Headrest TV/DVDs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, Headrest TV/DVDs in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Hey, i hope everyone (and their Escalades) is doing well. I recently made some money from selling my GM shares, ...
    MyBabyTheCaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Escalade ESV

Headrest TV/DVDs

Hey,

i hope everyone (and their Escalades) is doing well. I recently made some money from selling my GM shares, so i figured the only honorable thing to do was to sink my profits into my GM Truck, that is whatever chunk of them is left after the women in my family have bought what they "need"

So i was wondering if anyone has had headrest TVs/dvd installed in their Escalade. I was thinking of Getting two installed on the front headrests (platinum style) and having a DVD player for each.

Has anyone done this? if so, how is it working out, and how much roughly do you remember coughing up for a decent install job.

Any help appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nixonride is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Headrest TV/DVDs

I have just the headrests and use the factory Nav/dvd...I paid 450 for the headrests and did the install my self...they work great...also had to pay $75 for the Dealership to unlock the U42 code so that they would play in the back if I changed the front screen to something else...you also have to buy a $50-60 part so that you can get the video outs out of the head unit. If you where to buy new headrests with individual DVD's I would say your lookin around 12-1500 and probably a couple hundered for an audio shop to do the install.

nicolaasdb is offline Cadillac Owners Member

pictures please!!!

hesaves0211 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 EXT white

Quote Originally Posted by nixonride View Post
    ..also had to pay $75 for the Dealership to unlock the U42 code so that they would play in the back if I changed the front screen to something else....
    is this code unlock similar to the feature that restricts me from watching a dvd on the front monitor while driving? if so please provide me with more info. thank you

i just picked up my 07 ext today

No the unlock U42 code only unlocks the rear dvd...if yours didn't come stock with RES then when you hook up either a rear monitor or headrest monitors it will play with out doing anything different but when you change the head unit to the radio or xm it will pause the movie and the people in the back no longer get to watch anything....as soon as you turn the head unit back to DVD then it turns on in the front and rear. If you get the U42 code unlocked then no matter what the people in the back can watch movies. to unlock the Nav while driving to either watch dvd's or scroll through stations, or to input nav addresses you have to get a lockpick or something like that....it is a whole different mechanism that will hook into the back of your nav and allow you to access all the features of the nav while in motion.

Oh yeah as for pictures I will have to take some tomorrow and post them fo ya.

Talented Square is offline Cadillac Owners Member

nixonride what $50-60 part do i have to buy so i can get the video out of the head unit

Ronin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 Escalade ESV AWD

My '07 ESV came with a dealer installed aftermarket A/V equipment (since it wasn't navi equipped from the factory).

The Eclipse AVN5500 headunit plays DVDs in motion (it's a simple hack that any self-respecting installer can do...by the way, it's only illegal in 3 states so no lectures please, it's not for me, I'm too busy driving) and outputs to dual DVD Vizualogic model A-1250/712-7 matching headrests. The headrests can display the head unit video source, watch a DVD, or play a videogame that's hooked up to the AUX input. It also (wireless) outputs the sound to the stereo through FM. It's extremely versatile. Prices vary, but are considerable cheaper than the factory DVD system. Installation shouldn't run more than $100 +/-, anymore than that and I'd do it myself, it's not that complicated.

You didn't mention what you had for a headunit. If it's the factory navi/DVD the factory headrests may be the way to go, although the Vizualogic can integrate just as easily with factory systems as aftermarkets. This is my second set of Vizualogic headrests, the first being in my '03 Navigator and I really like the way they look, fit and function. Good luck with whatever you choose to do...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.