2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS in Cadillac Escalade Forums; Originally Posted by HUNGLOWE I bought the set and had them installed. The plug cost $150. I was charged $150 ...
    eddied3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Post Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by HUNGLOWE View Post
    I bought the set and had them installed. The plug cost $150. I was charged $150 to put them in. They work great!!! Love them.. I have a Asanti grill also. So the front end looks wild. The Dealer wanted me to bring it back after they installed them.

Now I get to sell my old one's that are perfect. Anyone need them? $600 for the set. 2008 5500 miles.
    Where did you get the plug harness that you paid $150 per harness at???

motorwerks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

Ok, I'm just getting MIXED responses regarding retrofitting the Platinum edition LED headlamps. Is the adapter harness ALL THAT IS NEEDED??

Here is my situation: I have a 2008 Platinum Escalade. It was produced in spring of 2008 so it still has the regular HID headlamps shared by all other normal Escalade variants. I have, in my possession, a pair of mint condition Platinum LED headlamp assemblies from a 2012 Platinum Escalade. Can someone PLEASE tell me what is necessary to retrofit these to work in my 2008?? I DO have quite a bit of electrical abilities. However, is all that is involved is plugging in a $150 adapter harness?? Or, does it require some wiring modifications??

HELP SOMEONE!!

soulsea is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2014.5 Range Rover V8 SC

I know that on my 2012 all I needed was the HID harness taken off and replaced with the LED harness ... the only thing that doesn't function is the DRL but that could be remedied by some rewiring in the fuse box or with Waterking's method. The details are on this thread along with some other info: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...headlamps.html

I'm not sure if it is the same on the pre-09 Escalades and if they require further modification to have the LED headlamps plug and play. My impression is that is the case but I don't know for sure ... hopefully someone else can deny/confirm this.

MBEIDOUN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): custom shop

hello I just have a question i have a customer with a 2007 regular escalade, i got the platinum headlights and the harness to convert it, just wondering if i have to change the bumper and grille too or will is just take the place of the regular headlights

chakde is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 Escalade EXT, 2012 Escalade ESV Platinum

They should work with regular bumper and grille

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.