2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS in Cadillac Escalade Forums; im wondering the same thing about this harness..been hearing mixed storys..but theres a guy on cardomain with an 07 ext ...
    getlade247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

im wondering the same thing about this harness..been hearing mixed storys..but theres a guy on cardomain with an 07 ext with the platinum lights and there working fine..so theres gotta be a way....if anyone has anypics lets see!! haha im just praying for a platinum to get rear ended and im the first one at the autowrecker that day...:P

hannity is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 Porsche Boxster S, 2011 Range Rover Super Charged

I see many are interested in the look of the platinum lights. I must say that the look of the truck with the platinum front end gives it the best look of any suv on the market. That being said, my wifes Audi A6 hid lights are brighter than on my platinum. I have even looked at other escalades in traffic when I see them and notice that their lights are brighter as well. All in all I would still purchase the platinum over the regular version because the platinum is so sexy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger_1 View Post
    Just wondering, have you seen both the LED headlights and the HIDs side by side ? Or are you just saying this based on previous LED lighting systems ?

I've seen a couple of platinum escalades driving at night, and they seemed just as bright as my HIDs.

I dont know too much about LED tech, but I dont think Cadillac would be putting these lights on what's supposed to be their top of the line SUV if they didn't provide some sort of improvement.

Also Audi has recently added all LED headlights to the R8. Thats a 100K+ car, and I REALLY doubt audi would be resorting to gimmicks on what is currently their cream of the crop car.
    Thank you for the info.

MAXWELADE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac escalade- White diamond

Just bought a 2007 white diamond lade 3 weeks ago--- looking to find out if anyone has any good places to get the platinum lights as well as the wire harness....??? was also wondering if any of you got the ipod kit s well as the bluetooth kit.... please let me know what you found and if you have had success with anything---- thanks!!!

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

LED's do not have quite the light output (range) that HID's have. I have both and it has been confirmed with lumen testing by someone else, however IMHO they are more than adequate even in the dark areas I drive in. I do prefer the more even coverage of the LED's over the HID's (my impression anyway). I get flashed by more drivers who think my LED's are brights than with the HID's. I think it is mostly because of the shape. Color temp very close. For those interested in LED's see also:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...m-edition.html

Near the end, I enclosed some installation/differences pictures.

fart_cannon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

bump for this thread - really good information here.

WaterKing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt

Although it is an external link it is strictly informational in nature and provides the best generic description I have found on the Platinum LED headlights for anyone interested.
    http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2...headlamps.html

I still do not have the "headlight out" sensing function working on my 2007 Ext with Platinum Led headlights but all other functions are now working including the DLRs which are a "reduced" output low beam which means the entire outer row is lit at reduced intensity. Anyway the link provides the actual data on the Lumen output. IMHO even though the LED's have a lower than the HID's but higher than Incandescent the color temp and pattern is much more consistent and even.

Quote Originally Posted by WaterKing View Post
    Although it is an external link it is strictly informational in nature and provides the best generic description I have found on the Platinum LED headlights for anyone interested.
    http://www.sandyblogs.com/techlink/2...headlamps.html

I still do not have the "headlight out" sensing function working on my 2007 Ext with Platinum Led headlights but all other functions are now working including the DLRs which are a "reduced" output low beam which means the entire outer row is lit at reduced intensity. Anyway the link provides the actual data on the Lumen output. IMHO even though the LED's have a lower than the HID's but higher than Incandescent the color temp and pattern is much more consistent and even.
    Thanks for the info I really do like the lights.

felixgun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Escalade & 2011 Yukon

I haven't been able to find the grill/bumper/headlights for the platinum edition anywhere... anyone have any luck? Trying to get it all together for my 07 Esky... PM me or email me at felixgun@gmail.com if ya got any of it! Thanks.

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

this is the cleanest avalanche i see thos far in dallas nicest conversion was trying to catch up with you for some tips on the conversion of my 07 avalanche to a caddy i talk to the guy that has done some work on you truck it looks sick had to look twice when i saw you in the road why did you not change the rear tail light to the exts ? you liked the avalanches better where you get that huge decal at i am looking to get one on mine

texas1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

hunglowe i forgot to ask one more question where did you get the dish on top of your truck do they sell them at moonshadow two?

murphy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

How could you not like this front end...if the LED's aren't bright enuf simply add 55w fogs..excellent addition..

TobyJohnson11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade AWD, 12 Ram Longhorn, Coming Soon (10 Platinum)

Murphy, Your Escalade is awesome!!!!

How did you get your fog lights to stay on with the high and low beams at the same time? Also do the 55w seem to overpower the light output from the low beams?

Thanks!

murphy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by TobyJohnson11 View Post
    Murphy, Your Escalade is awesome!!!!

How did you get your fog lights to stay on with the high and low beams at the same time? Also do the 55w seem to overpower the light output from the low beams?

Thanks!
    Thanks,
    The highs aren't on...there are two more LED's on each headlight (inside edge) that are not lit...you're seeing just the lows on in the picture. The fogs go off when high beam selected.
    The 55watt fogs are great. They light the road in front of the lows..there is an adjustment screw on the fogs (torx) that allows you to focus them where they belong...lighting the area just in front of the vehicle. They are especially effective in the snow

TobyJohnson11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade AWD, 12 Ram Longhorn, Coming Soon (10 Platinum)

Thanks for the info. I have 55w 5k highs, lows, and fogs in my Ram and they are great but the fogs also go off when the high beams are selected, but it would be awesome if they would stay on when the high beams are also on.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.