Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2009 Platinum Conversion

26K views 45 replies 28 participants last post by  petethepug 
#1 ·
Just completed the 09' platinum edition front end switch on a 07". Turned out nice, I will get some pictures on here soon. I have my HID's for sale, with the wiring harness if anyone is interested.

#5 ·
I can't wait to see pics.

Is there anyway you can provide the GM part numbers for the upper and lower grille, headlamps and headlamp wiring harness?

I would love to do the wheels as that is my favorite part of the platinum package.

Please post pics and the info so the rest of us can do the conversion too!

Thanks!

SG

#6 ·
This is my first time posting pics hope this works. The last thing I need to do is the the right hood molding, as you can see in the pics it doesn't come to the end of the grill. I don't have any part numbers guys, sorry.

Attachments

#10 ·
The platinum I think is betwen $20,000 to $30,000 more than what the base model sells for. And they are 26's, Steep-6 Gianelle with some new Nitto tires which I like alot more than the Kumho tires I have ran on all my truck tires before. I was having problems with the Kumho's cracking on the sidewalls. Hopefully these Nitto's don't. If you want the parts just talk to someone at the parts department of a Caddy dealership, and if they have 5 minutes to look it up they can find everything.

#11 ·
Hey [lactruck81] you were having problems with the Kumho's Tires..??? Im having that same problem as well. They are starting to crack on the side wall. I thought maybe it was just due to low tire pressure but since im not the only one having this problem I might jump on a diff brand. Those Nitto's doing you good so far? Whats the diff in price??

Oh yeah and truck looks great man.... im just going to wait for an after market body kit comes out... I want the whole front back and sides.

#13 ·
I have the same Nittos on my EXT, but on 24s and have put about 4k miles on them and they ride very nice. Grip is awsome, and the tread pattern is just awsome.

I too got a platinum fron end for my black EXT but haven't put it on yet, Im waiting to get the wire harness for the LED lights, and make the whole switch at one time.

Looks like the LEDs are more yellowish than the HIDs. Is that really the case or so they just look that way in the pics ? Are they dimmer than the HIDs ?

#15 ·
Roger, the lights are not yellow. During the day they kind of have a yellow to them, but at night they are straight bright white. hcvone, the difference between the two, you can look at the invoice on both, and its $17,000. I don't know how the dealer is discounting the Platinum, but it was only a $10,000 difference on the sticker??

#21 ·
You didn't happen to price out what the platinum wheels would be did you? I am looking to purchase a set and I am trying to get an idea of how much they would be. The parts shop at the dealership is closed until Monday.

I found a guy up in Detroit who says he could sell four wheels, tires NOT included for $3,500. I thought that was a little high.

#27 ·
that is tru ballin right there...love the blatant disregard of cheddar savings. you made it rain at the local dealerships parts desk...muck it! you can spend it when your dead!!!

I did the same thing to a mustang gt, turned it into a cobra with 5k worth of junk, and it looked rad, but i still never had the cobra engine or interior...
so do you have the platinum interior, or stock leather in there.

that would be the telltale for the tru fan, just like I had a pony on my wheel instead of a cobra!!

#28 ·
Hi, My wifely rear-ended someone at 10mph this morning but it clearly needs a new bumper cover and grille as both are cracked on my 07 ESV.
I am going to the auto place tomorrow to get the estimate to fix it. What I'd like to do is get the Platinum upper and lower grille's and the platinum edition bumper cover instead of going stock. 2 dealers (body shop person) said this can be done as the dimensions of the lights are the exact same from HID to LED. I do not want to move to LED. I just want the Platinum bumber and 2 grills. One other dealer said no go, the lights are a differ size. Would any of you know for sure if this can be done to my ESV?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.