New Transmission Upgrade 07 Escalades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, New Transmission Upgrade 07 Escalades in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I recently took my 07 escalade to the dealership for the 30,000 mil service. In addition to the 30,000 mil ...
    kwd39699 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Exclamation New Transmission Upgrade 07 Escalades

I recently took my 07 escalade to the dealership for the 30,000 mil service. In addition to the 30,000 mil service i told them i was having trouble with the transmission. i.e. when i would put the car in drive or revers the car would jerk back and forth kinda. Also when i would stop at a red, there would be a thumping feeling. At first they blamed it on the oversize wheels, but after looking into it they told me that there is a transmission upgrade. they mentioned something about recalibration. If anyone is having the same problem take your car in and ask them to upgrade (re program) your trani system

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CharlieC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 Escalade

Re: New Transmission Upgrade 07 Escalades

What they're likely refering to is a simple lubing of the tailshaft/yoke on the rear of the transmission. For whatever reason, GM is having a problem with this in 2007 at least, trucks/SUVs. They've got some super slippery lube they're putting on the transmission tailshaft to address this problem. What you're feeling is the yoke "suddenly" sliding in, giving the feeling of getting a good bump in the rear. It's very annoying...

Charlie

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

There was a software update for the trans soon after the 07's were released, several members that had problems with their transmissions had this done and saw improvement. Personally my two 07's could not have a better transmission, both shift strong on both upshifts and downshifts

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by hcvone View Post
    There was a software update for the trans soon after the 07's were released, several members that had problems with their transmissions had this done and saw improvement. Personally my two 07's could not have a better transmission, both shift strong on both upshifts and downshifts

Mine is a VERY early build 07. 7/06 I think. Anyway, I got the software update too because of some tranny peculiarities - I am pretty sure that is what the dealership did for the OP.

rusppa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade

I have a 07 Escalade that I purchased 5/06, I have had nothing but issues with the transmission. I first reported that there was a hesitation upon starting from a dead stop, “lag” at 40, rough shifting. All I hear is that the module controls the trans, they “tuned” module, took back, “tuned” module, took out the driveshaft and all of the other stuff but….this has gone on since I had truck. One time the transmission man said he had no idea what computer program was in the module, I tried to calmly explain that his dealership has done all of the work since I bought the truck from them. I get tired of bringing it in so I was just living with it until the other day when upon rapid acceleration the truck nosedived between shifts, this happened twice, and then developed a whining noise that gets louder until trans shifts and then starts again. Off to the dealership, service manger drove and heard noise, left vehicle, now there is no noise that they can find. The truck sits in the lot and they have no idea how to proceed…….thoughts?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.