2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Escalade, EXT and ESV Forum - 2007-2014 Discussion, 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS in Cadillac Escalade Forums; I found the PM and tried calling a few times but it was busy....
    HUNGLOWE is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): escalade

Re: 2009 Cadillac Escalade Platinum EDITION HEADLIGHTS

I found the PM and tried calling a few times but it was busy.

Uebermensch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by murphy View Post
    Good info..thanks
    that is good info, I had the oppurtunity to see a platinum at night and I was sorely dissapointed in how dim the headlights were. I prefer HID over any other current lighting system.

HUNGLOWE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Ttt for you

getlade247 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

just curious if anyone knows if the new led lights will work on a 07 escalade? Ive heard rumors on other posts that the plug and play with the harness will only worl 08+...??... If so has anyone done it to there 07s
    Thanks guys...looks great!!

valleyguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hey getlade,,, i did the whole platinum conversion on my 07 grill and lights and they did work with a 100 dollar wire harness i bought... work and look great... have a brand new set of lights and bumper if anyone is interested!!!!!

thanks alot valley guy!..i appreciate the reply you have any pics?

GERMEEZY1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am now running LED fogs and the factory bi-xenons in an 09 Escalade I can confirm that the LED's even though brighter than halogens are not as bright as HID's.

the blur is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

2011, I'd deciding between the Platium and Luxury. The wife has an eye condition, and she loves the HID's in my car. Are the LED brighter than the HID's ?? I really need the best headlights.

cadmanchris is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS,2007 STS V8

About any Caddy techs not posting on this, here goes. I put a Platinum and a regular Escalade side by side a while ago. My honest opinion is that the HID's seemed brighter to me. I had a chance to drive a Platinum home on an overnight road test for a driveability concern. IMO the headlamps were ok, but not as bright. No hating, no bs, just posting what I came up with.

Hunglowe- Have to say, love the look of your ride overall. Is it lowered at all?

And I was about to spend $85,000 on the platium !! Looks like it'll be a Luxury, or Chevy LTZ.

MrHolland is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    And I was about to spend $85,000 on the platium !! Looks like it'll be a Luxury, or Chevy LTZ.

The Platinum is more than just LED head lamps. I understand certain situations can dictate certain actions, but the LED head lamps are more than sufficient. If you are in the market for a Cadillac I would highly encourage you to see a Platinum edition in person before you decide not to purchase one. I love mine and certainly wouldn't give it up for a Luxury edition.

I did sit in one yesterday, and the seating is definately a step above the luxury version. But the HID's are very important to my wife.

i just think the plat. headlights look amazing coming down the street behind me..i have an 07 ext...and yes i know the hids are "brighter" but im not driving in the bushes..cant wait till i can affored the transfer..still pretty $$$$$$

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

OK, I am glad someone brought this thread back and knew it would pop up eventually (I meant to ask about this and forgot)... this is about the ONLY reason I would want a Platinum besides the wheels...

SO... Is it TRUE that you can retrofit these with a 100.00 harness? If so, where do you obtain the harness? Moreover, how much were the lights in the original post? I watch ebay from time to time but never see any on there. I'm guessing $1500-2000.00? Reason I ask is I noticed there were old posts by a called "WaterKing" who went through ALL KINDS of headaches to put these on his 2007 'Lade, and now someone is saying they just bought a 100.00 harness... something isn't adding up, unless someone is making the complete harnesses now for just this purpose.

If I could get a set of the lights, and then the Platinum wheels, I'd have a "poor man's" Platinum for 55 grand less and be plenty satisfied!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by the blur View Post
    I did sit in one yesterday, and the seating is definately a step above the luxury version. But the HID's are very important to my wife.
    If that's the case, then why on earth would you even consider an LTZ? Those have crappy halogens that are even worse than the LEDs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.