the same goal for all intents and purposes. Over 90 in any SUV exceeds my comfort zone.

Texas_Lade is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Black on Black Escalade LOADED

The thing is..you NEVER know when you'll need to get over 110 MPH. By that I mean emergencies. I ordered the Predator yesterday and should be in sometime next week. Have no other mods installed and do not care for "performance". Just want to be able to go as fast as I can "safely" when I need to.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.